IGNORED

Destiny 2: Season of the Haunted. Solar refresh, more Leviathan.

Uncle Mike

Iffy narrative aside, I enjoyed the end of the Exorcism mission. I know it's nothing more than a glorified Horde/Survival event but there was a lot going on - me and my team of randoms spent most of our time time running to revive one another... :D 

Gambit changes sound great actually. They seem to have given it some attention finally. Just need more maps though to make a it truly fresh experience. Surely they can skim a bit of that Sony money off now and get some talent on new maps.

Overall, Witch Queen is looking like a bit of chonk of an expansion. I'm sure I'll tap out in a few weeks after I reach the 'kill 50 vex on the EDZ' style quests but really looking forward to a ton of new stuff to do for however long it entertains me.

56 minutes ago, KartoffelKopf said:

Gambit changes sound great actually. They seem to have given it some attention finally. Just need more maps though to make a it truly fresh experience. Surely they can skim a bit of that Sony money off now and get some talent on new maps.

Just put the old ones back in. It's not like they haven't got maps that break the lore anywhere else.

I love Gambit anyway but these QoL changes sound immense, especially:

• Players always drop half the Motes they were carrying when they are defeated. 
  • These can be picked up by anyone, including invaders! Invaders can also drop more Motes now! 
  • This makes recovering from a ruthless invader (or bad luck fighting enemies) a little easier. 

That's fantastic.

The Meatball is gone, but now all Primevals have invulnerability phases, removed by killing the Envoys, which now spawn in one of the 3 fronts?

Will need to play that to see how it pans out, definitely sounds more fun than just melting everything at the bank, though, and invaders during the Primeval phase can't just launch everything towards your bank for guaranteed kills.

"We've added a Freelance node, and we've also enabled Match Game for all shields to promote teamwork," though? The left hand is punching the right hand in the dick.

Wasn’t that the Gambit prime mechanic? As a Gambit 3%er always thought Prime was fairer and faster.

Also need to do 24 Gambit matches this week to accidentally get the Guilded Dredgen title. I’m alright thanks.

Still 50:50 on this - was completely out but they've been making all the right noises, and the big expacs are normally pretty good.

Despite all the vaulted content I also think a nice crisp/clean/uncluttered Map might be nice :d

Why did I ignore Grandmaster Nightfalls until this week (when I just hit 1370, not that it actually matters for GMs due to the modifier that puts you 25 under)? I'm always on the scrounge for golf balls, I've not once masterworked a piece of exotic armour because of how rare they are, and you get 1 or 2 at a time for doing these :facepalm:

You picked a good week to discover them. Lake of Shadows is, by quite a big margin, the easiest GM NF. I’ve run it about 15 times this week with randoms and died a handful of times. It’s a quick to run with a boss you can burn. Good loot this week too with Hung Jury and Hothead. 

If you’d discovered them when it was another strike, looking at you The Corrupted, it might be a different story. That is the complete opposite of fun as a GM. 

7 hours ago, Hexx said:

Despite all the vaulted content I also think a nice crisp/clean/uncluttered Map might be nice :d

The vaulting was controversial at first but I didn’t really miss Mars, Io, Mercury or Titan because there was enough to do on the other planets. As long as the remaining weekly challenges are decent, it’s fine.

3 hours ago, KartoffelKopf said:

You picked a good week to discover them. Lake of Shadows is, by quite a big margin, the easiest GM NF. I’ve run it about 15 times this week with randoms and died a handful of times. It’s a quick to run with a boss you can burn. Good loot this week too with Hung Jury and Hothead. 

If you’d discovered them when it was another strike, looking at you The Corrupted, it might be a different story. That is the complete opposite of fun as a GM. 

10 hours ago, Nobuo's Organ said:

Why did I ignore Grandmaster Nightfalls until this week (when I just hit 1370, not that it actually matters for GMs due to the modifier that puts you 25 under)? I'm always on the scrounge for golf balls, I've not once masterworked a piece of exotic armour because of how rare they are, and you get 1 or 2 at a time for doing these :facepalm:

This pushed me to do one for the first time. Annoyed a few people on LFG before finding a compassionate group. Got the Adept Hothead. 

Spent the rest of the morning cleaning out my vault and spending all my gunsmith tokens.

23 minutes ago, Nate Dogg III said:

Starting a club for people who forgot to turn in their gunsmith mats. Getting badges made, possibly jackets if enough interest. PM for details

I didn't forget, but there was no way I was gonna stand there and press the buttons to liquidate them. It was hard enough doing Zavala tokens last time. Fuck that.

26 minutes ago, Uncle Mike said:

I didn't forget, but there was no way I was gonna stand there and press the buttons to liquidate them. It was hard enough doing Zavala tokens last time. Fuck that.

Yes, that was one of the things that put me off. I don't think I had that many anyway in fairness, a few hundred maybe. Now we'll never know.

I did while listening to an audiobook - about 150 hand ins. Didn't bother looking at rolls, just immediate sharding.

Got about 100 cores and lots of legendary shards.

I can't stop humming "I'm on the moon, it's made of cheese" to Savanthun's song theme.

Honestly, leaving gunsmith materials behind is a bit like leaving a fairground and realising you've still got a few of those tokens in your pocket. I don't like waste, but ultimately you're not going to go to your grave filled with regret that you didn't send the kids for another go on the unsafe bouncy castle with the feral teenagers. 

I think Beyond Light was the best expansion they've done for Destiny 2. I wish they'd done a bit more with Europa, as there are some locations that aren't used much (like the Fallen city), but the lore, activities, aesthetic, one-off missions, and quests were all absolutely top notch. I'd almost say it's better than the Taken King, given that a huge part of TK was just reworking the wonky game mechanics of the original game. Hopefully Witch Queen will maintain the same level of quality.

6 hours ago, Muz said:

Keep telling myself not to buy this so I don't lose my life again but am getting unexpectedly excited about a game I quit a couple of years ago

Kings Fall back in (supposedly). I've got Van Halen primed and ready to go. You know you want to!

• Uncle Mike changed the title to Destiny 2: Season of the Haunted. Solar refresh, more Leviathan.