IGNORED

Destiny 2: Season of the Haunted. Solar refresh, more Leviathan.

Uncle Mike

1 hour ago, Malc said:

Thanks for the breakdown Gorf, appreciate it.

It sounds like the campaign/story structure has all gotten a bit disjointed nowadays, so I guess it doesn’t really matter if I play the others first and come back to Forsaken when it’s free in December.

I played the OG Destiny 2 on release, and haven’t touched it again until recently, so there’s this massive hole of story lore between the Red War up to now. I guess I can watch a few lore videos on YouTube to try and fill the gap up to these expansions…

Well it does kind of matter in the sense that Forsaken is by far the best Destiny expansion since The Taken King and offers a miles better campaign than the Red War (and well Shadowkeep and Beyond Light, although Beyond Light is pretty good).

Plotwise well you can be caught up fairly quickly

Forsaken - some Awoken and Fallen reprobates kill your best friend.  You kill them back.  The Awoken home city end up in a timeloop for reasons....its very pretty mind.

Shadowkeep - those scary triangle ships send out a scouting party and upset the Hive.  You run around a load of areas that will look very familiar if you played Destiny one.  There's a lot of killing

Beyond Light - more tricksy things from the triangles.  The Exo stranger from D1 turns up and gains a name.  You embrace a new power from the nasty triangles and Zivala disapproves.  All takes place on an ice world because ice worlds do look very cool.  You kill a lot of things.  If you buy the season pass you can try the best FPS shooter horror level in any game ever.

There you are all caught up

6 hours ago, dreamylittledream said:

Plotwise well you can be caught up fairly quickly

Forsaken - You kill them back.

Shadowkeep - There's a lot of killing

Beyond Light - You kill a lot of things.

There you are all caught up

These are the main story takeaways I got out of each expansion. 

I found a new vocation in the final hours of the non-flawless pool in Freelance Trials as a perma-invisible hunter who walks up behind the other team and says "hello to my little friend" (my little friend is Jötunn).

I'm not proud, but the armour set I put together for it is now masterworked with the filthy shards which dropped.

38 minutes ago, Thor said:

Hmmm, to what are you referring?

26 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

Presage?

Edit: oh wait I thought it meant I'd you buy Beyond Light deluxe you get all 4 season passes retroactively

Yes I’m referring to Presage which you can still get if you buy the super dooper deluxe version of BL but otherwise is lost to all new players.

Should have been more specific really as it’s not in the current season pass 

Hmm, I wouldn't class it as easily the best content D2's had either. I mean, it's a great mission. But compared to Last Wish, Deep Stone Crypt, VoG, just about any other raid? Nah. I think discovering and gradually besting The Shattered Throne was a far bigger and more engaging experience, too. And the Whisper mission. And a few others were pretty great - Pit of Heresy, Prophecy. I don't think Presage is mediocre or anything - I think it's a fantastic mission - but I wouldn't put it at the top of Best Destiny Content. Seems many would though - maybe big Screeb fans? Screebos? Scweebos. I'm sticking with that.

This week's legendary Shattered Realm, Forest of Echoes is brutal. I couldn't get passed beacon 2 on Debris, but was so close to solo flawless on Ruins (never completed it all tho), but can't make it over 25% beacon 1 this week. 

6 minutes ago, McFly said:

This week's legendary Shattered Realm, Forest of Echoes is brutal. I couldn't get passed beacon 2 on Debris, but was so close to solo flawless on Ruins (never completed it all tho), but can't make it over 25% beacon 1 this week. 

It wasn't so bad with a fire team but definately felt harder than previous ones. 

More mix of shields for match game and beacon 2 has adds attack from most angles.

1 hour ago, Hexx said:

It wasn't so bad with a fire team but definately felt harder than previous ones. 

More mix of shields for match game and beacon 2 has adds attack from most angles.

I played with a team about 10 times max, that wasn't matchmade. I'll need to see about it tho for these. Haven't even tried legend Astral Alligment yet :unsure:

2 hours ago, Gorf King said:

Hmm, I wouldn't class it as easily the best content D2's had either. I mean, it's a great mission. But compared to Last Wish, Deep Stone Crypt, VoG, just about any other raid? Nah. I think discovering and gradually besting The Shattered Throne was a far bigger and more engaging experience, too. And the Whisper mission. And a few others were pretty great - Pit of Heresy, Prophecy. I don't think Presage is mediocre or anything - I think it's a fantastic mission - but I wouldn't put it at the top of Best Destiny Content. Seems many would though - maybe big Screeb fans? Screebos? Scweebos. I'm sticking with that.

Can't do the raids solo so they're out for me. I'd have probably enjoyed the Deepstone crypt raid I've done if I could have enjoyed the flavour and dialogue and stuff but raids by their nature are chaotic with coms and that.

Well yeah, Destiny's essentially a team game. Bungie have made a lot more interesting content that can be done solo in recent times, and Presage is a great example of that. But its best content will always be stuff that's designed for team completion. Because obviously that gives them a lot more scope in terms of encounter design, and brings in the different classes and complementary skills and gear, and solving multi-part mechanics and puzzles, and stuff like that. The most ambitiously-designed stuff is almost inevitably going to be team based, even if they do (and I hope they do) keep introducing soloable-by-design content like Presage.

I think Presage is best compared against the other unique exotic missions - for me it’s easily one of the most atmospheric, but in terms of overall challenge and satisfaction it’s a coin-flip between Presage and Whisper. :) 

Thanks guys, I'm in :D

Anyone about to help me with a quest pls?

The one where you need to discover something for the Drifter, its the one thats a variation as the Strike, tried solo'ing and got to the lift, but gave up.

4 hours ago, mikeyl said:

What’s your LL @Jerec ? Looking for a couple of grinders who fancy doing master VoG for the fancy guns.

I think 1334 or something like that, if thats enough and you dont mind a little carrying I'm game.

I could also auto level my Titan and Hunter for extra chances too.

3 minutes ago, Jerec said:

Whens reset?

6pm every day, so if you didn't buy it before 6pm Monday, you missed it.

Have to say, this is one of the shittier elements of Destiny 2. All mods should be available at all times via in-game currency, with Ada-1 or whoever having some on special offer.

• Uncle Mike changed the title to Destiny 2: Season of the Haunted. Solar refresh, more Leviathan.