IGNORED

Destiny 2: Season of the Haunted. Solar refresh, more Leviathan.

Uncle Mike

9 minutes ago, KartoffelKopf said:

I got my first mini-tool last night and so managed to sneak in a guaranteed red bar from a focussed umbral engram and then I can get another this week but then what, you need another 3 to even craft one so unless I get lucky (and it's taken me 3 week already to get 'lucky') it's another 3 weeks and then you need to get it to level 16 before you can put in an enhanced perk which, lets face it, will be standing in the thrallway or Shuro-chi for 3 hours. Then you turn around and the season has finished and you don't need the fucking thing anyway because it's all about Arc damage.

They've misjudged the effort needed for weapon crafting massively and whilst you don't NEED to engage in every part of the game and the random rolls are generally good enough, it feels like they need to really allow players to work towards something rather than the minscule RNG chance we have at the moment. I usually check out other players loadouts when I'm playing and I've seen maybe one enhanced weapon, nobody seems to give a fuck.

Yeah it is literally way too much effort to bother.

I keep meaning to craft a Palmya B and then level it for auto load and lasting impression but I really can’t be arsed.

The only enhanced weapon I have is The Enigma as I had to do that for a quest. I do use it a lot though to be fair (gotta love a Glaive).

4 hours ago, KartoffelKopf said:

@mikeyl

The Dawn Chorus build is fun with an incandescent perked weapon. I got one of the new Suros scouts with it so you can long distance and just the watch the world burn.

I've been using that for the past week or so and it's a lot of fun. Have a drang with enhanced incandescent but will replace with the mini tool I will be able to craft tonight.

4 hours ago, mikeyl said:

Everyone I know has a decent Stormchaser and I’m just getting lame rolls with Rampage or whatever. Guy was using it against the bosses with the void debuff and was getting so so many numbers.

Not loving the Warlock class this season, I dunno what to do. With Titans, you’re invincible and burning everything with the fire helmet, with Hunters you’re invincible and leaving solar poops everywhere with Bombadiers. Great fun. With Warlocks I seem to be the most squishy and dunno, throw grenades?

Fucking noob 

21 minutes ago, luckypierre said:

Fucking noob 

You still owe me 4 Ascendant Shards for that stupid Hunter invis curtain head suggestion. 

Today I pumped a lot of shards into doing a Sunbracers thing. That sucked. Can’t get on with anything that requires a set up cycle.

15 minutes ago, mikeyl said:

You still owe me 4 Ascendant Shards for that stupid Hunter invis curtain head suggestion. 

Today I pumped a lot of shards into doing a Sunbracers thing. That sucked. Can’t get on with anything that requires a set up cycle.

That build has turned me into a hunter main. It's great and there's zero chance of me accidentally triggering a bell with an ill timed dodge

On 21/06/2022 at 12:49, KartoffelKopf said:

Yeah, still fun but you aren't quite getting those crazy numbers in the video. I was aiming to craft a Calus mini-tool but weapon crafting is such a horrifically badly designed and unfun grind that I've given up.

This was fun when it worked but I found if things dropped off (either from easy content or groups) I was dead until abilities recharged.

Hard solo stuff I can see it working, but as all rounder it wasn't working for me.
When it worked it was silly fun but the Starfire approach seemed much more consistently useful across variety of content.

People who solo flawless Duality must be truly deranged.

Just trying to solo each encounter for the triumph but the sheer amount of bullshit that boops you off the side, visions of Gahlrahn that just wander off or bells that decide to just blow you up is hilarious. To start from the very beginning each time….psychopathic. 

I didn't bother with them for ages, but the Sever missions are great - they're like having a new story mission every week ("new" being a relative term, there's a lot of asset reuse). They're not difficult to solo, and the story elements are actually not bad - I really enjoyed Zavala confronting his demons.

1 hour ago, K said:

I didn't bother with them for ages, but the Sever missions are great - they're like having a new story mission every week ("new" being a relative term, there's a lot of asset reuse). They're not difficult to solo, and the story elements are actually not bad - I really enjoyed Zavala confronting his demons.

I mentioned it with the Crow story stuff from before, but the drip-feed of content across a season feels much nicer than a huge questline that you'll either blow through in a few marathon sessions or be intimidated by when you look at how much there is to do. It's kind of how a narrative-based "MMO" should work.

1 minute ago, Qazimod said:

It's kind of how a narrative-based "MMO" should work.

In delivery yes - but the problem is trying to get someone "new" into it can be a right pain as they've vaulted content, or was previous seasons and you can't play  their "stories" any more

On 27/06/2022 at 15:49, Qazimod said:

I mentioned it with the Crow story stuff from before, but the drip-feed of content across a season feels much nicer than a huge questline that you'll either blow through in a few marathon sessions or be intimidated by when you look at how much there is to do. It's kind of how a narrative-based "MMO" should work.

When it works, it works pretty well. I think the problem is that they seem a bit stymied by the availability / cost of certain voice actors - I think I remember reading that they wanted to do more with Drifter, but the voice actor was too busy. Bungie seem to be working really hard at building up Crow as a character, but I still can't really say I care that much about the guy.

But with the right characters, (i.e. Zavala / Caitl) it's really good. Just enough story to make it interesting, and engage you. If anything, these mini-missions have a stronger narrative than the main campaign ones. Even after playing Destiny since launch, I still find myself saying "wait... who's that? What did she do again?" during the story missions.

On 27/06/2022 at 15:51, Hexx said:

In delivery yes - but the problem is trying to get someone "new" into it can be a right pain as they've vaulted content, or was previous seasons and you can't play  their "stories" any more

Having no real ‘introductory’ arc to the game right now is a profound failure, and one that Bungie’s acknowledged but doesn’t seem in a hurry to resolve. I guess they’re comfortable with the size of their current player base. 

I’ve been playing for a few weeks now, and probably grasp about 1/3 of what’s going on. There’s a chunky ‘lore’ sub-menu in which I fear to tread. 

Sever continues to be good 

Wonder what next week (or later) will bring. Clearly a pay off to come.

Its not just me right? Caital is totally into Zavala?

9 hours ago, Hexx said:

Sever continues to be good 

Wonder what next week (or later) will bring. Clearly a pay off to come.

Its not just me right? Caital is totally into Zavala?

The 'I'll break you in half' to Zavala and his little chuckle, the sexual energy is strong between them.

Bound In Sorrow finale notes:

Spoiler

That big dumb Calus face in the background of the boss arena. :lol: It reminded me of 8-bit and 16-bit games where the final boss was just a wall with a face. Amazing.

1 hour ago, Qazimod said:

Hide contents

That big dumb Calus face in the background of the boss arena. :lol: It reminded me of 8-bit and 16-bit games where the final boss was just a wall with a face. Amazing.

You never did the Leviathan raid I take it then? It's part of one of the encounters.

I don't raid, but I might have seen it before in a screenshot or something? Even so, I never had any other surrounding context and so I didn't know that this was a direct callback. :) 

2 hours ago, Qazimod said:

Hide contents

Shame it was pretty simple pew and done rather than replicating, even slightly, raid mechanics

Spoiler

Caital "Don't touch me Guardian! I don't need your help"

Also Caital  "Thank you for the respectful pat on the arm Zavala as we both recognise the struggles we've overcome"

They're bangin.

The recent back page pod has suckered me back in - I think I played everything through Year 1 and then stopped at Forsaken. Reading wiki summaries to work out exactly where I stopped the only thing confusing me is references to a forge - I'm sure I did a quest where I had to get 10 weapons from a secret forge using a green currency? 

Anything I should know while I wait for this 100GB+ download the complete? Are all my raid/trials of the 9 weapons garbage now? Will I have enough to be getting on with until the next PSN sale for the latest expansion? 

You surely would have remembered the forges, as you would have paid for that season then been unable to actually play the forges without weeks of grinding light level (that was the first time I quit playing Destiny 2). Pretty sure all your gear except exotics will be sunset (locked at the lowest current light level of 1350) but can still be used in any activities where light level doesn't matter or is set at 1350, and I think mods and perks on old-style armour were recently deprecated, so you might need to pull (terrible rolls of) any exotic armour you want to use from collections.

After the New Light quest, you'll be able to access the new seasonal public event (Containment), the core playlist activities, the Prophecy dungeon, Vault of Glass raid and I think the first 2 missions of the Witch Queen campaign, which should unlock the new weapon crafting system and Throne World destination. You can also level up the season pass to get access to this season's mods and the free rewards track (with this season's new exotic weapon at level 35 for free-to-play players).

Don't know if you used Destiny Item Manager before, but it's pretty essential now, as that's where you can save and apply loadouts (and it's great for buildcrafting): https://app.destinyitemmanager.com

I’ve jumped back in after a couple of years and sunk tens of hours in over the past couple of weeks. The campaign is great, sever is great, the seasonal stuff is good if a little repetitive. Actually the worst part of the current new glut for me is the new light campaign, which seems very perfunctory. 

4 hours ago, Crhis said:

The recent back page pod has suckered me back in - I think I played everything through Year 1 and then stopped at Forsaken. Reading wiki summaries to work out exactly where I stopped the only thing confusing me is references to a forge - I'm sure I did a quest where I had to get 10 weapons from a secret forge using a green currency? 

Anything I should know while I wait for this 100GB+ download the complete? Are all my raid/trials of the 9 weapons garbage now? Will I have enough to be getting on with until the next PSN sale for the latest expansion? 

Go solar this season! Basically invincible for literally everything (once you’ve unlocked a few mods). You can take your sunset guns into the seasonal activity as it temp boosts your level up so you can take part. It’ll shower drops in there and you’ll get some good shit. Tbh if I was playing catch up I’d do that. If that’s fun then buy the Witch Queen expansion and you will also need Beyond Light for the icymans subclass.

Only bad thing about Sever is that it makes me miss Presage :(

Got my "Reaper" seal, only my 3rd ever with "Splicer" and "Chosen". I'm close to a few more, but need dungeons or raid stuff I can't do.

18 hours ago, Moz said:

I’ve jumped back in after a couple of years and sunk tens of hours in over the past couple of weeks. The campaign is great, sever is great, the seasonal stuff is good if a little repetitive. Actually the worst part of the current new glut for me is the new light campaign, which seems very perfunctory. 

As a new player, it’s really frustrating to hear that they had a solid new light campaign but ‘vaulted’ it without a suitable replacement in mind. It hasn’t earned Bungie any community goodwill to assume that other, more accomplished players will fill in all the many details (not just lore. Though the timeline feature is pathetically insufficient.  Talking basic mechanics here) for new lights that they’ve left out. I mean ffs, I found out by accident that you could upgrade your armour and your ghost. 

There’s a really enjoyable game under all the blundering and obfuscation, but I hesitate to recommend it to any of my friends as not only is there a hefty buy-in for all the content but I know they’re likely to bounce off it hard. 

1 hour ago, Garibaldi said:

As a new player, it’s really frustrating to hear that they had a solid new light campaign but ‘vaulted’ it without a suitable replacement in mind. It hasn’t earned Bungie any community goodwill to assume that other, more accomplished players will fill in all the many details (not just lore. Though the timeline feature is pathetically insufficient.  Talking basic mechanics here) for new lights that they’ve left out. I mean ffs, I found out by accident that you could upgrade your armour and your ghost. 

There’s a really enjoyable game under all the blundering and obfuscation, but I hesitate to recommend it to any of my friends as not only is there a hefty buy-in for all the content but I know they’re likely to bounce off it hard. 

The new light campaign is actually an improvement on what was there when the game first went FTP and the game literally did the eyes up Guardian resurrection mission and then dumped you straight in the tower.

The old D2 campaigns were there but hidden away with Amanda and nothing to point you in her direction or what on Earth you were meant to be doing.

New campaign is a little short but it does an okay job explaining the basics at least….albeit not so much the more comped mechanics going on underneath.

Could be a bit of a niche question - I went all in the cheap way and got the Legacy + Witch Queen Deluxe pack on my Turkish PSN account. When I've switched back to my main account I've got the expansions activated but not the season pass. Is there a way to get the season pass to register to my main account?

A bit disappointed to find that explosive payload is actually pretty pants on sniper rifles, due to the way damage is calculated. Gives me a good excuse to ditch them, I guess, as I just can’t get used to the quick, precision aiming required on controller.