Gorf King

Destiny 2 - Sekiro's out on Friday

That Cayde teaser trailer was OK, but it does bring back unpleasant memories of those woeful live-action trailers for the Taken King. It'll be interesting to see what tone they go for in D2; the original release of D1 was so thin in terms of character, but they built up the relationship between Zavala, Cayde and Eris Morn quite nicely in the expansions. Up until Rise of Iron anyway, when they ditched all the interesting characters in favour of that 'you make one hell of a wrench' guy and the inappropriately sexy Iron Banner woman.

Hopefully, they won't rely on Nathan Fillion too much. 

4 minutes ago, K said:

That Cayde teaser trailer was OK, but it does bring back unpleasant memories of those woeful live-action trailers for the Taken King. It'll be interesting to see what tone they go for in D2; the original release of D1 was so thin in terms of character.

Nipping this in the bud.

giphy.gif

t30005mfront.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Leaked news on reddit.

Destiny 2 story

First up is a synopsis of Destiny 2’s narrative, which is described as an ‘epic adventure through the Solar System’ and differs from the Cabal-themed attack that we’ve previously reported on. 

“From the creators of Destiny, a highly acclaimed game, the extremely anticipated sequel is coming up. A first person action shooter that places you in an epic adventure through the Solar System.

The last city on Earth has fallen before an overwhelming invasive force under Ghaul, the towering commander of the Red Legion. Guardians are running out of power, and the few survivors have left. You will venture in mysterious, uncharted worlds from the Solar System to discover devastating weapons and combat abilities. In order to defeat the Red Legion and face Ghaul, you will need to gather the surviving heroes from the City and fight back together to claim back home.”

Those of you who fancy splashing out on Bungie’s next shared-world shooter will be pleased to learn there’s a Collector’s and Limited Edition available. See below for full details.

Destiny 2 Collector's edition includes

Destiny 2 game
Expansions I and II including quests, coop activities, multiplayer content and tons of armor and gear (idk the pricing but seems it's basically the same as Destiny 1)
Legendary sword DLC
Legendary emote DLC
Cabal empire emblem DLC
"Frontier" physical bag you can carry around with a 15" tablet pocket
"Frontier" kit including USBcharger with solar panel
A paracord
A solar rug
Limited edition steelbook
Collector's edition cabal themed premium box, including a notebook, a map, and collectibles such as postcards and "pawns from the Empire" (idk what this actually means)

Destiny 2 Limited edition includes

Destiny 2 base game
Expansions I and II
The previously explained DLC
The steelbook
The premium box and all the stuff inside 

Also it is coming to PC

Destiny2PC.thumb.jpg.9e3ba767b26a53c02b1e20ba752553d0.jpg

Source

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/62d67f/destiny_2_massive_leak_collectors_edition_content/

http://www.gamesradar.com/potential-destiny-2-leak-may-reveal-story-dlc-collectors-edition-and-more/

6 hours ago, gospvg said:

A paracord
A solar rug

Edit:

Yyyyyyup!

91t+7EOuv-L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

• Upvote 4

So the Destiny 2 special edition comes with a bit of a string and a rug. I see no reason to doubt this vague scoop. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Lo mods/committee - if you're going to alter/update the title, that's cool. Helpful, in fact. But could you not put NEWS LEAK in it to refer to what's nothing more than a (badly-worded, in English translation at least) rumour. Let's keep it real, yo? Cos it just looks like undigested clickbait. Cheers.

• Upvote 2

Imagine the prestige of having that Destiny 2 themed rug in your front room. The ideal companion piece for your Dead Island com-mamm-orative sexy dismembered female torso statuette, and the ideal item of furniture for wrapping up and disposing of a body after the murder of a woman that all owners of the Dead Island artisanal ladybody murderpreciation heirloom will inevitably and frequently commit.

• Upvote 6

I don't know what a paracord is, but I assume your typical Dead Island de-limbed dead bikini-model statuess owner can use it to restrain one of their involuntary houseguests.

• Upvote 1

Ads are now appearing on US Gamestop website which confirm the 8th September release date. Middle Earth Shadow of War is going to have to wait now then.

As someone who managed to totally avoid Destiny because it sounded like a dull grindfest with little to no story, I'm keen to see what they do with this.

I'm hoping they manage to solve a lot of the problems of the first with this.

2 minutes ago, HarryBizzle said:

As someone who managed to totally avoid Destiny because it sounded like a dull grindfest with little to no story, I'm keen to see what they do with this.

I'm hoping they manage to solve a lot of the problems with the first with this.

In single player yes I would agree but with friends it's easily the best game I've played on the PS4 online.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, gospvg said:

In single player yes I would agree but with friends it's easily the best game I've played on the PS4 online.

The problem is I'm a proper Barry No-Mates online which is why I avoided jumping on with TTK. I'm hoping if I get on this Day 1 then I can play with some of you lot. 

• Upvote 1

Any chance they'll put space combat/flight in this?

It always seemed as though the dogfight in Reach was a dry-run for Destiny, much like ODST trialled the open environment with enemy patrols, but then the ships became nothing more than loading screen decoration.

4 minutes ago, HarryBizzle said:

The problem is I'm a proper Barry No-Mates online which is why I avoided jumping on with TTK. I'm hoping if I get on this Day 1 then I can play with some of you lot. 

I rarely play with anyone from rllmuk except maybe on Raids but there is a great Destiny community on rllmuk & I am sure they will take you under their wing.

2 minutes ago, Pob said:

It always seemed as though the dogfight in Reach was a dry-run for Destiny, much like ODST trialled the open environment with enemy patrols, but then the ships became nothing more than loading screen decoration.

I hope so, would love it if they introduced space combat & also big war type levels full on 20+ guardians against the enemy.

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, Pob said:

As far as I know, that had been their plan, but they decided to focus on the FPS side of things. I think space combat will definitely appear in the Destiny games, but it may not be in Destiny 2. A shame, as I really enjoyed their efforts in Halo: Reach.

1 hour ago, Harsin said:

I would like a space disco at the tower where you can use all your dance emotes to try and pick up Eris Morn.

It would never be as good as Yakuza 0.

1 hour ago, Harsin said:

Prediction: 3 days in Mr Ben will be running around in a full set of legendary armour, with the brand new Gjallarbreaker rocket launcher with infinite ammo and found a blueprint for Millenium Falcon in a chest, even though it wasn't even coded into the game, and will be on here complaining about how bad the RNG has been to him.

The irony of Uncle Mike pos'ing this post is not lost on myself, or anyone else in our raid team.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, gospvg said:

Destiny 2 Collector's edition includes

Destiny 2 game
Expansions I and II including quests, coop activities, multiplayer content and tons of armor and gear (idk the pricing but seems it's basically the same as Destiny 1)
Legendary sword DLC
Legendary emote DLC
Cabal empire emblem DLC
A paracord
A solar rug
Limited edition steelbook
Collector's edition cabal themed premium box, including a notebook, a map, and collectibles such as postcards and "pawns from the Empire" (idk what this actually means)

I am totally buying that, because I am an asshole, and very stupid.

• Upvote 2