Destiny 2: Season of the Seraph. More Rasputin, new Dungeon.

Uncle Mike

7 minutes ago, K said:

It was genuinely lovely. Makes me wonder how far they planned it in advance. 

Hide contents

How did they know to store the names of the people you did each both with?

Spoiler

Every mission you've ever done is stored, including who you did it with and how many kills each person got etc. You can scroll through your history on Bungie.net and see all this, but it was just an added touch of Destiny magic seeing it presented this way.

1 hour ago, Clipper said:

oh god the weapon colours make a difference? I missed that

I was flipping between th two with triangle as I ran out of ammo. I saw green and white glowy things on floor that gav eme ammo (white was energy and green kinetic?)

I might need an idiot's guide :D

The shooting felt fantastic though - very impressive FPS engine.

White is kinetic green is energy purple is power. If you match shield of monster with right colour energy ammo the shield explores and damages those around it

2 minutes ago, berties paw said:
  Hide contents

Every mission you've ever done is stored, including who you did it with and how many kills each person got etc. You can scroll through your history on Bungie.net and see all this, but it was just an added touch of Destiny magic seeing it presented this way.

Oh bollocks, what did I miss, I played this on my UK account and original destiny on my US account.  

4 minutes ago, Syntax said:

Oh bollocks, what did I miss, I played this on my UK account and original destiny on my US account.  

Spoiler

The opening of the game shows you a nice slideshow documenting your in-game achievements, it has a screen for each expansion and associated end game mode, so for the initial Destiny 1 game, it shows you when you completed the Black Garden mission then shows your first completion of the Vault of Glass raid including all the names of your fireteam. Same for each DLC pack/raid etc. I'm not really doing it justice, it's worth tracking down and seeing for yourself.

Played one of the first 'Adventures' during a 30 min lunch break ¬_¬

Excellent Tussle with a Captain. They've totally amped up the Halo encounter thing , the "You vs. a troublesome Elite". That's totally the hook I'm looking for and it feels more Halo than the actual recent Halo games. 

21 minutes ago, Oz said:

White is kinetic green is energy purple is power. If you match shield of monster with right colour energy ammo the shield explores and damages those around it

thanks I only had two guns one seemd to use green and the other white - i saw purple glowy things but don't think I had a gun to use them.

3 minutes ago, Clipper said:

thanks I only had two guns one seemd to use green and the other white - i saw purple glowy things but don't think I had a gun to use them.

You will get a power weapon later either a shotgun, fusion rifle, sniper rifle, or heavy. They also have an element. Ammo for them drops from every enemy above a basic grunt.

30 minutes ago, berties paw said:
  Hide contents

The opening of the game shows you a nice slideshow documenting your in-game achievements, it has a screen for each expansion and associated end game mode, so for the initial Destiny 1 game, it shows you when you completed the Black Garden mission then shows your first completion of the Vault of Glass raid including all the names of your fireteam. Same for each DLC pack/raid etc. I'm not really doing it justice, it's worth tracking down and seeing for yourself.

Need to play again on my us account 

3 hours ago, MDY said:

http://www.virginmedia.com/entertainment/news/2017/07/level_up_to_virginfibreforyourexclusivesparrowindestiny2.html

So.. the actual 'redeem' page is up today..

https://keepup.virginmedia.com/redeem-sparrow

..but it won't recognise my account number (which I'm copying direct from the details in my account login on the same site!)

..And the support email address for the promo doesn't appear to be valid either..

They've been advertising this on the site (and elsewhere) for weeks.. Useless!

Me too.

What if they run out?

40 minutes ago, Kevvy Metal said:

Played one of the first 'Adventures' during a 30 min lunch break ¬_¬

Excellent Tussle with a Captain. They've totally amped up the Halo encounter thing , the "You vs. a troublesome Elite". That's totally the hook I'm looking for and it feels more Halo than the actual recent Halo games. 

Totally this

Hello,

We’re really sorry about this. We had some last-minute technical hiccups, but they’re all sorted now.

Please try and redeem your Sparrow code again. To do this, use your unique customer account ID.

How do I find my Virgin Media unique customer account ID?

Your unique customer account ID is your Area Reference followed by your Account Number (no spaces). These numbers can be found at the top of your paper bill, or on your eBill email notification. If your Area Reference starts with a 0, please remove this from your unique customer account ID.

How to redeem your code on Bungie.net:

1.         Sign-in to Bungie.net – Create or sign into a Bungie.net account using PlayStation 4 or Xbox Live credentials

2.         Redeem the Sparrow code - Enter the Sparrow Code provided by Virgin Media on Bungie.net/redeem

3.         Retrieve the Destiny 2 Sparrow Download Code - visit your redeemed codes page on Bungie.net and select your console of choice

4.         Redeem the Destiny 2 Sparrow Download Code - Log into Destiny 2 and the sparrow will be with your postmaster

If you still can’t claim your Sparrow, let us know.

Kind regards,

The Virgin Media team

11 minutes ago, p1nseeker said:

Where do i get my ice blaster pre-order gun thing?

I thought it would be the equivalent of the special orders guy in the tower but I can't find such a person. And the PostBot doesn't have anything for me

I am in the same boat. I expect it to be locked behind a light level requirement.

39 minutes ago, Jerec said:

Virgin Media Team

Where was that from/How do you let them know?

If it's via the support email - did that hours ago - still no response.. <_<

(On the site.. still saying my account already claimed..)

Judging by the VM forum, MANY people who have been lucky enough to be emailed codes are then going to the Bungie claim page and getting told their codes have already been used..

Complete farce!

12 minutes ago, Duckula said:

Is this worth playing if I'm not going to sink a million hours into online i.e. is there a Halo like SP experience.

Definitely much more of a cohesive single-player story this time but as everyone else will say, if you're just getting it for that then you're experiencing a fraction of what the game will ultimately offer.

• Uncle Mike changed the title to Destiny 2: Season of the Seraph. More Rasputin, new Dungeon.