Destiny 2: Season of the Seraph. More Rasputin, new Dungeon.

Uncle Mike

1 minute ago, Captain LeChuck said:

My only real question is if you can import your base character model as is? 

I don't think you can do anything other than that. If you don't like the way they look, I guess you'll just have to delete them and start again. Nothing to lose, obvs.

5 minutes ago, Captain LeChuck said:

My only real question is if you can import your base character model as is? 

Yup, you can only see the character creation screen if you delete an existing character, existing ones get imported as is.

3 minutes ago, Gorf King said:

I don't think you can do anything other than that. If you don't like the way they look, I guess you'll just have to delete them and start again. Nothing to lose, obvs.

Think i'm gonna delete and make a new one, always regretted my decisions on the character i made in 30 seconds as I just wanted to get on with the game lol

Launch hype always gets me

I used to play alot of Q3 back in the day but now I am a casual fps player, I play a little bit of overwatch for instance. i did get destiny and played a bit of the single player stuff etc but didn't quite "get it". It seems to have matured alot with expansions etc and I do like fps engine they use (I like Halo too). However i have read a few destiny threads and they make no sense to me, almost talking a different language!

So is there mileage in me buying in to Destiny 2. Is there value for a casual fps player or is it all about raids and high end stuff?

1 minute ago, Gorf King said:

Both, really. But each part is a lesser game without the other. (And obviously you can't play the endgame without the lower-level grind anyway.)

If you're not into replaying stuff and getting sweet loot, it's probably not for you. But if you are, give it a go.

replaying isnt a problem as I like "game loops" and I grew up with arcade style games where it was just replaying stuff so you get a sense of enjjoyment from the familiarity.

However I am very casual so I wouldn't get near the high end stuff due to lack of time to invest. 1 hr bursts of play are my style every so often.

I like the diablo gameplay loop - I played that casually and got nowhere near the end game.

I did do similar with WoW , but again nowhere near endgame.

IF this is like that but FPS and is more solid than launch Destiny was then sounds good - I won't be forking out for the extra content though as I am unlikely to need it :)

2 minutes ago, Gorf King said:

Rllmuk, where disagreeing with someone's opinion means you're either passive-aggressive or have burst a blood vessel.

Enjoy the game, whatever you think it is. Servers *are* live, btw. Wherever you are. You just need that unlocked copy of the game...

21366858_687024278161324_5737591503054094513_o.thumb.jpg.845b3e1041839b06c8fed301af4d1c78.jpg

Rllmuk, where sense of humour goes to die. ;)

2 minutes ago, Gorf King said:

Oh my word. D1 vets will love the opening of this.

Gorf! is it running at 30fps? does it support HDR? does it have frame-pacing issues? what latency are you getting? give us the technical details!

The only thing that stops anyone playing is the unlock on the digital copy - you can play anywhere on a disc-installed copy, and it's fine, totally legit. I guess the unlock time depends on the online store you got the game from. Maybe you can do something to alter that on Xbox. Dunno. 

• Uncle Mike changed the title to Destiny 2: Season of the Seraph. More Rasputin, new Dungeon.