Jump to content
IGNORED

Destiny 2: Season of the Haunted. Solar refresh, more Leviathan.


Uncle Mike
 Share

Recommended Posts

Torn between ‘haha cool they put a little bit of we-told-you-so code on the server so they could revert the changes once they proved to be unworkable’ and ‘what the fuck do you mean you can’t tweak any other numbers server-side’. 

 

Good, though, I guess? I’ve never made it past wave two anyway though I haven’t tried it for a couple of weeks. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'd have much preferred it if they'd facilitated bigger teams - just sixes if not nines - on the planet's surface, and left the difficulty alone. I completed it a few times at the weekend in a nine-man and it was great fun, mainly because of the scale of the endeavour (though the game engine was obviously stressed to fuck by it all). But I guess we all knew that was never to be - despite the fact that we all used to be able to load a six-stack into Venus for the start of VoG and then just piss off around the planet's patrol zones. Right? Don't see why they couldn't have built on that in the sequel, made it the basis of something more ambitious, instead of rolling it back to a more limiting state. But such is the story of much of D2.

 

Also, I'll wager a substantial sum of real-life money on DO winning next week's faction rally, for anyone fool enough to take the bet. Presumably someone who hasn't awoken to the glory of the Graviton. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thats a shame, as I also want the Sunshot catalyst. Guess we'll have to wait till the next faction rally (if then) to get that.

 

EP - Hmm. Wonder if people will hold off running it so hard now until the reset. I'd still like to do it this weekend, if only to see the new boss.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Nah - if people can put a nine together, they'll still run it, especially if they've beaten previous bosses. I'll still be happy to do it again in its current form if I'm around.

 

I haven't really got how Renown works. Is it on all the time in all activities that give faction rewards, once you pledge? Is it just like a debuff that stacks up to 5x as you complete activities and kill enemies, and only resets when you are killed? Looks like it, and if so, it'll make tackling next week's EP pretty hairy if everyone's pledged and stacked up. Until you get killed, of course, but that's not such a good idea in EP.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It seems like it starts, and increases, per public event, patrol or high value target (though they also mention lost sectors, so maybe that too?). If that's the case, then it should be easy to increase it, but keeping it at x5 will obviously be another matter.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Aye. But will it class Escalation as a public event (which it kind of is) if you're pledged, and consequently ramp up your stack as you kill things, thus making your health regeneration and damage fall, and the damage you take increase, until you die and then start the process again? Dunno.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Also on the Escalation changes, they say 'the moment this weekly update goes live, the Power levels for Escalation Protocol enemies will be lowered [...] Players who have stayed on Mars since before this update will need to return to Orbit and land on Mars again to see the following change [...]'. I thought they meant the update due this Tuesday, containing the faction rally announced immediately above the EP news, but now I read it again they might be referring to TWAB as the 'weekly update', so it's live now.

 

No idea - it's not very clear really, but I think they might have meant it's live tonight. There's an easy way to find out, I guess.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Gorf King said:

Also on the Escalation changes, they say 'the moment this weekly update goes live, the Power levels for Escalation Protocol enemies will be lowered [...] Players who have stayed on Mars since before this update will need to return to Orbit and land on Mars again to see the following change [...]'. I thought they meant the update due this Tuesday, containing the faction rally announced immediately above the EP news, but now I read it again they might be referring to TWAB as the 'weekly update', so it's live now.

 

No idea - it's not very clear really, but I think they might have meant it's live tonight. There's an easy way to find out, I guess.

I reckon its Tuesday myself.

 

Getting to wave 4 with randoms aint goinna happen, and LFG has no LFM at the moment, so I reckon its a weekend job.

 

Edit: I stand corrected, 2 LFM's just popped up.

 

Scratch all of that. You were right, its live now! Just got to wave 6 with rando's. Its way easier. Probably could have completed it if the warlocks were void instead of arc spec, and people had the right loadouts.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I would really have preferred them to alter the rewards so there was some point in doing the lower waves before your power is high enough to do a 370 activity, or maybe even lower the requirements for the first wave or two. As it is now you still need to grind other stuff for weeks to even try it, and when you get to the level where you can have a go at the first few waves there’s no reward anyway. In the only actual new mode added in a paid DLC.

 

TBH I haven’t played for two weeks, none of the upcoming changes sound interesting and I’ll probanly uninstall when I need the Hard Drive space for something else. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Lyrical Donut said:

Much thanks to @Nate Dogg III for carrying me through this week's Nightfall. Not just by doubling my kill stats, but through the means of soothing party chat throughout the strike. You da best.

 

Less Super Turbo, more Destiny 2.

 

  Hide contents

 


We should totally play some Super Turbo, though, tbh.
 

 

 

You neglect to mention that it took us an hour and 20 minutes! 270 power my arse.

 

I have no real feelings on the EP changes because as Broker says it's just not rewarding enough, and it's a crapshoot without a premade team, so as a predominantly solo player these days I'm unlikely to play it. I still have to get 10 round clears on the Ana questline so I'll maybe jump in over the weekend and see if it's any better/busier now, but as with Heroics I think it should have a chance of dropping gear up to the recommended power requirement of 370, or even 365, just as a bit of a carrot. I've only just hit 360 on one of my characters, and at this rate it'll be another four weeks of milestones before I'm even at the suggested level for the first few waves. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Having exotic catalysts in the faction rallies, and making it so that you can't change faction mid-rally, is a pretty good way of making them meaningful. I actually want all of those catalysts, especially Sweet Business, so am tempted to go against the grain and join New Monarchy. Have Bungie said how you unlock the catalyst? Is it a drop you get at rank-up?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, K said:

50?! Fucking hell. I like having stuff to do in the game, but I also like doing stuff that isn't Destiny 2.

 

All depends on how the Renown thing works, though. If you're getting ten tokens from Lost Sectors instead of a couple then level 50 doesn't seem so bad. 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I really hope that Reef teaser really means we're getting a new version of Prison of Elders. Escalation Protocol just feels like a bit of a mess and like it was put together at the last minute as a quick afterthought or something.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Mr Ben said:

Scratch all of that. You were right, its live now! Just got to wave 6 with rando's. Its way easier. Probably could have completed it if the warlocks were void instead of arc spec, and people had the right loadouts.

 

Just did three completions this morning, two for my Warlock and one for my Hunter. Poor Titan doesn't have any yet, so I'll have to go hunting for a group who need the unwanted stepchild this evening (most groups want slowva, slowva, slowva, as you can imagine). It's a hell of a lot easier than it was previously; mainly due, of course, to the later waves being scaled down considerably. The last boss melted embarrassingly quickly after a boop, a bop, and a few novas. It felt like burning down a quick strike boss (in a nine, that is. Obviously it'll be significantly harder with fewer players, but I can't see people letting go of the nine-man setups any time soon, especially when the drop rate for the weapons is so amazingly low - farming respects efficiency (I haven't had any weapon drops over 8 'actual' completions, and through countless 3, 5 and 7 chests I've yet to see a cosmetic item either)).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I still can't see how I'll get there for a few weeks yet, with the amount I'm playing. I can't help feeling a bit left out as a Titan at present, either. It all seems very Warlock focussed.

 

On a slightly different note, am I building up any double work doing the Resonant Stem/Override Frequencies as I get them? I assume there's going to be a quest at some point asking me to do them. Will it remember the ones I've already done?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Uncle Mike said:

I still can't see how I'll get there for a few weeks yet, with the amount I'm playing. I can't help feeling a bit left out as a Titan at present, either. It all seems very Warlock focussed.

 

On a slightly different note, am I building up any double work doing the Resonant Stem/Override Frequencies as I get them? I assume there's going to be a quest at some point asking me to do them. Will it remember the ones I've already done?

Possibly will as you need to have a specific thing equipped for the Stem admin to count as part of a quest? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It doesn't matter. One of the annoying things about sleeper nodes (which is what you need the override frequencies to find, which are each made of four resonate stems) is that they are pure RNG. Once you unlock one sleeper node, and make another override frequency, it might make one that finds a node you've already unlocked. I've had countless duplicates, and the only way to track them is to keep some sort of list (there's a spreadsheet on google docs). So doing, say, thirty of them still leave the possibility of getting all of them all over again. Indeed, there's obviously an increasing likelihood of getting duplicates the more you've unlocked. They're not like the 45 lost memory fragments, which actually disappear once you've shot them.

 

This is why I've bothered to do all the memory fragments, but not the sleeper nodes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Gorf King said:

 

Just did three completions this morning, two for my Warlock and one for my Hunter. Poor Titan doesn't have any yet, so I'll have to go hunting for a group who need the unwanted stepchild this evening (most groups want slowva, slowva, slowva, as you can imagine). It's a hell of a lot easier than it was previously; mainly due, of course, to the later waves being scaled down considerably. The last boss melted embarrassingly quickly after a boop, a bop, and a few novas. It felt like burning down a quick strike boss (in a nine, that is. Obviously it'll be significantly harder with fewer players, but I can't see people letting go of the nine-man setups any time soon, especially when the drop rate for the weapons is so amazingly low - farming respects efficiency (I haven't had any weapon drops over 8 'actual' completions, and through countless 3, 5 and 7 chests I've yet to see a cosmetic item either)).

I only did it on the Titan, and it was a ballache to get a group as no-one ever wants Titans. I'll be up for doing it again though on my Warlock or Hunter just to get some power.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Mr Ben said:

I only did it on the Titan, and it was a ballache to get a group as no-one ever wants Titans. I'll be up for doing it again though on my Warlock or Hunter just to get some power.

 

Well, there's plenty of people just farming for weapons now. I just did it with five others (just formed spontaneously and then split teams) and the last boss went down really easy with a six. Invited you into the party once I saw you were on but it looks like you're in an LFG. I've quit now anyway after the chests and another run for good luck - I don't think I'm cut out to be a weapon farmer.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah, they do want Titans. it's just that they want slightly more Warlocks. Which makes sense, obviously.

 

If people keep using larger groups (5/6 or more) then I don't think they'll care as much about that from now on, because with the bosses not being 400 power, booping them for a debuff, and therefore concentrating on void damage, becomes less necessary. Still very efficient, but far less necessary.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Uncle Mike changed the title to Destiny 2: Season of the Haunted. Solar refresh, more Leviathan.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   1 member

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.