Destiny 2: Season of the Seraph. More Rasputin, new Dungeon.

Uncle Mike

23 minutes ago, HarryBizzle said:

As a 232 light loser without any expansions what’s the quickest way for me to level up?

Just play the video game. Blue gear will be sufficient for levelling at 232 for the moment, which can be acquired from whatever activity you fancy. Especially since powerful gear milestones don't really exist this week, outside of Mars public events.

22 minutes ago, Lyrical Donut said:

Just play the video game. Blue gear will be sufficient for levelling at 232 for the moment, which can be acquired from whatever activity you fancy. Especially since powerful gear milestones don't really exist this week, outside of Mars public events.

Did a load of public events and got bugger all besides some datalattices. <_<

24 minutes ago, Mr Ben said:

Just saw this on reddit:

Confirms what a few of us noticed last night. They made it slightly darker, but some planets have more contrast/saturation; namely Mars is now too orange in some places, and looks cartoon-ish.

It looks like crap now, it’s like Bungo just heard about HDR but did the photoshop sliders version of it :facepalm:

9 minutes ago, Shimmyhill said:

It looks like crap now, it’s like Bungo just heard about HDR but did the photoshop sliders version of it :facepalm:

That's an excellent description actually.

I went back to Destiny 1 again today, did some of the cool single-player missions like Eye of the Gatelord. The game is stunning. The scale of the environments is significantly better than in Destiny 2. Sure, some of the textures and elements of the skyboxes are lower res. But the scale ... that mission when you first land on the Dreadnought, and you look back out to space. It's awe-inspiring. Then you finish the mission outside an absolutely ginormous Cabal ship that crashed into the even more ginormous Dreadnought. Again, awe-inspiring. Destiny 2 has none of that. 

And now it looks like a saturday-morning cartoon.

I'm out. 

seinfeld.gif

31 minutes ago, Thor said:

I went back to Destiny 1 again today, did some of the cool single-player missions like Eye of the Gatelord. The game is stunning. The scale of the environments is significantly better than in Destiny 2. Sure, some of the textures and elements of the skyboxes are lower res. But the scale ... that mission when you first land on the Dreadnought, and you look back out to space. It's awe-inspiring. Then you finish the mission outside an absolutely ginormous Cabal ship that crashed into the even more ginormous Dreadnought. Again, awe-inspiring. Destiny 2 has none of that. 

I'm out. 

seinfeld.gif

See you Saturday for Gambit!

And then Tuesday for Forsaken.

Just remembered that the Vanguard is selling a really good sniper for those who are after one to go into Foraken:

Archimedes Truth, and its just there to buy once you've ranked up with the Vanguard enough (think its rank 30):

bxOnZAw.jpg

Now you may be wondering "why this sniper? It doesnt look like anything special" - Well you want it because it has Triple Tap, which no longer pulls ammo from reserves, but from out of thin air, and because it has 7 in the mag, the highest amount you can get on a sniper that isnt an exotic. You can only find Triple Tap on the Ikelos Sniper and Alone as a God at present, and the former is locked to Solar, while the latter is a primary only weapon.

Get this before it vanishes is my top tip. If you like Sniper Rifles, of course.

16 minutes ago, Mr Ben said:

Just remembered that the Vanguard is selling a really good sniper for those who are after one to go into Foraken:

Archimedes Truth, and its just there to buy once you've ranked up with the Vanguard enough (think its rank 30):

bxOnZAw.jpg

Now you may be wondering "why this sniper? It doesnt look like anything special" - Well you want it because it has Triple Tap, which no longer pulls ammo from reserves, but from out of thin air, and because it has 7 in the mag, the highest amount you can get on a sniper that isnt an exotic. You can only find Triple Tap on the Ikelos Sniper and Alone as a God at present, and the former is locked to Solar, while the latter is a primary only weapon.

Get this before it vanishes is my top tip. If you like Sniper Rifles, of course.

Wont it be useless in Forsaken as it can’t take mods?

That left most T-shirt is a must buy!

And the sniper isnt a keeper as much as its a good weapon going into Forsaken with; It'll likely be replaced, but only by a sniper with better perks, and that may be a while, depending on luck.

2 hours ago, Mr Ben said:

And the sniper isnt a keeper as much as its a good weapon going into Forsaken with; It'll likely be replaced, but only by a sniper with better perks, and that may be a while, depending on luck.

So you'll be sharding that shit at roughly 18:05 4/9/2018.

Yep.

I just sat and listened to the orbit music, which has been updated along with everything else, and both the Vestian Outpost theme is there and the Taken King orbit theme too.

Also, here's a list of Y1 weapons that will be having the random roll treatment:

looking through that list of Y1 I realised that the reason why I like the weapons I do like IS their rollls. I think I am more likely to find a new weapon I like than a rerol of say play of the game that does not have proximity detonation or better devils without the explosion damage. antiope could be an interesting one because it did not really depend on the kill clip to be good. 

That's the thing with this.

I see the issue with the fixed-roll system (once I've got the "best" guns in each type - your Better Devils, Origin Story, Nameless Midnight, Positive Outlook - what's left for me to grind for?) but I'm not 100% sure putting everything back so 60% of the time I get a new gun it's sharded is much better. It just becomes a way to separate the high-hours players from the rest. On the other hand, without the commited players grinding stuff out for the best rolls, all the playlists and worlds feel empty because no-one's online.

They did a good job in D2, I think, of making guns that had a variety of good-to-great rolls. But they completely failed to make good reasons to keep grinding stuff out (the infamous "we want your 10th Better Devils to be exciting" albatross.) I'm not 100% random rolls is the best answer, but it's obviously an answer.

I wonder why they don't look across more at Diablo, where a Legendary has a core perk that's always on that gun, and then randomised for severity and other perks. Maybe Nameless Midnight could always have explosive rounds, but this one has better sights or a larger mag, or whatever. That would seem a way to still provide "god" rolls, but with a little less feeling that most of my drops are worthless.

The game needs random rolls, I’ve got a huge number of guns in my vault and 95% of them have never been fired because there is a meta and the aim is to get those select few guns and once you have every other gun is just pointless - in a game where you need reasons to grind (esp in D2 with its lack of content) it’s an easy win and you get get galatrumpet moments over and over as you hone in on that perfect roll.

Bungo sure are weird, in desperation to make it Destiny 1 again they seem incapable of simple QOL fixes - who signed off on the stupidest system ever know to man to shard shaders!?

2 hours ago, Scruff said:

Who is going to set a book up for how long it takes Chuckster to be balls deep in Forsaken?

*edit* I see Gambit is going to be 6PM-6PM. 

Fucking typical Bungie. How to make a good thing shitty :( 

The change in reset time really was is crap for Europeans.

9 minutes ago, Shimmyhill said:

The game needs random rolls, I’ve got a huge number of guns in my vault and 95% of them have never been fired

I don't see how random rolls fixes that problem. If anything, it makes it worse. Now you have hundreds of guns with 10s of rolls each, and most of them don't even get vaulted.

The need to use whichever gun/roll reddit has calculated tops the meta is overstated.

12 hours ago, Thor said:

I'm out. 

seinfeld.gif

That is quite the turnaround, nighteyes

11 minutes ago, Uncle Mike said:

I don't see how random rolls fixes that problem. If anything, it makes it worse. Now you have hundreds of guns with 10s of rolls each, and most of them don't even get vaulted.

The need to use whichever gun/roll reddit has calculated tops the meta is overstated.

Fixed rolls gives far too many duplicate guns, there are dozens of autos but only one will be worth using but giving variation of rolls will give overlooked guns the opportunity to be your fave as the roll can define it not the base stats.

I’ve only kept guns because when they are fixed perks so as soon as bungo change the meta I have the perfect gun ready to go meaning the game/meta tells you what to use but in D1 random perks meant that while there was a meta everyone had their own fave rolls on different guns.

You vastly underrated the meta esp in PvP, all other things being equal if you’re not using the meta gun you can’t compete.

Most other things aren't equal though. Or at least they are to a relatively rare degree. Or only matter to the top 5%. I've competed well enough in PvP the last month or so without touching Graviton or Vigilance. And those, as far as being the current meta, have perks way above what most legendary weapons have.

The talk of meta and godrolls is mainly driven by FOMO and people vastly inflating their own abilities. If someone beats you, it must be because of the gun. Or they're cheating.  Or the other people on the team were rubbish.

• Uncle Mike changed the title to Destiny 2: Season of the Seraph. More Rasputin, new Dungeon.