Destiny 2: Season of the Lost. There is a dungeon and a Gjallarhorn. Dungeon and Gjallarhorn not included.

Gorf King

Yeah, thanks for the heads up on the godroll finder app @K but I do wonder if this is the PC mob ruining things for everyone again as I have the most shonky wobbly hand cannons that I can’t shoot without shooting the ceiling with my next shot show up as god rolls but they saying my 30 shot/rampage laser beam Posterity is worthless.

Right, it's been mentioned before but obviously megathread so I'll reiterate what's been said: God Rolls are subjective as fuck. There are SOME that are considered outright God tier but ultimately not that many, and even then it depends on the weapon it's attached too. These God Rolls don't even matter unless you're super competitive or trying to do all the super hard shit. And even then it still might be wrong. So use it as a guide to clear out your bank but I bet if you're doing that you're clearing out/keeping weapons that you NEVER EVER USE. I know this because it's EXACTLY what I do. The only God Roll weapons I've got are either curated or I got super jammy with it and happened to like using it so I masterworked it before I found out.

Yes, it's no substitute for finding stuff that you like and works for you. I have loads of guns that don't appear on any good roll list, but just feel great to use.  I just find that with Destiny there's so much noise and so much information coming at you, it helps to have an app like that to cut through the mass of items. It's also useful for encouraging me to try out perk combinations I wouldn't have bothered with previously.

28 minutes ago, mikeyl said:

Yeah, thanks for the heads up on the godroll finder app @K but I do wonder if this is the PC mob ruining things for everyone again as I have the most shonky wobbly hand cannons that I can’t shoot without shooting the ceiling with my next shot show up as god rolls but they saying my 30 shot/rampage laser beam Posterity is worthless.

I don't think these things have any great value, and can be misleading. In terms of weapons, for one thing, as you say, PC and console are two entirely different beasts. For another, what weapons work depend on your playstyle, preferences, and other factors such as class/subclass. 

For armour the situation is worse, because even if you know exactly what you want in terms of overall stats, you can't judge each piece individually because you need to take all your other pieces into account. So even if I was looking for max recovery overall, I'd not need every piece to have max recovery or some of it'd be wasted. And that's without other factors such as the effects of exotics, or mods, or stuff like a stasis fragment boosting your recovery or grenade or whatever if you're near a freezy pop.

If you want to dive into making builds, I'd suggest giving DIM's loadout optimiser tools a go. If it looks difficult to use, I think datto did a guide to it recently. When it comes to weapons there's no substitute for just using/testing them yourself and getting to know which perks and stats matter most to you. There's nothing wrong with guides but I think it's a mistake to just use someone else's GODROLL stamp as your main or sole criterion. And for armour, just focusing on one piece at a time in isolation is definitely a mistake: a supposedly poor roll could combine with the rest of your kit to make an excellent build.

36 minutes ago, Hexx said:

Anyone got any tips for machine gun kills in crucible?

I need 3 for Iron banner and it’s just not happening :(

Have you tried shooting guardians with Machine guns? :coffee:

2 minutes ago, Thor said:

Have you tried shooting guardians with Machine guns? :coffee:

Id threaten to shoot you with a machine gun but it wouldn’t work :(

2 hours ago, Hexx said:

Anyone got any tips for machine gun kills in crucible?

I need 3 for Iron banner and it’s just not happening :(

Only to camp the heavy ammo (like everyone else unfortunately). Sorry, not much help I know.

Anyone on PS5 getting this error ever?

Game crashes due to unreadable content and then in restart it tries to verify and displays;

Unreadable game content. A full Destiny 2 reinstall is required 

Twice in a week now.

Worried it’s my PS5

22 minutes ago, Hexx said:

Game crashes due to unreadable content and then in restart it tries to verify and displays;

Twice in a week now.

Worried it’s my PS5

Sounds like you should exchange that ps5

Nice try Bungie.  You got me two times with the glowy armour, you won’t  get me again.  What are the chances it will have decent rolls on it anyway?  Oh look, universal ornaments for the glowy stuff but you need silver or bright dust.  What a surprise.

Oh, looks like I might not have to worry too much.  From dmg on reddit

Yep. From the patch notes article going live next Tuesday... 

Created universal ornaments for previous Solstice of Heroes armor sets. 

These ornaments will be available for players who obtained glows for that armor piece in 2018 and/or 2019. 

They will be unlocked for all three classes. 

Their glow color will change match the player's subclass. 

Note: With limited development time, the team was able to get these ornaments together for players who owned the glows in previous years. They may return for new players to purchase w/ silver or bright dust in the future, but not this year.

Not sure if that means spending synthweave though.

EAZ is a fun activity but I don’t know if I’ll bother chasing huge questlines for shinies.

Each day will challenge you to match your attacks to the daily element in order to charge one of four unique elemental buffs. On Prism days, all four buffs can charge but only one can be activated at a time. Choose your subclass wisely.

Looking forward to the Stasis days and having two different weapons to choose from. ;) 

14 hours ago, Hexx said:

Twice in a week now.

Worried it’s my PS5

This is a known bug on PS5. My pal has this happen regularly and there's tons of threads about on the cesspit that is bungie.net. They've acknowledged it's a bug but it's been a few weeks and no sign of a fix yet. 

There's supposedly some things you can do to mitigate it, can't remember off the top of my head. will edit this post later.

3 minutes ago, Varnsen said:

This is a known bug on PS5. My pal has this happen regularly and there's tons of threads about on the cesspit that is bungie.net. They've acknowledged it's a bug but it's been a few weeks and no sign of a fix yet. 

There's supposedly some things you can do to mitigate it, can't remember off the top of my head. will edit this post later.

It’s code Beagle apparently 

And moving install to and back from an external drive fixes it 

I thought I'd have a go at this, since creating a character maybe 2 years ago.

I'm back in and I have no idea where to go. Or what to do.

I tried to travel to several zones, everything is red and one shotting me.

Where the hell do I go to actually to able to play and shoot things at basically level 0?

FYI I loaded my character and all his equipment is power level 0? It's all broken.

Overall power level is about 100 or something.

This seems totally wrong?

I started doing some kind of tutorial in an ice area and the first enemies killer me immediately. "Power level 1100 recommend" the text told me.

Baffled by this.

Was your character started years ago, and then you basically didn't play the game at all? In other words, is it still the starter gear they (mostly) have? If so, that broken starter gear was never brought up to current power level. Delete your character and start a new one, you won't be losing anything. The new one should be at PL 1100.

So my son’s massively in to this, but having just moved countries and not yet making any friends (long story) he’s desperate to play on a team with people. 

How open would people here be up for teaming up for Gambit, Nightfall strikes, maybe even a Raid or two, etc? He’s pretty good but I am totally fucking useless, but it’d make his day to team up with some others who don’t horribly let him down in the heat of battle. 

On 01/07/2021 at 12:27, Thor said:

Yeah, I was impressed with that Little Light app. @Hexx thanks for that link to the google doc, that's really handy, and also good that I can tweak the figures because I definitely do not agree with some of the armour it has highlighted for me - what's wrong with intellect for a warlock?

I've fallen right down the rabbit hole of looking at armo builds that I'll never likely be able to make due to solo player and limited pinnacles.

The diminishing returns on Intellect are pretty bad

https://d2.destinygamewiki.com/wiki/Intellect

Where as Discpline, and especially Recovery, stay strong even as you level up

https://d2.destinygamewiki.com/wiki/Discipline

https://d2.destinygamewiki.com/wiki/Recovery

Give most builds boost super time with grenades/rifts I can see where there coming from.

Rabbit holes are never a good thing to go down, unless you're a rabbit - or their predator, I guess.

As a voluntarily solo player you have access to the same stats and stat builds as anyone else. For example, the high x and/or y seasonal stuff. Most pinnacles have nothing much to do to do with stat rolls, though even then the vast majority of pinnacles are achievable though solo play. Getting good stat rolls is mainly about simply grinding for them, and the tier 3 focused umbrals aren't a bad place to do that if you want to do it solo. That's totally possible.

Recovery is famously the best PvE stat for getting on armour, and has been since D1. In D2 it goes up 'exponentially' (not really but it's near enough) with each level and is expensive to mod into armour, so it's an attractive stat to have intrinsically, esp for a Warlock. 

But the problem with looking at individual armour pieces is that it doesn't look at your build as a whole. That's why, if you're determined to make the best stat build, something like DIM's loadout optimiser is a better tool than something that just looks at each piece individually. But ultimately the difference between 9 recovery and 10 - although it does make a difference - isn't going to make the difference between you completing a GM and failing utterly. It's a marginal advantage that only really matters if you're absolutely pushing your limits and need that extra 1% survivability. I'd say that these days, even something as minor as the element of the armour piece and (therefore some) mods makes a far bigger difference. As do your general loadout and playstyle, obviously.

Biggest tip is to get in a group to do higher level content, see what works and what needs adjusting and learn from that. If there's no higher level content you want to do, then it doesn't really matter anyway.

One more page and 5 Splicer Gauntlet upgrades to get the title. That means I need 2100 decrypted data. The challenges that have the big chunks of data as a reward are tiresome as fuck, man. The corrupted Expunge missions can fucking do one, they're tedious. I still need like 10 Corrupted Chests for that one.

Got to do Tartarus and Styx in 6 and 9 minutes respectively, and while I can see Styx being done in 9 (I did the corrupted version in just under ten) I've no idea how you're supposed to do Tartarus in 6. There's a couple of short cuts but it's the last part with the Cyclops boss that takes the time. It doesn't help some of the Wire walker platforms just don't work and you fall through them.

5 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

It doesn't help some of the Wire walker platforms just don't work and you fall through them.

That's apparently being fixed in the next update. As for the time limits, while possible solo with the right weapons, the corrupted expunges are really made for teams of three.

• Gorf King changed the title to Destiny 2: Season of the Lost. There is a dungeon and a Gjallarhorn. Dungeon and Gjallarhorn not included.