rllmuk
Gorf King

Destiny 2 Shadowkeep: the Undying Grind

Are the Gambit quitter penalties in place yet? Games this morning were really slow to matchmake and after finishing a round I sat on the summary screen for 10 minutes before having to drop off for work. I hope I haven't just sullied my immaculate non-quitter record...

3 minutes ago, BubbleFish said:

Are the Gambit quitter penalties in place yet? Games this morning were really slow to matchmake and after finishing a round I sat on the summary screen for 10 minutes before having to drop off for work. I hope I haven't just sullied my immaculate non-quitter record...

The penalties still aren't there as far as I know. The same thing has happened to me a few times and I actually got banned because of it for 15 minutes on launch day.

Just remove it from being able to be selected for Gambit ( at least temporarily ), that way they don’t have to change anything & there’s plenty of other heavy weapons you can use. 

Having said that, if anyone hasn’t got their Triumphs for Gambit related to invading, then it’s probably wise to pick up your Simulant now & get them done. 

Back to the subject of prime engrams. I logged on this morning and did a couple of strikes. No prime engram, but I did notice that the Pyramidion strike has loads of orange bar enemies right at the start. You could get a team of three in and just keep farming that starting area. 

On 16/09/2018 at 10:42, spanx said:

So are there still any people wanting to team up and do the Leviathan raid? I've never tried one and I think my power level's adequate to try now.

On 16/09/2018 at 11:01, pledge said:

I never completed it but have played it - and up for trying again. PS4

On 16/09/2018 at 15:23, StephenM said:

I’ll probably be up for it — never done a raid, although I have seen some of the encounters so wouldn’t be completely blind (but could keep that to myself). 

I'm still very much up for this but it might take a little while for me to reach the required level. I'm playing through co-op with fellow PS+ noob @Razzle as and when we're both available but we're only a few missions in so far. Totally understand if you manage to get a group together before, but we'd both be up for it if we make it before you get bored of waiting!

As an aside, is there room for noobs in the rllmuk clan(s)? If somebody could let me know the best one to join that would be hugely appreciated.

• Upvote 1

I'm not really complaining per se about the grind, as I'm enjoying logging on every day and getting rewarded for playing crucible, gambit, strikes etc. but I do agree that there could be a general upward power curve with rewards that mirrors pushing players towards endgame stuff. 

Strikes had the same problem in vanilla Destiny 2 - why do a strike, when you could do a public heroic event in 1/10 of the time and get the same, if not better rewards? And as soulless as it was, that's what a lot of players did. I try and avoid taking the shortest, most robotically efficient route towards an optimal grind, but even I did strikes a lot less than in D1. 

In D1 I found myself popping Three of Coin and running strikes with two friends to get exotics. In vanilla D2 I got most of the exotics well before I got to 300 power level. 

I like that there's a variety of Daily and Weekly challenges to do, rather than logging in one day a week and ticking a few boxes. I think the bounties aren't too bad and generally complete through normal play. A lot of things simply requiring you to play the game, reward you now, and you aren't reliant on wins or prowess. But these should be at the lower end of the scale, and Nightfall, the Raid, the Blind Well etc. should be at the top. 

Otherwise what is going to happen is players will take the easy route to the grind to get raid-ready, they'll do the raid and then start complaining about nothing else to do, as they've got their levelling from elsewhere. 

Played 1 game of Gambit earlier for the Daily. Got my final two Hand Cannon kills, and in a way that I was morally happy with (ie not just spawn camping waiting for the Invader, but actually playing to win.) Killed a Sleeper invader twice.

And, despite the best efforts of my non-banking teammates, we won the game. Nice.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Billy Brown said:

I'm still very much up for this but it might take a little while for me to reach the required level. I'm playing through co-op with fellow PS+ noob @Razzle as and when we're both available but we're only a few missions in so far. Totally understand if you manage to get a group together before, but we'd both be up for it if we make it before you get bored of waiting!

As an aside, is there room for noobs in the rllmuk clan(s)? If somebody could let me know the best one to join that would be hugely appreciated.

Cool. I'm happy to wait until we get a group together. I'm definitely at the right power level to try it now, having bit the bullet and paid for Forsaken, but I'm not in a massive hurry.

44 minutes ago, spanx said:

Cool. I'm happy to wait until we get a group together. I'm definitely at the right power level to try it now, having bit the bullet and paid for Forsaken, but I'm not in a massive hurry.

Okay, great. I'm planning on buying Forsaken (and the previous expansions) if I continue enjoying it as much as I am so far but going to stick with the base game for now. I'll keep you posted.

Did the Blind Well event for the first time earlier and got the Seed of Light in the second round of Tier 1. I've heard people getting frustrated by that drop, so I presume I was just extremely lucky? 

Was the Telesto bug not fixed already? Saw a few people using it and the kill completion seemed to be going up pretty quickly. 

18 hours ago, Gorf King said:

Nightfalls are tier 2, and their powerful engrams stay at +5-ish until you get to 540.

What's annoying is that the nightfall recommends 540, and it won't let you do the matchmaking to find a fire team unless you're 540.  So I've not been going near it.

The bounties seem like a step backwards with how you have to pick them up.  I wish they'd just a bulletin board where you could pick up the bounties across the system that you wanted.

They have matchmaking in Nightfalls now? Haven't heard of that. But I haven't done a Nightfall as a 540+ character yet.

Shoot out a clan request anyway to get a premade together. There's always at least one NF that's easy enough at much lower levels than 540 as long as you go for the right singe + Heavyweight. Certainly at 520 or above the ones we've done have been no bother at all as long as you don't play 100% daft. (80% is fine.)

There's no way to Clan Request in game is there? We have to use the app/here to co-ordinate?

Looking forward to tonight - but really hope there's not a stupidly large/long update!

Hmm. Petra doesn't seem to be offering her triple weekly stuff. Wonder if the tier III activity rewards are elsewhere, or nowhere at all?

Edit: Scratch that - hers hadn't appeared when everyone else's did. They're there now.

Double bug (or double misunderstanding on my part) — weekly clan contribution maxed but the vendor was adamant I only had 75%, and none of the weekly engrams from everyone else’s hard work. 

Edit: my bad. The weeklies I don’t get because I switched clans. Just the tracking for the weekly contribution that was off — but that might be related, I guess. 

“Ooh I’ll hop on destiny for an hour and do a couple of strikes”

”Copying update file....”

kills self

• Empathy 1

30 minutes ago, spanx said:

“Ooh I’ll hop on destiny for an hour and do a couple of strikes”

”Copying update file....”

kills self

I swear every copying action on PS4 has got exponentially longer in the past couple of months, too. 

Bugger, I never did the Petra mission that unlocked after the raid. Now it's gone. Do you think it'll cycle back around or have I missed out because it was special timed content? :( 

It'll probably be part of three-part cycle Bungie described before release, same as the stuff that's changed this reset. Probably.