Destiny 2: Season of Plunder! Arrrrrc 3.0. Lightfall out 28/02/23

Uncle Mike

And Rhulk is dead. So that's pretty good.

Loved it overall. The third encounter is the best without doubt. Really well-placed, with those great little quiet rooms between the intense killings.

Been taking my time working through things and Preservation Pyramid is so awesome. The whole aesthetic of the pyramids and symbols is great, I gather the raid is the same so am looking forward to trying it sometime soon. 

Well worth the wait for WQ

Is there any statement from Bungie about their policy for vaulting DLC in future? I don't want to buy any more Destiny 2 DLC while there's a high probability it will be taken away from me in the next few years.

Is there some trick/cheese for Vox master I’m not aware of?

Got kicked from 2 pug attempts yesterday that seemed like going well (ignoring vehicles, range attacking goliaths)?

On 14/03/2022 at 05:22, routeburn said:

Is there any statement from Bungie about their policy for vaulting DLC in future? I don't want to buy any more Destiny 2 DLC while there's a high probability it will be taken away from me in the next few years.

Unlikely to be any changes to vaulting whilst as the game can’t keep growing and remain a manageable install size apart from anything else.

D2 is now effectively a subscription game, you are paying to play the current version of the game and that is subject to future change.

Ugh, I just did an entire character weeklies without realising I had max intel, so didn't progress the Operation Elbrus quest at all.

Also found out why I couldn't work out the rune puzzle on my first playthrough and then had no trouble since (until today again) - if you have exploding payloads it keeps also hitting extra runes and resetting it...

Periodically in the Throne World, you get spawns of Lucent Hive Executioners notified to you in the status feed. You find them, kill them, kill a boss that spawns. And then do that two more times. Then three Lightbearer Hive appear, and you kill them. Then a Deepsight node spawns, you activate that and use the new bit of world that appears to open a chest.

1 hour ago, Uncle Mike said:

Periodically in the Throne World, you get spawns of Lucent Hive Executioners notified to you in the status feed. You find them, kill them, kill a boss that spawns. And then do that two more times. Then three Lightbearer Hive appear, and you kill them. Then a Deepsight node spawns, you activate that and use the new bit of world that appears to open a chest.

OK thanks, I'd fought the glowing hive and got to the 3 bosses but they evacuated before I could finish them.  

I'm out of PvP once my Iron Banner bounties are done, but good gods is it fun baiting people to run past your invisible Hunter and stabbsing them up with the glaive. Same with using your 22 seconds of invisibility to run right round the back of people camping the towers in Vostok.

14 hours ago, carlospie said:

So I bought this. Iv played all the old expansion via gamepass, is there any point buying them at this point? Will it give more strike variety etc? 

If you don’t have Beyond Light you’ll lose access to the Statis class (which remains my favourite) but if you’ve already played the content then you are looking at a pair of strikes from BL and just one in Shadowkeep.

Its only really annoying if the Nightfall is a strike from an earlier DLC or you want some the weapons from that pack. That said I bought them all for buttons when I moved over the Steam because the Nightfall thing is annoying.

Played through the campaign of the Witch Queen yesterday. It wasn't without its charms. I was about to jack it all in and then I stumbled upon the legendary playthrough option and it's fantastic. 

20 hours ago, carlospie said:

I'm back playing this can I come back into rllmuk clan please? Is it stills active? Anyone fancy a VOG run at some point?

Link in sig. :) 

I've just caught up with the Sweet Sorrow quest. I hadn't played this for a while because of Elden Ring, so rather than have a bunch of quest steps spread across weekly resets the whole thing was available. Which meant that in one session I had 28 steps of "wow this quest is really pushing the PsiOps Battlegrounds game mode isn't it?", not knowing that it was supposed to be something you gradually return to each week. :facepalm:

Could be worse, could be grinding Wellspring for red borders.  At least it is relatively consistent now (weapon every other run, red in about three weapon drops).

Shame the seasonal isn't as consistent outside the one red border a week.  That Sweet Sorrow gun is incredible in PvP, I've got a tap the trigger drop that feels like a laser.

So another raid weekly objective and a double reset gambit one?

That might have killed my motivation to try to go for "full" season. They usually let you skip 1 or 2 but that's 2 raid and 2 rank reset ones :(

The rank resets are there every season, but raid ones are new. You only get bright dust for "full" and its not tied to a title or anything. I used to do it but there doesn't seem that much reward.  Is it known how many skips there are? You need 66 but it doesn't list the total available. As you said you don't need 100%, I'm kinda expecting the raid ones to be except as well as the grandmaster one.

1 hour ago, pledge said:

The rank resets are there every season, but raid ones are new. You only get bright dust for "full" and its not tied to a title or anything. I used to do it but there doesn't seem that much reward.  Is it known how many skips there are? You need 66 but it doesn't list the total available. As you said you don't need 100%, I'm kinda expecting the raid ones to be except as well as the grandmaster one.

In previous seasons you could "skip" two and still get the full reward.

So previously I'd skipped (say) the GM one and the Gambit reset one.

We don't know if it'll be 2 again (could be 4/6/whatever) but if it's the same they'll be more I want/need (although MIke's possibly thrown a raid bone :D) to skip than possible.

Which has made it feel "unachievable" in my head, so became "why bother" so has broken my FOMO doing weekly hamster wheels? If that makes sense.