rllmuk
Gorf King

Destiny 2 Shadowkeep: the Undying Grind

Yeah - items appeared on character without fanfare 

Anyone else had bombs in Silent Fang bounty crash the game?

3 teammates all crashed every time a balls thrown

Pffft I hope they dish out special rewards for people who own the Ace of Spades already ;) 

They did this loads in Destiny, Thorn and some other weapons were properly difficult to get until the let the n00bs have them too :mad:

I doubt it's about people struggling with it so much as it is people loading into Gambit specifically to try and progress the quest without actually playing the other 95 per cent of the mode. It was a bad decision in the first place I think, so I'm glad they've walked it back. And I like that I did it the hard way.

Now, if they could just change the elemental kills bit of the chaperone quest to 'log in four days in a row and play no crucible unless there's a daily on' we'll be in business.

• Upvote 1

I immediately wanted to delete the chaperone bounty as soon as I looked up the quest requirements. No thank you.

It's honestly not that bad. Especially since that once you get an elemental percent up to 100, it stays locked there and can't go down. So just run Solar on super/energy/heavy, kill things until you lock it in, change to something else, repeat. 

The Luna's Howl quest though, I absolutely will be deleting. Fuck that whole noise. 

4 hours ago, dreamylittledream said:

Thank F for that

There is a possibility I many be able to do it now

Annoyingly I was 4/5 with kills but Sleep Simulant makes it near impossible to get the handgun kill - you have to get close and I got killed around 11 times during 8 games last night when I tried to close in to get the kill.

Plus when you do get close they just whip out the Super and you dont stand a chance. I had a guy down to a sliver with my handgun and then the bastard TITAN SMASHED! :(

My problem with the hand cannon is my staggering lack of accuracy. I'm quite tense in PVP which leads me to whiffing shots. It's not so bad with a pulse rifle, especially with the zoom, but with hand cannons I struggle to get the three headshots needed to kill someone before they down you. 

And that's in normal PVP. In Gambit they have the overshield and quite often Sleeper and a super too. 

My solitary kill so far was when someone else was distracting them and I came from the side. Probably a lot of luck needed as the Sleeper-wielders deliberately hang back, and I was able to stumble around the side while they were distracted. 

My friend managed to jammily nab five kills quite quickly while I was serving as the distraction, stealing some from me too, the dastard. 

I didn't like the quest step but I would have felt some satisfaction from getting it (eventually). 

I shouldn't worry though, the crucible part will also prove annoyingly tricky. And just looked up Luna's Howl so I always have that if I fancy inflict self-luminous the on myself. 

4 hours ago, lewismistreated said:

It's honestly not that bad. Especially since that once you get an elemental percent up to 100, it stays locked there and can't go down. So just run Solar on super/energy/heavy, kill things until you lock it in, change to something else, repeat. 

The Luna's Howl quest though, I absolutely will be deleting. Fuck that whole noise. 

Yeah, I have the completed quest sitting in my quest log, just not cashed it in as it'll be higher power whenever you do so. Did the Ace quest the old way, but on the stash part now. Same reason as Chaperone for not having progressed it. Neither were that hard to do, just time consuming.

The Lunas Howl quest doesnt sound too bad, apart from the "reach Fabled rank" bit. The pulse rifle one seems a bit easy considering it was the top tier pvp reward last season though. Am on the double kills part (third part of the quest), and I think once you get it, its added to the loot pool for Shaxx's rank up packages, so you could get an Outlaw perk and Rampage or whatever random roll on it later.

In other news, they may have fixed the Iron Banner not dropping tokens/loot bug (although its not in todays patch notes, oddly) - @Uncle Mike "dragged"* me into a game, which we lost as there were only 3 of us vs a full stack of 6, but I got a blue and 5 tokens at the end, which was more than I got in all the games I did yesterday on my Titan. Hope its not a fluke, and it is actually fixed now, fingers crossed.

*it was only the one game he needed for the daily, to be fair.

Edit: The following question:

Any information on the no token bug in Crucible and Iron Banner?

Getting no end-of-match rewards in any crucibe playlist... No loot/tokens/glimmer. Would really appreciate some feedback.

Got Cozmo's response:

So it is indeed fixed! \o/

Really like this weeks ascendant challenge. Different from frantics of the others, but still have to focus.

Up to 548 light now. I've said at 550 I'm gonna go through the 400 items in my bank and work out what I actually want/like.

The need a better way to get MW cores though. Given the upgrade system to each armor/weapon I understand why they want to keep it limited/scarce, but as they cost to infuse as well :S

I'm doing okay for cores by just buying two or three a day from Spider. I'm only infusing when a favourite weapon is at least 10 power off the pace, and not bothering with armour infusions until much later on.

You can get more cores by handing in materials and old tokens at planetary vendors like we used to in Warmind. The drops from rank up packages still have the chance of containing masterworked items that can be broken down into cores, and you sometimes get more than 1 from each MW'd item.

Also this was on reddit (I cant confirm, but I didnt see anything earlier at Zavala):

I had no idea those cats were a thing until the other day when some random was shooting at me to get my attention and led me to one in some cave that I never would've found myself.

A Cat what? A minor annoyance in the whole Dreaming City thing, it’s so dense and impenetrable. Didn’t even know it existed and that this was where the real loot was kept up until about a week ago. You’d really only know the entirety of what’s going on and what you need to do is if you had read up on it, spent too much time wondering aimlessly or somebody walks you through. 

e.g. the Corrupted strike is an absolute banger, one of the best they’ve ever done. They don’t explicitly make you go off and do it tho. Suppose it’s just the same as never getting 96 exits on Mario whatever, where you have to invest the time to see the best bits,  but sometimes it’s just nice to have your hand held.

To be fair it was designed specifically as the end game space after finishing up with The Tangled Shore. I like that it’s full of secrets for those that want to go off exploring/reading about them when they should be working.

Yeah, it’s an incredible piece of content, probably the best they’ve ever done.

I still reckon I’ve only seen about half of it, if that.

I was knocking out weeklies on my high-530s Titan when I realised I hadn’t even unlocked dreaming city yet. So much to do, it’s mad. I want to try that hunter solar super but I can’t maintain three characters this expansion, it’s just too much. Lovely. 

Dreaming City's not even fully unlocked yet There's more stuff to come.

For those wondering how to get tinctures (to become ascendant), there's a skull that sells you them for 50 baryon boughs in Harbvingers Seclude (in Rheasilvia, top right of the map). Quick video on how to get there:

Yeah, most of this stems from the unconsciousable anxiety of leaving unclaimed bounties left over come Monday evening

I'm surprised how well they appear to have done a PvE endgame for non-raiders after four years of fuck-all.