Destiny 2: Season of the Seraph. More Rasputin, new Dungeon.

Uncle Mike

Top obvious tips for those not at work (or who can leave super early) and who, like me, haven't bothered to do any of this yet

• Get whatever weapons you want to use on your main before maintenance, because DIM et al are highly unlikely to be working for at least an hour or two, and manually swapping between characters via the vault is a pita
  • A few hours spare? Get some planetary mats farmed, because obvs they're needed for infusion now, and the cost will pile up, and no-one wants to spend the early game when there's loads of new content farming mats. Feels like D1 man
  • If you're super anal, now's your last chance to change the element of those weapons that still take elemental mods

And after 6pm

• Don't bother infusing anything until you really, really need to. Just roll with the shitty blues while you're levelling, until you really need that god roll you've been keeping, then go for it in one mighty leap
  • Never go into Gambit with a guy called Jeff on your team

Bonne chance.

Wait, I have shitloads of tokens from playing the campaign that I haven't cashed in yet. I've also not bought hardly any of the faction gear. Should I go and spend all my tokens on Engrams before the update? How am I going to get engrams after the update aside from drops then? Aren't there going to be regional rewards any more?

22 minutes ago, Alan Stock said:

Wait, I have shitloads of tokens from playing the campaign that I haven't cashed in yet. I've also not bought hardly any of the faction gear. Should I go and spend all my tokens on Engrams before the update? How am I going to get engrams after the update aside from drops then? Aren't there going to be regional rewards any more?

Makes no odds. You can cash them in for rep after the update. For players who have bought the expansion, it's probably best to do so as I'd imagine the vendor rewards for rep will scale. For those who're not getting the expansion it makes no real difference either way. I guess.

firstly, if I may, dude, let me say this, I have long thought this, and people out there may not like it, but I feel it has to be said, so stick around guys, because, as a long time self proclaimed lore master, I would like to note, on a purely subjective level, and with much gravitas, I would say this, byf is a bit of a nob. 

We don't mention ShrillUp in this thread any more. On the other side of the YouTube worth coin, Kraftyy's been spotted playing D2 on his channel again. So it's not all bad. Just most of it.

In what is the definitive signal for the Destiny hype train to pull out of the station, DIM has just gone AWOL. The flare has gone up; the klaxon blares. A new dawn awaits. Along with a new mod system.

You may now become mildly expectant and shuffle one inch forward in your seats. But please, no more than that. We don't want to be all YouTube about this, do we?

I've watched a fair bit of Kraftyy the last few nights. It's quite funny because while the mind is clearly willing, the body has forgotten what he's supposed to be doing. Last night he said something like 'god, I don't know what's wrong with me. Oh wait – that's right, I mained a thirdperson BR game about building for 11 fucking months.' Love that guy so much, and delighted to see him back.

11 minutes ago, Philly said:

firstly, if I may, dude, let me say this, I have long thought this, and people out there may not like it, but I feel it has to be said, so stick around guys, because, as a long time self proclaimed lore master, I would like to note, on a purely subjective level, and with much gravitas, I would say this, byf is a bit of a nob. 

8 minutes ago, Nate Dogg III said:

It's like VaatiVidya and SkillUp had a baby somehow and he was inexplicably English and ginger and sounded like his folks but also TotalBiscuit, somehow, a bit? Fucking YouTube.

4 minutes ago, Scruff said:

It certainly takes a special someone to put on the most plummy English accent they can achieve, to appear to be an intellectual and then butcher the pronunciation of so many words. 

3 minutes ago, Mafro said:

Allow me to overenunciate every second word I speak as I record myself reading from the grimoire.

Oh thank fuck for that. I've never heard of him and lasted 4 minutes before I was trying to tear my ears off.

I thought it was perhaps another sign that I was getting old and out of touch. Also, if the "story" is official lore then I can honestly say it sucks. I've never heard such utter drivel. 

31 minutes ago, Nate Dogg III said:

I've watched a fair bit of Kraftyy the last few nights. It's quite funny because while the mind is clearly willing, the body has forgotten what he's supposed to be doing. Last night he said something like 'god, I don't know what's wrong with me. Oh wait – that's right, I mained a thirdperson BR game about building for 11 fucking months.' Love that guy so much, and delighted to see him back.

Yeah, I saw him on the other night and obvs he wasn't the same - but then, he wasn't the same as he used to be in D1 when he first started playing D2, cos D2 just didn't let you play like that anyway. Hopefully they'll gradually get it back to where you (you, or them, or him, but certainly not me) can pull off shit like this:

Apols for the lousy upload quality. And apols from Bungie for taking frickin Blink and Blade off Hunters. :quote: I dunno, when Kraftyy mains Warlock you just know something's seriously wrong.

• Uncle Mike changed the title to Destiny 2: Season of the Seraph. More Rasputin, new Dungeon.