Destiny 2: Season of Plunder! Arrrrrc 3.0. Lightfall out 28/02/23

Uncle Mike

9 hours ago, Thor said:

Finally got the campaign done on legendary thanks to one or two pointers from my old clan. :hat:

Great campaign though, now for the grind to level up! Also loving the void warlock. Contraverse Hold still reigns supreme, easily my favourite exotic armour in Destiny 2.

@mikeyl Sorry for ignoring your invite, I'm just off to bed after a long evening on this.

no worries was doing Deep stone Crypt for the extra power drops but swear it’s bugged because we were shit at it lol.

If anyone else completes the campaign on normal, and then goes back to do it on legendary (as I did) - If you complete the missions out of order and then are really confused and annoyed that you don't get the 1520 drop you need to go to Ikora in the tower. It doesn't seem to say this anywhere and she didn't have an icon on the map.

5 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

Whoever thought that pitch dark only lit by shooting the pustule things would be a good mechanic for a boss fight needs a punch in the fucking neck.

Ghosts? That's one of the toughest boss fights, arguably the toughest in the campaign.

1 hour ago, moosegrinder said:

Whoever thought that pitch dark only lit by shooting the pustule things would be a good mechanic for a boss fight needs a punch in the fucking neck.

Loved that fight. 

21 minutes ago, pledge said:

Yeah from my legendary run I’d say ghosts end boss was the hardest part. Too many more attempts than the final boss.

Hated that fight. Just kept getting wrecked. Gally had to come out for that one. 

Just unlocked the mod that suppresses enemies when you damage them with the Glaive. Ridiculous stabby stabby fun in Gambit particularly. Stab the mini-bosses once and they are blinded and weakened. Then when they die you go invisible. Profit!

Think this might be the best Destiny has ever been and if it’s the protracted development then I’m more than happy with them keeping a 15-18 months lead time for the big expansions.  

11 minutes ago, KartoffelKopf said:

Loved that fight. 

Hated that fight. Just kept getting wrecked. Gally had to come out for that one. 

Just unlocked the mod that suppresses enemies when you damage them with the Glaive. Ridiculous stabby stabby fun in Gambit particularly. Stab the mini-bosses once and they are blinded and weakened. Then when they die you go invisible. Profit!

Think this might be the best Destiny has ever been and if it’s the protracted development then I’m more than happy with them keeping a 15-18 months lead time for the big expansions.  

8 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

Oh so they're not the same fight. Balls. My patience is being tested as it is :( I've never been good at the fight and hide thing you have to do as a Warlock.

Er they are the same fight aren’t they? It happens twice towards the end of Ghosts but it’s the same mechanic both times you fight him.

I quite enjoyed it 

Before damage phase on smashing the last crystal it’s safe to just loiter and pick at everything. I don’t think he enters the side room. The ads are a pain once in the middle tho. It’s hectic yeah.

hey for those of you who played halo, is walking speed a lot slower in destiny? I went back to try to play the new campaign and I feel like I am controlling a tank. I may have wasted this money. I am not sure I can play destiny anymore. just the fact that there is no savepoint in the middle of a mission and you have to sit and play the 20 minutes without a break is enough to put me off these days. I also have less than zero clue what the fuck is going on in the story. and I have infinite primary ammo. 

14 hours ago, KartoffelKopf said:

Community: Hunters have no utility with Void 3.0!!! :quote:

Hunters:

8-)

Alright, it’s a glitch but running around with the Glaive and the suppression mod is pretty close. 

Oh my. Running a variation of this and it’s taken my Hunter cowardice levels off the map! Just permanent invis and permanent stun locks. What a farce.

Weapon crafting is a bit weird and not what I expected. 'Unlocking' the enhanced traits doesn't actually unlock them. If you insert it and then come back to reshape it and then decide to go back to the original trait you have you pay all over again, including an ascendant alloy which is rare as shit. I thought the whole point was that you would unlock everything for the weapon and it became 'your' weapon that you could hone to perfection? How you can you do that if you can't experiment with it?

I've used my Glaive pretty exclusively since WQ dropped and it is now lvl 16 and can't really do anything with at as I have 2 alloys. There about a dozen weapons to craft, I am in no danger of getting anywhere close to levelling them all up even if I had 100 of those alloy wotsits (but I can't anyway because I can only hold 10 at a time :rolleyes:). Bungie continue to be tone deaf as to what constitutes a fun grind for normal people and put these arbitrary currency gates in the for the lunatics who live their life inside the game.

It's fine, WQ is still amazing and Throneworld is the best new location since D2 launched but just a shame something that was one of the core features is likely to be something I largely ignore.

14 hours ago, Oz said:

hey for those of you who played halo, is walking speed a lot slower in destiny? I went back to try to play the new campaign and I feel like I am controlling a tank. I may have wasted this money. I am not sure I can play destiny anymore. just the fact that there is no savepoint in the middle of a mission and you have to sit and play the 20 minutes without a break is enough to put me off these days. I also have less than zero clue what the fuck is going on in the story. and I have infinite primary ammo. 

The walk/run speed seems fine to me, quicker than Halo really but I play a Hunter so mobility maxed as much as I can and I love having triple jump back.

No grapple shot is hard to get used to though if you’ve played a lot of Infinite recently.

The lack of save points is a ball ache given the length of the missions mind, can’t just have a quick play in the campaign.

The new story is relatively standalone from Beyond Light to be fair….can as ever be boiled down to there’s a new big bad and we have to stop them. Not really come across any canonical explanation for the Void changes as yet mine.

You also seem to get a checkpoint for more than one level at a time. Not sure if you get one for each but I had at least 3 when LFG people bailed on me at various points. Was able to resume all of them