IGNORED

Destiny 2: Season of the Haunted. Solar refresh, more Leviathan.

Uncle Mike

Really like this weeks ascendant challenge. Different from frantics of the others, but still have to focus.

Up to 548 light now. I've said at 550 I'm gonna go through the 400 items in my bank and work out what I actually want/like.

The need a better way to get MW cores though. Given the upgrade system to each armor/weapon I understand why they want to keep it limited/scarce, but as they cost to infuse as well :S

You can get more cores by handing in materials and old tokens at planetary vendors like we used to in Warmind. The drops from rank up packages still have the chance of containing masterworked items that can be broken down into cores, and you sometimes get more than 1 from each MW'd item.

Also this was on reddit (I cant confirm, but I didnt see anything earlier at Zavala):

A Cat what? A minor annoyance in the whole Dreaming City thing, it’s so dense and impenetrable. Didn’t even know it existed and that this was where the real loot was kept up until about a week ago. You’d really only know the entirety of what’s going on and what you need to do is if you had read up on it, spent too much time wondering aimlessly or somebody walks you through. 

e.g. the Corrupted strike is an absolute banger, one of the best they’ve ever done. They don’t explicitly make you go off and do it tho. Suppose it’s just the same as never getting 96 exits on Mario whatever, where you have to invest the time to see the best bits,  but sometimes it’s just nice to have your hand held.

Dreaming City's not even fully unlocked yet There's more stuff to come.

For those wondering how to get tinctures (to become ascendant), there's a skull that sells you them for 50 baryon boughs in Harbvingers Seclude (in Rheasilvia, top right of the map). Quick video on how to get there:

Useful guide to the actual value of 'powerful' rewards/engrams from https://www.reddit.com/user/Zephaus - though obviously still a work in progress, so not complete or fully verifiable. Still, the way random drops of prime engrams appear to scale all the way up to max - as opposed to those from certain other activities - strikes me as odd and unsatisfying. But overall it shows there are many ways in which it's possible to get to max without ever raiding at all; though one would have to ask what the point really is unless you need that power for the activity you're wanting to do.

9LFs7DE.png

I think it's +1 over 520 though - which means it's a 520 soft cap. In the terminology they use here, soft caps only give +1 (or occasionally +2) over the cap, and non-capped powerfuls give ~+5. I'm sure the guide's not right about everything, but I only did the Gambit quest today as well and I definitely got a +1 from it.

Fuck sake. Really have met some of the dregs of the Earth today in Gambit. Guy that stands by the bank doing nothing but emoting, guy that stands by the invasion portal doing nothing, contributing no motes and then jumping through as soon as the portal is active, and dying straight away (summery screen said 0 Guardians killed) and then a level 7 (with white weapons) who just wanders around the map like a living example of the confused emote. All I needed was to have met Shimmy with his magic shotgun and the day would have been complete.

Sad times :( 

1 hour ago, Scruff said:

Fuck sake. Really have met some of the dregs of the Earth today in Gambit. Guy that stands by the bank doing nothing but emoting, guy that stands by the invasion portal doing nothing, contributing no motes and then jumping through as soon as the portal is active, and dying straight away (summery screen said 0 Guardians killed) and then a level 7 (with white weapons) who just wanders around the map like a living example of the confused emote. All I needed was to have met Shimmy with his magic shotgun and the day would have been complete.

Sad times :( 

I don’t use a shotgun much in this :o 

Played Gambit last night with Chaz and ended on a 4 streak win with silly numbers of invasion kills, absolute class mode but very team dependant - even the two of us made it vastly better than solo play.

I have a pulse/bow combo that’s just insane against people not using sleeper, it’s not bad against them but as they don’t even have to aim it’s pretty hard to out play :(  

• Uncle Mike changed the title to Destiny 2: Season of the Haunted. Solar refresh, more Leviathan.