IGNORED

Destiny 2: Season of the Haunted. Solar refresh, more Leviathan.

Uncle Mike

1 hour ago, K said:

This news may shock you, but the triumphs are a bit bugged. I’ve already earned some for things I can’t possibly have done, like won a crucible match using only bows, or completing a Forsaken strike. I can’t believe this got through Bungie’s watertight quality control. 

Same here, I unlocked about 7 crucible triumphs I have definitely not done, as they all involved being in a 4 man fire team. But I didn't seem to get any reward anyway.

Really like the Triumph concept though, gives you lots of stuff to work towards and feeling of making progress in everything you do, trickle feeding goodies. Same with all the new quest stuff, and dailies etc.

I've got a daily to complete 3 challenges in strikes, but where do I find the challenges? They ain't in triumphs.

Not keen on the Warlocks new arc super :(

In general so so far so good, it feels like destiny content and plenty to do but not blown away by it - had about 10 rounds in the crucible, it’s ok but the few rounds I had on Destiny crucible earlier were much more fun.

So far in 5 successive bounty/tokens/ engrams i got two better devils and 2 of the same swords - even for Bungo standards that many dupes in 30 seconds is pretty good going!

To end on a positive note there is something that is vastly better these days playing Destiny 2 over the original... 7 hour session and the PS4 pad didn’t run out of juice! Now I know that’s not strictly Bungos doing but it is pleasing none the less :) 

5 minutes ago, Mafro said:

Imagine not wanting to murder Cayde after doing the first mission.

We did the daily heroic adventure on Earth and the fucker’s alive again. Infuriating. 

Enjoying this a lot, obviously, because it’s new Destiny and I have a blue hand cannon with Outlaw on it. Resentfully going to bed now. 

I'm not keen on the amount of mats needed to update stuff just now (25 datalattice to infuse stuff into the good legendary auto rifle I got) but I'm sure it won't be too bad after a month or so of Flashpoints.

I love the new titan missile super, and the melee attack for that just basically feels like a slightly smaller super. The quest to unlock the new ones was shite though compared to the one in TTK that actually had proper setup and backstory.

You can get 100+ planetary mats easy with a ghost equipped with the chest finder perk for that planet, as each chest has 4 mats in it. That along with public events and patrols give 4. I had 100+ in 15 minutes on Nessus last week.

The new Sunbreaker subclass is easy to level up, thanks to infinite hammers as they dont go on cooldown if you pick it back up.

Edit:

I thought that may be what was happening after I levelled up and started getting better blue drops. Its just tied to your actual character level it seems, though it may also be a bit buggy - some people in that thread are reporting getting 376 drops from PE's when the same guy who made the thread got it to work like its supposed to and hit 50/500 power doing it.

Double Edit: The lost sector The Empty Tank is amazing. You'll know why as soon as you enter :lol:

Just did it at 330 odd (enemies are 380, but you can damage them at 334 or so) and drops were 340+, so the harder the activity the better the loot like Bungie promised.

2 of the 3 clan bounties dont seem to be working - the arc final blows and melee final blows in the crucible just dont seem to be working at all. Punched multiple players to death and shotgunned them with an arc shotty to no effect. Only thing I can think of is its arc ability kills and charged melee kills, maybe?!? :unsure:

3 hours ago, Flub said:

Is everyone skipping the campaign until they get geared and levelled then?

Just went straight in myself. Was only at a lowly 340 light level and it’s fairly easy (well at least what I’ve done so far) If you levelled and geared up it would pose no challenge whatsoever.

Going in at that level I’m pretty much increasing my LL with, or just below the recommended level for the missions.

My thoughts so far (as someone who fell away from the game after 100 hours and not playing much of the expansions, having put 800 into D1) is that there seems to be a lot of stuff to do now. The initial campaign mission looks incredible and the cut scenes look really are on another level looks wise. Not entirely sold on the aesthetics of the tangled shore but the new enemy types are great, and are really menacing when introduced in the second half of the first mission.

So far I think my initial thoughts are that it looks like there's loads to do and find, that Infusion looks expensive, and that it's lucky for Nolan North's impression that Cayde dies pretty quickly.

But I'm pretty happy! I killed 4 Barons last night, got a load of blue gear to around 430 Light, and unlocked one new Super. I really like the Solar Titan one. Whirling round with a massive hammer is fun, and the little throwing hammer is surprisingly effective when you learn slightly new muscle memory (I guess frequent Hunters wouldn't keep just throwing it off nowhere like I do.)

50 minutes ago, Mr Ben said:

2 of the 3 clan bounties dont seem to be working - the arc final blows and melee final blows in the crucible just dont seem to be working at all. Punched multiple players to death and shotgunned them with an arc shotty to no effect. Only thing I can think of is its arc ability kills and charged melee kills, maybe?!? :unsure:

I did them all last night, arc sniper and rocket launcher mostly used.

The new solar Titan super is ridiculous in crucible btw Mike. Multikills a plenty with the right trigger, as people arent expecting it to hit them from a mile away (which it does, as the fire travels across the floor).

59 minutes ago, Shimmyhill said:

I did them all last night, arc sniper and rocket launcher mostly used.

Doesnt make sense, as I used Wardcliff a few times, and it didnt progress the bar. Nothing seemed to work, and they're definitely crucible bounties. The other 1 (the only pve one) completed with no issues.

Slightly dubious about the reworked economy in this. They’ve shifted infusion so that it’s really expensive in terms of materials you have very few of (masterwork cores and planetary mats), while leaving people with shitloads of glimmer and legendary shards. Hopefully there’ll be something nice to spend those on – I’m not hugely looking forward to living on the core / mat breadline, while having shedloads of glimmer.

The bows are nice though, right? Very satisfying action, and they seem to have the range of a sniper rifle without the scope. That seems like less of a liability than you’d think, as you can aim without losing your peripheral vision and without the brief disorientation of bringing the sight up.

The campaign does seem fun so far, and thought Nolan North’s Nathan Fillion voice was pretty good. North has a higher-pitched voice than Fillion, but it otherwise sounded accurate enough to me. And I did laugh at the animation where he pressed all the buttons. The relatively low light requirements and respawning in the campaign mean that it’s a bit perfunctory in a gameplay sense. It makes me wonder why they have dark zones at all in campaign – surely the whole thing should be a dark zone? Dying and respawning without penalty makes it feel a bit pointless.

It also makes me wonder why they don’t normalise light levels in the campaign, or have set gear or something. The Solstice missions were brilliant with locked gear that gave you a consistent challenge, it would be great if they could do something like that for the heroic story missions or the campaign as a whole.

5 minutes ago, K said:

Slightly dubious about the reworked economy in this. They’ve shifted infusion so that it’s really expensive in terms of materials you have very few of (masterwork cores and planetary mats), while leaving people with shitloads of glimmer and legendary shards. Hopefully there’ll be something nice to spend those on – I’m not hugely looking forward to living on the core / mat breadline, while having shedloads of glimmer.

The bows are nice though, right? Very satisfying action, and they seem to have the range of a sniper rifle without the scope. That seems like less of a liability than you’d think, as you can aim without losing your peripheral vision and without the brief disorientation of bringing the sight up.

The campaign does seem fun so far, and thought Nolan North’s Nathan Fillion voice was pretty good. North has a higher-pitched voice than Fillion, but it otherwise sounded accurate enough to me. And I did laugh at the animation where he pressed all the buttons. The relatively low light requirements and respawning in the campaign mean that it’s a bit perfunctory in a gameplay sense. It makes me wonder why they have dark zones at all in campaign – surely the whole thing should be a dark zone? Dying and respawning without penalty makes it feel a bit pointless.

It also makes me wonder why they don’t normalise light levels in the campaign, or have set gear or something. The Solstice missions were brilliant with locked gear that gave you a consistent challenge, it would be great if they could do something like that for the heroic story missions or the campaign as a whole.

Re:Glimmer

You’ve talked to Spider again right?

4 minutes ago, Mr Ben said:

You can buy masterwork cores from him for 20 legendary shards I think it is. You can even buy glimmer from him - yeah, because that makes sense......

Prices on things change each day (it says) so far prices change each day. Masterwork cores price doubles each day (yesterday starting at 10 Legendary shards)

1 minute ago, Kryptonian said:

That will scale pretty quickly!

Yeah - but each day can get you a little. And prices reset each day.  Yesterday you could by 4 of the planetary mats for either 5000Glimmer or 1 Legendary Shard (and you could buy 1 Legendary Shard for 5000 Glimmer)

It'll keep things flowing if you check in every now and again I think

• Uncle Mike changed the title to Destiny 2: Season of the Haunted. Solar refresh, more Leviathan.