rllmuk
Gorf King

Destiny 2 Shadowkeep: the Undying Grind

Furious with Bungie and their massive cutscene spoilers right? Did the world’s first completion open up that adventure mission with the courier or was that something I did?

Spent a good few hours figuring out the 1st encounter yesterday. Underpowered as hell, but by those timings, think we could’ve got it done in about 24 hours too.

I only saw the ( sketch ) cutscene when you load in, the one about the boss from the raid, etc. 

And that hat was from the world first; is there another, more spoilery cutscene in the actual mission?

Really the ace is best on crucible, in terms of meta. Fun to use in any game mode but when taking the sleeper slot on gambit it is very very far from the meta. Don't get trolled by pinhole. If you don't like crucible you would not use it very much pass the first day or so. @Thor

18 minutes ago, spanx said:

So are there still any people wanting to team up and do the Leviathan raid? I've never tried one and I think my power level's adequate to try now.

I never completed it but have played it - and up for trying again. PS4

From what I’ve used of Ace of Spades so far I think I prefer Sunshot and Crimson. Then again, I’ve got the catalyst for both of those so that probably sways things a bit. 

9 minutes ago, Mafro said:

From what I’ve used of Ace of Spades so far I think I prefer Sunshot and Crimson. Then again, I’ve got the catalyst for both of those so that probably sways things a bit. 

Not for crucible though right? It keeps radar up! Lower time to kill. Can two tap. Has firefly. It is mad! 

1 hour ago, Oz said:

Really the ace is best on crucible, in terms of meta. Fun to use in any game mode but when taking the sleeper slot on gambit it is very very far from the meta. Don't get trolled by pinhole. If you don't like crucible you would not use it very much pass the first day or so. @Thor

It’s awesome in Crucible but if you’re not one of those assholes who’s relying on the crutch of Sleeper to invade then I think Ace of Spades is perfect for the exotic slot in Gambit too as you’re facing so many densely packed groups of enemies all the time. The perk set is made for it & you get showers of motes all over the shop. It’s like Sunshot but with a bigger magazine, higher damage & faster reloads. Depends on your playstyle but if you can reliably hit those headshots I’ve found it to be an absolute beast & it really helps at the crucial first stage of a match when you’re trying to quickly grab as many motes as possible & send blockers across to the other side. Crimson’s very good too but I’ve used it so much that it’s nice to change it up a bit.

@Thor :P Which part of the quest are you at currently? I’m a bang average player in competitive modes but maybe I can give some tips as to how I managed it with my limited skills.

Just to humblebrag a bit more, I also got the Chaperone yesterday. Fun to run in strikes if you want to piss about for a bit but its skill ceiling is way too high for me to use reliably in the Crucible.

Hit 540 & had a quick pop at the raid but I think I’m gonna leave it till I’m closer to 550 (hopefully next weekend) because even the first encounter is a recommended power of 560 & I don’t fancy spending 5 or 6 hours trying to eke out an unlikely victory. Do we have a PS4 raid team in here? Would be nice to play Destiny with some rllmukers for once.

I want ace of spades, but a) I have an outlaw Better Devils and the warlock exotic that does explosions on precision kills, and b) I will be lucky to get 25 hand cannon headshots in crucible before the heat death of the universe. 

Yeah. I've gotten 3 of the 5 hand cannon invasion kills so far, so I imagine I'll get it at some point. But not in any rush. In the meantime, my Better Devils with Outlaw and Kill Clip will have to suffice.

56 minutes ago, Nate Dogg III said:

I want ace of spades, but a) I have an outlaw Better Devils and the warlock exotic that does explosions on precision kills, and b) I will be lucky to get 25 hand cannon headshots in crucible before the heat death of the universe. 

That's chromatic fire. What's better than an explosion on a precision kill? Two explosions on a precision kill!! 

I never use hand cannons and the crucible kills were a right chore with me averaging two per match but it was bloody worth it :D

4 hours ago, spanx said:

So are there still any people wanting to team up and do the Leviathan raid? I've never tried one and I think my power level's adequate to try now.

I’ll probably be up for it — never done a raid, although I have seen some of the encounters so wouldn’t be completely blind (but could keep that to myself).