Destiny 2: Season of the Lost. There is a dungeon and a Gjallarhorn. Dungeon and Gjallarhorn not included.

Gorf King

On 15/10/2021 at 01:20, Gorf King said:

Inevitable, I suppose. Although pretty quick compared to some other raid exotic nerfs.

It is extremely op in Crucible.

Shame though, time I actually get around to owning one, D3 will be out.

1 minute ago, Hexx said:

Not sure the point of Legendary Astral Alignment. Much like the Shattered Realm it seems harder for not much more reward.

The reward is the square-root of fuck all! I helped two groups with it last night. :lol:

1 minute ago, Thor said:

The reward is the square-root of fuck all! I helped two groups with it last night. :lol:

Yeah I'm doing it for the Triumph/Title but when looked at the loot it felt very "2 blues and a token"

Umbral engrams are a better way to fish for loot (or even old expunges)

I need to do it at some point for the title, was offered last night but I was feeling antisocial.

In other news: fuck Crucible. Still. Not getting the Lorentz Driver catalyst is a bit sad but cross play has somehow made Crucible even more of a fucking chore. Teleporting dickheads, laser aim to the head, etc etc. Fuck that shit.

It’s a bit of a tragedy. The weapon balance is actually very good at the moment (there will always be outliers), and stasis is nowhere near as bad as it was. At the same time, the teleporting and imbalanced lobbies are a travesty.

Personally, I would favour the return of skill based matchmaking, but I’m aware that there will be many tears that the best players are having a hard time (welcome to the jungle mudderfudders), and we’ll go back to what we have now.

On 20/10/2021 at 14:00, moosegrinder said:

I need to do it at some point for the title, was offered last night but I was feeling antisocial.

In other news: fuck Crucible. Still. Not getting the Lorentz Driver catalyst is a bit sad but cross play has somehow made Crucible even more of a fucking chore. Teleporting dickheads, laser aim to the head, etc etc. Fuck that shit.

I've turned off Crossplay.

A tad longer wait, especially for the matches that aren't Control, but it feels more balanced.

Oh and can someone please add me to a fekkin clan!

Had some good games of solo Trials yesterday, and will try and have a good run on Monday night, once the Flawless players are out. It’s Cauldron, and quite flexible on load out, so saw people playing really effectively with Chaperone, fusions and snipers.

Yeah, I managed flawless today in the freelance queue. I have to say, it took more luck than skill, and one mercy. The reward isn't really worth it because this week the adept weapon is the sword, which is the only weapon in the entire game that accepts the Adept Impact mod, which just happens to be the most useless adept mod you can get. Llllloooooooolllllll.

However, I did get Adept Icarus Grip for going flawless, and that was the last one I needed, now I have all the adept weapon mods. :)

Adept Icarus is the best mod, imo. Icarus plus ~5 range. That is a great combo. Adept Counterbalance is insanely awful: +5 recoil direction and -10 stability. Absolutely crazy.

I also managed solo Flawless last night, ending the final round of the final game with a Fist of Havoc which killed the whole other team in the activating slam. The adept sword was awful, but I also got the Trials Ghost.

Yes! That is the roll I wanted. TBF, it’s hard to get a bad roll on it - but I managed to, twice. Both of mine got the perk which grants class item energy on guarding. I mean, why?

9 hours ago, Thor said:

I got a second adept sword for handing in the 7 win card, and that dropped with Chain reaction, so not all bad in fairness, good if I need a solar sword for anything. 

I got that one from the chest on my solo run, so didnt bother with getting one with the card. Has Tireless Blade (returns ammo on every other powered sword kill) too.

Vorpal would be the best roll I guess, for both pvp and pve? 🤷‍♂️

Is the Forsaken Campaign worth paying £8 to play through?

The Destiny 2 Legendary edition is on sale for like £35 on PSN so am tempted, but I hear the Forsaken is being vaulted and will be free in December. Thinking I might just buy the later DLCs and play them first, then maybe go back to Forsaken in December when it’s free, providing the lore isn’t too important to play in order?

Experience my pain. At max power (1330) I have 5 kinetics, 7 energies, 5 heavies, 5 helmets, 8 arms, 4 chests, 4 legs, and 0 (zero) class items. What the actual f^ck RNG hell is this.

4 hours ago, Wilburo said:

Experience my pain. At max power (1330) I have 5 kinetics, 7 energies, 5 heavies, 5 helmets, 8 arms, 4 chests, 4 legs, and 0 (zero) class items. What the actual f^ck RNG hell is this.

I'm about to enter my second week of trying to get a 1330 kinetic to max out my hunter. My alts are now up to 1328, but I don't have easy +2s like the Exo Challenge unlocked on them.

16 hours ago, Malc said:

Is the Forsaken Campaign worth paying £8 to play through?

The Destiny 2 Legendary edition is on sale for like £35 on PSN so am tempted, but I hear the Forsaken is being vaulted and will be free in December. Thinking I might just buy the later DLCs and play them first, then maybe go back to Forsaken in December when it’s free, providing the lore isn’t too important to play in order?

TBH, the lore and plot and character 'development' kind of is important to do in order, especially because there's stuff happens in Forsaken that determines what's to come, and characters and stories appear in later expansions/seasons that simply couldn't have existed were it not for what happened back then. But tb equally h, a lot of those later things happen in seasonal content rather than the main expansions, and because even with the legendary edition you won't get that temporary seasonal content now, it's a kind of broken set of stories anyway. I mean, you can never get Red War now, regardless of what you buy. You can never get Season of the Hunt (where a certain character makes a sort-of return). Etc.

So I dunno. I'd rather play them though in order, but is it worth £8 to do that? No idea, especially since Forsaken is getting vaulted in February anyway. Fuck knows what the narrative will look like to brand new players then - it's already got more holes in it than the Brexit agreement, and makes almost as little sense.

5 hours ago, Gorf King said:

TBH, the lore and plot and character 'development' kind of is important to do in order, especially because there's stuff happens in Forsaken that determines what's to come, and characters and stories appear in later expansions/seasons that simply couldn't have existed were it not for what happened back then. But tb equally h, a lot of those later things happen in seasonal content rather than the main expansions, and because even with the legendary edition you won't get that temporary seasonal content now, it's a kind of broken set of stories anyway. I mean, you can never get Red War now, regardless of what you buy. You can never get Season of the Hunt (where a certain character makes a sort-of return). Etc.

So I dunno. I'd rather play them though in order, but is it worth £8 to do that? No idea, especially since Forsaken is getting vaulted in February anyway. Fuck knows what the narrative will look like to brand new players then - it's already got more holes in it than the Brexit agreement, and makes almost as little sense.

Thanks for the breakdown Gorf, appreciate it.

It sounds like the campaign/story structure has all gotten a bit disjointed nowadays, so I guess it doesn’t really matter if I play the others first and come back to Forsaken when it’s free in December.

I played the OG Destiny 2 on release, and haven’t touched it again until recently, so there’s this massive hole of story lore between the Red War up to now. I guess I can watch a few lore videos on YouTube to try and fill the gap up to these expansions…