Jump to content

Destiny 2: Season of the Seraph. More Rasputin, new Dungeon.


Uncle Mike
 Share

Recommended Posts

39 minutes ago, spanx said:

What’s the outlay to get the Forsaken thingy if I’ve just got the freebie psplus base game. Getting confused about what DLC I need, etc

 

i like this more than I expect extend. 

 

You'll need both of the DLC to date before getting Forsaken (I know as I'm in the same boat).

 

Both are currently about on sale for about £8 each or £15.79 for both. I know both DLC got a bit of a lukewarm reception (Curse of Osiris especially) but for that price they hopefully are more palatable. 

 

Then I think it's £34.99 for Forsaken after that. 

 

I live abroad so am just going on PSN prices, so there might be a physical edition that is cheaper and contains everything which I don't know about. 

 

Basically you're looking at £50 for everything (bar stuff coming later which needs the newly announced Annual Pass). 

 

Not a bad deal considering I paid £50 for the base game itself. And others paid something like £80 for the game and two DLC. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, spanx said:

What’s the outlay to get the Forsaken thingy if I’ve just got the freebie psplus base game. Getting confused about what DLC I need, etc

 

i like this more than I expect extend. 

 

You need expansion I and II (yours currently for the bargain price of £15.29)

 

And then Forsaken is £34.99 or £59.99 with the Year 2 season pass

 

So at least 50 notes to catch up.

 

Anyway I'm back in and busily playing through the Warmind stuff to be ready for next week.  Its actually rather good  I wasn't entirely convinced I'd go back down the rabbit hole, particularly given Spider-man arrives next Friday but then with the PS+ freebie and then noticing that CEX will give me £40 for my senseless physical tat edition game which will nicely cover the cost of Forsaken, why the hell not.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Life size Whisper of the Worm at Pax West:

Dl8vJT8UUAIG4pg.jpg:large

 

Edit: Seems exotics have a good chance to drop from the daily heroic on the flashpoint planet. You'll have to grab the heroic adventure from Ana Bray herself, and then it will be available to play, showing on the planet map that it is a "challenge" with legendary rewards. Some people are reporting getting EP weapons (that they've previously obtained), which seems to indicate that its behaving like the flashpoint rewards (usually from Cayde).

 

Useful for getting exotic armour with the new perks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Did Nessus last night, what a gorgeous world that is, really gave me Halo vibes. Teamed up with someone for the story missions and it was much more fun. Also took part in a few public heroic events which were rock hard but a lot of fun, especially once Pikes were involved.

 

How come Forsaken is so expensive then? Is it a whole new campaign/set of raids?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Alan Stock said:

Did Nessus last night, what a gorgeous world that is, really gave me Halo vibes. Teamed up with someone for the story missions and it was much more fun. Also took part in a few public heroic events which were rock hard but a lot of fun, especially once Pikes were involved.

 

How come Forsaken is so expensive then? Is it a whole new campaign/set of raids?

 

I'm not sure why it is on console. On PC, you can buy Forsaken with D2 and both bits of DLC as a package for £35. It's pretty shitty that there isn't a console version of that offer.

 

Forsaken is essentially, a full on D2 sized game, not DLC which is why it's full price.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Gambit's not bad! As someone who enjoys PvE it's a nice way of letting me zap aliens whilst also helping out the team in the process. I just finished my first game with some randoms and we took it 2-1. It's pretty nerve-wracking not knowing how much energy the others are holding and seeing the opponent's score increase so rapidly! The only other thing that took a second was knowing where to deposit motes, but then I noticed the huge ominous energy cloud thing directly above where I'm supposed to go. :P 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Aye, had some good games with Ben, Scruff, and Hobo earlier, we won some matches nicely. The invade mechanic is an interesting one. If you're holding a lot of motes and someone invades while a blocker is up, it's proper squeaky bum time. :lol:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Campaign done, kinda average although there were some standouts. Way too easy until the last mission or two. The environments though are amazing. It's doing multiplayer stuff like coop adventures and public quests that are the real fun in this game.

 

I'm level 20 now and wondering what to do next. I won't be getting dlc for now. Should I be doing strikes? I also want to do all the Adventures I missed, but will that just be for fun or can I actually get decent rewards from them?

 

If any mukkers want to join me for some strikes my name is Jigsawn in the ps4 clan. But I know you're all playing Gambit, I'm probably way too underpowered for that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, Alan Stock said:

Campaign done, kinda average although there were some standouts. Way too easy until the last mission or two. The environments though are amazing. It's doing multiplayer stuff like coop adventures and public quests that are the real fun in this game.

 

I'm level 20 now and wondering what to do next. I won't be getting dlc for now. Should I be doing strikes? I also want to do all the Adventures I missed, but will that just be for fun or can I actually get decent rewards from them?

 

If any mukkers want to join me for some strikes my name is Jigsawn in the ps4 clan. But I know you're all playing Gambit, I'm probably way too underpowered for that.

Actually Gambit would be a good thing to play now that you're level 20, as you get a load of blues and some legendaries drop at the end that will likely boost you up. Just be aware that there is some pvp involved as well.

 

Adventures can give decent rewards I think, especially the heroic versions (if you can attempt those yet? May be lvl/power locked at present for you). Strikes are a decent way to get gear, especially from Zavala. Just play what you like, it'll all be pretty rewarding.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So kill the other yellow bar enemies that spawn with the primeval first, and you get a damage buff - no wonder the enemy team was melting their primeval a few games we had. Combine it with tractor cannon/tether/melting point and the boss dies super fast.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Uncle Mike changed the title to Destiny 2: Season of the Seraph. More Rasputin, new Dungeon.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.