IGNORED

Destiny 2: Season of the Haunted. Solar refresh, more Leviathan.

Uncle Mike

Hi Destiny fans, anyone fancy carrying me through the raid later? Looks like we need to Clan Up for one of the engrams. Must have 2 of each class and all the warlock sun umbrellas. Not really, first bit’s easy. I’ll stick something in the online folder see if there’s any interest.

4 hours ago, Scruff said:

Fuck yeah. Me, @Gorf King and @Mr Ben just three-manned the first raid encounter. Feels good man 8-)

*edit* Sorry mikeyl, didn't think how this post would look directly after yours! Not humble bragging, just chuffed at what we managed to do after banging our heads on the wall yesterday.

Nice! Cheese or legit, though?

1 hour ago, Scruff said:

Happy to say what we did in spoilers in the raid thread :)

Oh ;)

Oh @Shimmyhill you are one of those players! I reserve Golden Gun for exactly that player.

Went and had a look around the raid last night and watched the video to get the chest. Wandered off to get it and picked up an Apex Predator which was nice.

Will have to try the actual first raid before I even attempt Last Wish

I think I stumbled upon that secret, discussed up thread, by myself tonight. I was pretty excited to give it the old 545 college try and just got thorn to shreds within five second of the first encounter. It was satisfying all the same to find it by blind chance (I was trying to find where the oracle engine is to offer up my first offering, which was also neat - I'm guessing that would have been a little different had I done that earlier). 

Anyway, loving this expansion. It's already eaten into the first semester of my final year something fierce. 

Amazing scenes in Gambit tonight. A little Destiny story and Exotic quest spoiler (not the bow, the other new one):

Spoiler

So you may or may not have heard that there was another exotic quest that activated with the weekly reset. It's for Malfeasance, which I think is a hand cannon but I'm not sure because I want to keep it a surprise when I finally get it.

Anyway, the quest is obtained via Gambit and in order to get it you have to kill an Ascendant Primeval, which has a chance to spawn in when you summon a primeval instead of the regular one. As far as I'm aware it's entirely random as to whether it will spawn or not and in order to get the quest you have to kill it before the opposing team kills theirs, as The Drifter has decreed. So I was playing Gambit somewhat absentmindedly in the depths of the night, just ticking off some bounties and edging towards that Infamy reset that I've been aiming for and suddenly this big fucker spawns in for our team! He looked like the end boss of the main Forsaken story, the big hairy bollock thing with teeth.

Up till now my team of randos was working together pretty well. They seemed to know when to bank and when to play it safe etc. The other team were pretty shithouse it seemed, regularly losing motes and in the first round they only invaded once and I quickly rushed him with the EP shotty and took him down. No danger, we've got this in the bag.

We weren't invaded once in the second round leading up to the summon either, so were able to spawn big hairy bollock man relatively quickly and in peace. But right on fucking queue just as we all suddenly realise that we have a chance at this rare new exotic quest and we put our game faces on and hunker down in my Well of Radiance ready to send this testicle back to the realm of sweaty pants from which he came, French PS4 player on the opposing team and ruiner of days "iZuMii-LzOo" remembers that he has Sleeper equipped and she's feeling neglected.

He invades and almost immediately we see that notorious red flash and then hear those dreaded words "Guardian Down". 'Primeval Healed' flashes up at the bottom of the screen. Shit. "Guardian Down" says Nolan North again. "KILL_FARMER91", a man who had truly lived up to his name up to this point falls beside me. Shit. There's that red flash again. Now I'm down too. 'Primeval Healed'. Fuck. "couchpotatoe2002" bites the dust as well. "The enemy team's summoned their primeval". Oh God no. Not like this. Our primeval is virtually back to full health and I can see the enemy team's rapidly dwindling. We give it everything we've got. Supers, hammers, bullets, grenades, everything in our arsenal is hurled at this giant gonad as we desperately try to win the round and claim what is rightfully ours. "You're being invaded" shouts The Drifter. Merde! The French dealer of death and his one-hit-kill toy is back for more. The Entente Cordiale is a distant memory at this point. The enemy team's primeval has barely a third of its health left. Ours has over half. If this fucker wipes us out again we're toast and RNG in this game being what it is, who knows how long it'll be before we get another chance.

I spot a purple brick. Just 10 metres away. If I rush it and have Lady Luck on my side, I can do this. Now or never. Carpe diem and all that. I sprint out, slide on my knees like one of those shotgun cunts in the Crucible and grab the heavy ammo brick. Guess who has a Sleeper equipped too, Monsieur? I spot him peeking out from behind a rock like the snivelling rat he is and take aim as he downs couchpotatoe once again. My sofa-bound buddy's death will not be in vain. The absurd auto-aim kicks in on my Sleeper and he disintegrates in my sights, banished back to the other side. Enchanté. Now we are free to do what Guardians do best and we annihilate the great hairy bollock in the nick of time, a whisker away from defeat. Victory and the Malfeasance quest is ours. KILLFARMER91 gets excited. couchpotatoe2002 summons the Warmind. pinholestar1 calls their shot. 

Alright alright alright. :hat:

That was almost the best story, but you ruined it by using Sleeper. 

Did my first tier III Blind Well last night. That's some shit.  Think we had a group of seven and took the final minotaur down with two seconds left, and didn't have much more than that when we burned the final boss. Does anyone know how gear drops work from that? Surely you can't just run it infinitely for powerful drops, I assume there's both a limit and a reset for said limit but haven't seen it anywhere.

4 minutes ago, Nate Dogg III said:

That was almost the best story, but you ruined it by using Sleeper. 

Did my first tier III Blind Well last night. That's some shit.  Think we had a group of seven and took the final minotaur down with two seconds left, and didn't have much more than that when we burned the final boss. Does anyone know how gear drops work from that? Surely you can't just run it infinitely for powerful drops, I assume there's both a limit and a reset for said limit but haven't seen it anywhere.

I've never got look from tier 3 or below, and in 2 runs (with a mate) of unstable on piece of powerful dropped.

I'm not really sure of the Blind Wells purpose given it's limited rewartds

Yeah, @Nate Dogg III, Lyrcial mentioned that T3 well to me last night. As Larsen says, what you had there was a drop from the T4 boss. The three bosses you beat first are the T3 ones; when they are beaten someone is able to drop (and did drop) an unstable charge into the centre and that procs the additional, T4, boss. It's beating him that gives you the one powerful drop per week.

51 minutes ago, Nate Dogg III said:

Do you mean the Tier 3 with the extra unstable charge to get the extra boss up? 

Spoiler

This week, it's the Servitor bollock?

If so, it seems that drops a good Powerful drop on the first complete only. Other than that, I've had nothing.

I like the Well, I have to say. It's a good fight, when you get a good instance. My only problem, as it continues to be, is the failure (or insistence) that they don't help you get a good instance together. At least EP you could brute force. And I get why they might not want the hardcore players hidden in their own instances so randoms never get help, but two empty wells with 4 or 5 in party chat is quite depressing.

I assumed they'd done something to the BW matchmaking - everytime now 1st go in seems to load me with 3-4 other people

When we did our unstable charge earlier in week we (2 of us) ran in to a 3 starting - with 2 other randoms running in with us 

In fairness to Bungie, my experience in anything with mechanics (the Well, EP, Gambit, even Control to an extent) pretty well justifies their ongoing reluctance to matchmake properly difficult content. But I do wish I could have a little more flexibility in who I do the good stuff with. You can have 9 in a Well, I think? It's a shame I can't go in as a 4 or 5 (or 6.)

Ah thanks for clarifying gang. Assumed Unstable was a tier-four thing, didn't realise it's the heroic trigger. Makes sense now.

I think Blind Well is really no different to Archon's Forge, Court Of Oryx and Escalation Protocol in that the rewards don't feel appropriate for the effort past a certain point on the power curve BUT it doesn't matter because there's a weekly bounty with a powerful gear reward that pushes people towards it. Instancing is a crapshoot as ever but I've found that if you wait for one other person to turn up and kick off a tier one, it fills up soon enough. And I do enjoy the mode, even when Donut doesn't shut up about where the Shiny Man is.

1 minute ago, Nate Dogg III said:

even when Donut doesn't shut up about where the Shiny Man is.

Awwww :wub:

I like it - and it's great for ranking up newly unlocked subclasses. I just wish there was reasons to do it after bounty (e.g. EP had boss weapon chance, everything else had gear potential). We did our 100% bounty in 2 T3 and 2 US on Tuesday - and there's not much pulling me back there until next week (although to be fair part of that is so much other stuff to level up)

I do sometimes wonder how many people play with the sound off or music on instead, and therefore are completely oblivious to the shout about banking to summon. It must be quite a few based on my experience! 

Also, to slightly contradict the point about not invading when the enemy team has nothing to lose. I sort of agree (assuming you are talking about when they have just summoned but haven’t damaged it yet) but one counterpoint I would make is that sometimes invading at this time slows the enemy team down just enough for yours to catch up, summon and use the buff to overtake quite quickly. Even if you don’t kill them a lot of teams will hang way back and not risk clearing any adds etc during the invasion, while your team can be sending more blockers over to make things worse during that 30 second period. 

1 minute ago, Marmite said:

I do sometimes wonder how many people play with the sound off or music on instead, and therefore are completely oblivious to the shout about banking to summon. It must be quite a few based on my experience! 

Also, to slightly contradict the point about not invading when the enemy team has nothing to lose. I sort of agree (assuming you are talking about when they have just summoned but haven’t damaged it yet) but one counterpoint I would make is that sometimes invading at this time slows the enemy team down just enough for yours to catch up, summon and use the buff to overtake quite quickly. Even if you don’t kill them a lot of teams will hang way back and not risk clearing any adds etc during the invasion, while your team can be sending more blockers over to make things worse during that 30 second period. 

I think you're getting into the post-grad doctorate level of advanced Gambitology there tbh. Let's start with 'there's a big monster living under the floor somewhere and your job is to get it out of there and kill it'.

• Uncle Mike changed the title to Destiny 2: Season of the Haunted. Solar refresh, more Leviathan.