IGNORED

Destiny 2: Season of the Haunted. Solar refresh, more Leviathan.

Uncle Mike

Turns out, only the raid weapons can be used at 400.  Non-raid weapons cannot be infused over 380.  Wonder if they'll do the same with the Solstice armour.  I would like to point out how very Bungie it is to fuck this up by not telling people.  Just say in advance if that was the plan.  Idiots.

Wow, that’s an extremely Destiny 1, year 1, way of doing things. Is that good? I remember ploughing through the Vault of Glass hoping that the legs that would take level 38 (or whatever) would drop and enjoying it, but that was more down to the quality of the VoG than the fun of hoping a particular thing would drop. 

I don't mind it being the case at all.  I mind Bungie telling people you can get 400 light level weapons from the raid, then not telling them they cannot infused into anything until after the patch is out.  Typical Bungie communication.  They have had all that time, and release that info on the day of the Prestige lairs dropping.  They absolutely didn't confirm or deny one way or another, and that is what annoys me (more than it should) that they have done the same shit again.

They point blank refuse to learn at any point.

Prestige "exploit"? You decide:

Also to clarify on infusion of raid weapons, you can use the 400 gear as infusion fodder IF the item you want leveled up is under 380 (385). HOWEVER, it will only infuse the item up to 380 (385). This limit does not pertain to Exotics. They can all be infused up to 400 (405)!

You can see this yourself by checking legendaries you own and exotics. The tooltip for exotics is different to what it says on legendaries - there is no power level mentioned in the exotic weapon tooltip.

Apparently thats how it works. People have 400 power exotics now due to it, according to that reddit thread.

Edit: I forgot to link the thread, but its this thread - I've linked it to someone claiming they infused the raid sniper at 400 into a Darci

Need more proof? Deres dmg04's official response

Solstice of Heroes stuff is up on Bungies webpage now:

https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/47017

Previews of some of the new emotes, ghost shells, and sparrows from Eververse's Solstice engrams that you get during SoH, as well as previews of the armour, including all 3 ornament versions of it.

Theres also this, though no idea how you get it as yet:

Solstice_of_Heroes_Ship.png?cv=398362121

The fishing emote is easily the best of the new emotes - reminds me of Yakuza 0 (its no shark though), so I'll be having that, thanks!

Requirements for the Solstice armour is up on reddit, along with all new items added in todays patch. Some of the activities are not for the faint of heart - prepare to do Prestige Leviathan and Nightfalls (the latter of which with negative, nasty modifiers!): Spoilered for length

23 hours ago, Uncle Mike said:

Yes! No more Crucible for me then. Just to grind Zavala to Rank 50. I think I'm 29 at the moment.

Solstice Greaves (Resplendent) - Legendary - Titan - Legs: Achieve the Legend rank in the Valor Crucible rankings

:sherlock:

The bounties should make grinding the Vanguard to level 50 a bit easier, - you get five a day, and they really don't seem to require you to do anything other than play the game as you normally would. The price of entry is just going to the tower. They really should have just had them as daily challenges rather than as bounties you have to go and pick up.

I kind of wish they'd introduced bounties for the faction rally. Something, anything, to break up the monotony of just doing public events and lost sectors over and over.

21 hours ago, KartoffelKopf said:

If you can find a couple of others to farm a prestige nightfall, that might actually be quicker. Stick on a burn and heavyweight modifier and they are generally easier than strikes and net you a lot more tokens. Caveat being you are running the same strike over and over but you know, Destiny innit...

True dat!

Shame I think I've only seen one person online since being back, and annoyingly got on last night and IB had finished and there was nothing there to pull me in, so I tuned it off....Shame the magic only lasted a few days.

I haven't even completed the first raid!

Hmm, is it a common complaint about Destiny 2 that there's too much challenging content to do? It might become one.

TWAB contains some information about a bug that affects the ornaments you get when completing the new EoW prestige raid lair: the ornament requirements for armour gained from Eater aren't being displayed even after completing the prestige. So Bungie have listed them in TWAB:

• Head Armor Ornament: Complete Prestige “Leviathan, Eater of Worlds” and the Throne Challenge
  • Arms Armor Ornament: Complete Prestige “Leviathan, Eater of Worlds” and the Gardens Challenge
  • Chest Armor Ornament: Complete Prestige “Leviathan, Eater of Worlds” and the Pools Challenge
  • Leg Armor Ornament: Complete Prestige “Leviathan, Eater of Worlds” and the Gauntlet Challenge
  • Class Item Ornament: Complete Prestige “Leviathan, Eater of Worlds”

It's probably because I haven't kept up with this stuff, but I had no idea you had to do all the challenges in Leviathan main to unlock the ornaments you get for completing a separate lair prestige. That's a hell of a lot of raiding to be done to get all the gear and tick all the boxes, and that's before we've even got into the new stuff to do from July 31st.

2 hours ago, Gorf King said:

Hmm, is it a common complaint about Destiny 2 that there's too much challenging content to do? It might become one.

Completely Heroic Strikes at level 345 seems pretty fecking hard at times.

Me and this other fella were on a boss for ages until a 381 level player hopped in and seemed to wipe the floor with him.

I'm now stuck at this level unless I can raid by the looks of it, the other challenges on offer are right slogs.

You don't need to raid to progress, you just have to do the milestones each week (plus the prestige NF with all the modifiers turned to easy). Obviously it'll take longer to get to cap if you don't do the raids as well, but you're not actually stuck. It's only six weeks until the expansion now anyway, when blues will drop higher than the best stuff from prestige raid lairs. So that stuff's really only for people who want to squeeze all the content until it's dry.

Seems Bungie dropped a little hidden present in with this week's patch: Black Hammer. A few hours ago, a guy noticed an odd boss-type enemy appear during a Taken PE on Io, and killed it, and a portal appeared that took him into a time-limited lost sector (Ulan-Tan in Lost Oasis). He didn't get through it, but others following his post did, including Slayerage, who got a gun called Whisper of the Worm. People are comparing it to Black Spindle, but it actually has all the perks that Black Hammer had - including infinite ammo - so it's as powerful as the most powerful sniper ever to exist in the Destiny series.

More than that, getting it leads to the offer of a 400PL version of the same event, which gets you a catalyst. The catalyst gives you the Box Breathing perk, which means this weapon does everything the EP sniper does, plus has that infinite ammo. Erm.

Ben and I have been waiting for the right PE on Io for an hour and a half now, and are about to give up and turn it off - we only got one Taken PE to spawn and couldn't find the odd boss-type enemy. But if anyone fancies a go tomorrow morning, we're going to give it another go at 10am (or maybe a bit earlier). Be prepared for a long wait for the PE itself though, and what seems to be a difficult mission afterwards, which is time-limited just like Spindle's was. Five rooms, a bunch of jumping puzzles and then a boss (or several) I think, all within 20 mins.

Bonne chance.

Edit: lol. Three Cabal PEs in a row now. Fackin ell.

I was watching Teawrex's stream and yeah I can't see me ever bothering with it. The fact you have to wait around for the right public event is annoying enough and that coupled with the fact if you fail you have to wait around again just means I'm not arsed.

Got the Graviton Lance catalyst and completed it tonight. Glad that's over and done with.

Well, we managed to get another Taken PE in the end and found the target and killed him. We didn't get anywhere near the end of the special sector that followed though - it is basically lots and lots of jumping puzzles with some stuff that seems like trial and error blind jumping, and I hadn't watched any videos, so we fucked up plenty. No idea what the actual fights are like when you get to them, but I'll be giving it another go tomorrow morning. 

I will say one thing though - it felt like unearthing something hidden away and put behind lots of mysterious barriers - the sort of thing that used to be discovered in Destiny. A baffling journey that leads to what appears a mouth-wateringly powerful reward. And that'll do me, so I'll be back onto it in the morning.

I will also say that having to wait around for some unspecified period of time for the right PE to kick it off is absolute bullshit though. I can imagine this one will be failed over and over again, and having to wait hours for the chance to restart it is crap. At least you could just restart the Black Spindle event straight away if you didn't succeed. 

That's an excellent song. 

I lucked into an instance on Io that had the portal open and tried out some of the mission to see what it's like. Jumping puzzle stuff was pretty straight forward with the Lion Rampants then it seems to be a bunch or rooms where you have to clear out Taken.

3x Hunters bois. For the boss room they just sit at the start of the room before going near the taken rifts that push you about and just team shoot the boss - see 8:04 for when they do the boss room. They ran double arcstrider and one celestial goldie and just used the celestial for the boss and arcstriders for clearing adds. Kill a boss, then use both arcstriders to clear more adds, and repeat teamshooting a boss. You dont seem to need to run into the boss room other than to make some space to shoot the boss (destroy some blights and kill non-boss mobs). Sniper dropped at 381, so his power must have been 376 (if it drops at your current power level), and he says at the end of their run that they could have had more time left if they'd been higher power level (finishing it with about 50 odd seconds left).

Edit: Apparently Polaris Lance with DARCI/Arc Ikelos_SR is amazing for this at the end, due to all the solar and arc shielded guys in the last room.

Yeah if your Slayerage.

Here's how to get the chests and in what order to shoot the oracles to get the exotic ship. No combat involved with this one, but you need to complete the thing 3 times (once per week) afterwards to get the ship actually built.

• Uncle Mike changed the title to Destiny 2: Season of the Haunted. Solar refresh, more Leviathan.