Jump to content

Destiny 2: Season of Plunder! Arrrrrc 3.0. Lightfall out 28/02/23


Uncle Mike
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, moosegrinder said:

What's with the person who needs to be defended/killed?


They got a kill streak which leads to the hunt or whatever it’s called buff and they become primed.

 

The person who gets it gets to move faster and deals more damage and abilities charge faster. The rest of team also get a buff. The person who is primed has to get a kill every 15 seconds or they explode (die).

 

Its a bit odd but makes it a bit more interesting than clash.

 

The return of Iron Banner and Arc 3.0 has also made me remember how much fun blink is!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, pledge said:

“Reach power level 1570” challenge

 

Wasn’t that the base level this season anyway?


No base is still 1350. The soft cap is 1540 I think. 1570 is current hard cap so need Pinacles to get to 1580 and current max.

 

1570 was last seasons max level (so what you started at if you were max light level last season).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Broker said:

Is iron banner over, was it just on for one week? 

It’s always just a week at time. I managed to gain the iron banner seal and then also gild the title which didn’t take as long as I expected given how bad I am. Tanked my already awful k/d trying to get the bow medal (and still didn’t)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, pledge said:

It’s always just a week at time. I managed to gain the iron banner seal and then also gild the title which didn’t take as long as I expected given how bad I am. Tanked my already awful k/d trying to get the bow medal (and still didn’t)


Yeah I think Deadeye has probably fucked my KDR for the whole season. 
 

I got everything for the iron banner seal except that I’ve only reset the rank once, but I guess I can do that next time. Only just managed to get to one reset in the week whilst working though, definitely couldn’t have managed two and gotten the emblem. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 06/08/2022 at 19:55, Broker said:

It says it’s a recommended 1350, I’m 1574 and getting nowhere solo :lol:

Yeah that 1350 is bullshit, I managed it solo, eventually, once you get through the lift section and the ogres it's not too had. The gun is worth it imo.

 

Master dungeons, how do you access them? I did one through firetrap search, GoA, but i can't seem to find others. Do I need to re-do them on normal first?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, McFly said:

Yeah that 1350 is bullshit, I managed it solo, eventually, once you get through the lift section and the ogres it's not too had. The gun is worth it imo.

 

Master dungeons, how do you access them? I did one through firetrap search, GoA, but i can't seem to find others. Do I need to re-do them on normal first?


Think it’s only the last two that has hard modes if I remember correctly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Booted this up last night after not playing it for a long time. 3 required updates later and I have no idea what I’m doing any more. 
 

last dlc I bought was the Forsaken pack. Is the platinum still obtainable? 
 

Anyone want to help me team up?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Anyone else's haunted sector playlist challenge/bounties not updating? I got 1 added this morning but no more. New armour sets and "mechabre" are pretty cool.

 

Edit. I was quitting too early 😕

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Seems like a weird choice to dump a god roll of the new sniper on you when you first get it. I guess maybe people will want a different roll for PVE but PvP wise they’ve completely eliminated the need to chase a good version of it. Seems like it would’ve made more sense to drop that for getting all the pages or something. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Make sure your inventory is not full to avoid what happened to me. The manifest pages just vanish and don't go to postmaster, and you also lose the spectral page too.

 

Whilst I'm complaining, the way they've made ruffians only spawn if you do the expedition really slowly is dumb.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am so bloody sick of Ruffians and Expedition.

 

Ground the triumph out at the weekend to kill 50 of the gits (you need to LFG as they don’t spawn quick enough in matchmaking and your idiot team mates will have collected all the treasure before they even arrive) as I only needed that and the get all the star chart upgrades triumph for the seasonal title.

 

Christ it’s dull.

 

Logged in yesterday to see what the challenges for repute were going to be this week…
 

Kill 10 Ruffians 😭😭

 

Oh and there better be another at least another 4 repute challenges before season end as I really really really don’t want to have to level 3 shaped seasonal weapons to level 10 (as they are all a bit pants really…apart from the machine gun).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, pledge said:

Whilst I'm complaining, the way they've made ruffians only spawn if you do the expedition really slowly is dumb.

Almost everything about this season is dumb. At first I was loving it, but now there's nothing to it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Thor said:

Almost everything about this season is dumb. At first I was loving it, but now there's nothing to it. 


Yeah it’s been a disappointing season overall, Ketchcrash is great and the master mode was a real challenge early season but Expedition is pure filler and the Pirate story missions turned out to be 5 minute walkovers at best.
 

Haunted might have had a dull as dishwater main co-op mechanic but turns out I undervalued having a new patrol area with various secret stuff and actually having a decent weekly story mission (and a story for that matter) as a seasonal hook.

 

Obviously I’ve still wasted 40 hours or so of my life playing it to get to 1580, clear the seasonal story, finish the battle pass and I will get that bloody seasonal title but I think I’m out after this until Lightfall. Game desperately needs some new content.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think the season’s been okay, but given how woeful my seasonal challenge (and artifact unlock) progress is, I don’t think it’s grabbed me as much as the others. I’ve enjoyed the story/dialogue, and new Arc things are fun as a Titan, but it hasn’t consumed as much of my gaming time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, dreamylittledream said:

I really really really don’t want to have to level 3 shaped seasonal weapons to level 10 (as they are all a bit pants really…apart from the machine gun).

 

The scout and sidearm with Voltshot on are absolutely brilliant for Arc 3.0, I've crafted a scout with Voltshot/Demo and it's just bonkers. 

 

This is the first season I've played properly for a while and yeah, Ketchcrash and Expeditions lost their appeal weeks ago. I've no interest in titles or any of that guff and they've made it very easy to walk away from, with no pinnacles on offer unless you run Master with a team, and no high-stat armour source either. Think I need one or two more red-bar sidearms for the pattern and then I can ditch them forever.

 

The pinnacle climb is very weird for a solo player. There's so much game there these days yet as soon as you hit hard cap it's pretty much just strikes, gambit, crucible, 100k nightfall and preservation. I feel like an f2p player almost, with all these walls up everywhere dictating what I can and can't do. Obviously I understand they'd want to encourage people to form teams but they've turned the dial a bit too far at the moment. That quest step the other week where you had to kill 50 champions, but kills in Master Ketchcrash counted for four kills... ugh. Stop it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Nate Dogg III said:

 

The scout and sidearm with Voltshot on are absolutely brilliant for Arc 3.0, I've crafted a scout with Voltshot/Demo and it's just bonkers. 

 

This is the first season I've played properly for a while and yeah, Ketchcrash and Expeditions lost their appeal weeks ago. I've no interest in titles or any of that guff and they've made it very easy to walk away from, with no pinnacles on offer unless you run Master with a team, and no high-stat armour source either. Think I need one or two more red-bar sidearms for the pattern and then I can ditch them forever.

 

The pinnacle climb is very weird for a solo player. There's so much game there these days yet as soon as you hit hard cap it's pretty much just strikes, gambit, crucible, 100k nightfall and preservation. I feel like an f2p player almost, with all these walls up everywhere dictating what I can and can't do. Obviously I understand they'd want to encourage people to form teams but they've turned the dial a bit too far at the moment. That quest step the other week where you had to kill 50 champions, but kills in Master Ketchcrash counted for four kills... ugh. Stop it. 


Been joining the master versions via the Destiny app. Totally anti-social, no one talks and maybe some people will have the right champion mods. It’s great. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've enjoyed what I've played. I'm 1891 with artefact and would like to see the story out but I doubt I'll get the title. I'd like it but over the last couple of days I realized I don't give a fuck about the cosmetics any more. I was trying to do Halloween events for Dead By Daylight and this and it's just..... eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehhhh. 

 

Pointless.

 

I feel I might be having a gaming midlife crisis. Send help.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The last season was a tough act to follow, but this one has been a bit soporific. The story is really weak - again, it's hard to match up to last season, with its proper story missions and high-concept, easy to follow plot line, but even taking that into account the narrative is just a mess of aliens with stupid names squabbling with each other.

 

The seasonal weapons and currency seem to be doled out really stingily as well. Even the seasonal exotic is a bit underwhelming. Still, it's nice to play other games for a bit.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I feel like they’re either bumping up against the limits of what destiny can be or are lacking in imagination, but I struggle to see the point of seasonal activities. They’re all so similar, just a set of rooms where your shoot stuff, maybe whilst standing in a circle, that it seems like a colossal waste of effort to add a new one each season. Mechanics wise the game seems to have about four ideas that they just recycle endlessly, and I can’t help but feel that it might make more sense to just iterate on one thing rather than add a new one each season. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Grind. It's all grind. Grind is addictive. People LOVE grind. I love it. But grind will also get tedious, and while I think Bungie have got life left in Destiny for ages yet they're absolutely going to need to do something different.

 

When it comes to Destiny I think Bungie are like Gromit on the train in The Wrong Trousers; they're laying the tracks as fast as they can so they don't derail. But it doesn't give them time to be creative or expand the scope of the game. The Sony deal will hopefully give them that breathing space and maybe we'll see some changes after Lightfall.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Broker said:

I feel like they’re either bumping up against the limits of what destiny can be or are lacking in imagination, but I struggle to see the point of seasonal activities. They’re all so similar, just a set of rooms where your shoot stuff, maybe whilst standing in a circle, that it seems like a colossal waste of effort to add a new one each season. Mechanics wise the game seems to have about four ideas that they just recycle endlessly, and I can’t help but feel that it might make more sense to just iterate on one thing rather than add a new one each season. 

 

I know it's extremely selfish, but I find it kind of awkward when they hit upon a seasonal activity that I enjoy and hammer every week - maybe even expediting my progress towards a seal - and then they throw it in the trash. "But the thing you had was really fun!" :D 

 

I know that I played a ton of Override and (don't laugh) Wrathborn Hunts. Ketchcrash is okay, but I don't know if I'd particularly miss it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It’s the fucking weapon crafting. They must’ve seen the metrics of how much longer they can keep people glued to their screen constantly popping Thralls just to get their poxy extra +1 range on an Enhanced Firing Line and went, lol, we’ll make them do it three times a week.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.