IGNORED

Destiny 2: Season of Plunder! Arrrrrc 3.0. Lightfall out 28/02/23

Uncle Mike

It would be good if they could slot older missions into the campaign framework, there's so much good stuff that's just been vaulted. I can understand them locking whole locations away, but it wouldn't kill them to put one-offs like Zero Hour, Homecoming, Presage in there on rotation.

Has anyone noticed any older weapons being particularly "hot" under the new update? Presumably exotic pulse rifles like No Time to Explain or Outbreak Prime are going to be pretty savage.

I remember a lot of missions in Beyond Light, the one where you get the sword and the grenade launcher, the scope of the missions were so huge and expensive looking but they were one and done and you never go back there again. Incentives to go back may sort that out.

Was close to 1400 power last night after a shortish stint, I know the progress is going to slow as I try and get to 1520 (which I'm assuming is the entry point for contest mode) but feel I should just about get there. As for how I'm finding it, I probably should bump it up to Legendary, but I wanted to unlock all the shit (like the seasonal artifact) quickly. Really enjoying the warlock void builds, and that was always my favourite subclass so I'm liking the synergy you can get with all the aspects and whatnot. I'm a huge fan of vortex grenades and contraverse hold, but I'm not sure if the aspects bolster the effect from the CH gloves or not. 

Further testing required!!

@Thor Completing the campaign on Legendary drops a full set of 1520 blue armour so is a guaranteed entry to the raid. 

I don’t have the time of inclination to go day 1 raiding any more so not a massive deal but it does cut down on the pointless grinding to level. 

6 minutes ago, KartoffelKopf said:

@Thor Completing the campaign on Legendary drops a full set of 1520 blue armour so is a guaranteed entry to the raid. 

I don’t have the time of inclination to go day 1 raiding any more so not a massive deal but it does cut down on the pointless grinding to level. 

Blue armour?  Not purple?? Either way, I'm all over that!! 

1 hour ago, K said:

Has anyone noticed any older weapons being particularly "hot" under the new update? Presumably exotic pulse rifles like No Time to Explain or Outbreak Prime are going to be pretty savage.

Aren't old weapons missing a perk compared to new stuff? I've lost track of changes

I'm using Le Monarque - I'm not sure if the void changes/volatility interacts with it or it just feels like it. But it feels good

33 minutes ago, Thor said:

Blue armour?  Not purple?? Either way, I'm all over that!! 

Guaranteed a set of 1520 plus the upgrade modules to infuse them, but actually each campaign mission section spits out 2 upgrade modules along the way and you get a decent selection of new purple gear also. 1520 on a mix of decent gear at the end of the Legendary campaign is a given. Plus you'll have the artefact up to plus 6-10 also I'd guess.

Well the campaign was absolutely absolutely brilliant, just wait till you get to the end. Oh my! Spectacular campaign. It’s what Halo Infinite should’ve aimed for,(gunplay + levels + a story).

Gotta say, did 2/3rds of it solo and it is way more fun than as a team. Perfectly pitched challenge, not unfair, just got to pay attention. May even be easier, as a team you’re losing revive timers, more adds and too much chatter to really take it all in. Now time for the real grind to start!

6EA82813-F5A5-4EC4-BEBA-297E968489E8.png

Yep banged it out this evening. That was proper good. Now just the grind to go. A couple of pinch points solo legendary but overall really good and well balanced

(Nah lots of new routes open up at the end and there's more story to come)

Looking at your character - try the Exotic boots you got at the end. You have all 3 aspects then basically. You shred through things!

1 hour ago, Hexx said:

Yep banged it out this evening. That was proper good. Now just the grind to go. A couple of pinch points solo legendary but overall really good and well balanced

(Nah lots of new routes open up at the end and there's more story to come)

Looking at your character - try the Exotic boots you got at the end. You have all 3 aspects then basically. You shred through things!

Really wanted the boots but I accidentally picked the double turrets. But they’ll probably come in handy for the rough stuff.

I realise nwo that last night I was concentrating too much on power and not the gear I was using. All blues which were shit, no exotic armour/weapons, and no mods. 

Will sort that tonight because the game appears to chuck upgrade modules at you. 

I stocked up on module's while waiting for WQ and have burned through, 20 of my own plus another 10 or so from chests and Banshee. Such big jumps in power in items from the missions/quests its hard to know what to use them on. Some coolness weapons and armour though.

Don't judge me - but those new Universal Ornaments in the shop....

They're a silver bundle right now but they'll be on sale in rotation piece by piece for dust right?

Right?

That initial void glaive is ridiculous, I'm suppressing, I'm healing, I'm auto-reloading, I'm going invisible all the time, it basically turns Altars of Sorrow into Vermintide (now that I bound a thumb button to melee instead of constantly accidentally rolling the mouse wheel).

It's still bobbins in Legendary Campaign, though, the big boys in there just laugh at you and punch you to death.

47 minutes ago, Hexx said:

Don't judge me - but those new Universal Ornaments in the shop....

They're a silver bundle right now but they'll be on sale in rotation piece by piece for dust right?

Right?

Yes, it’ll cost you 6k per character for the whole set. 

I like the Hunter set but for those eyebrows, what were they thinking?

Even though I love the music in D2, and have all the soundtracks, at some point after months and months ago I must have turned it off during some grind and then completely forgotten the game even has music. So I've just completed the new campaign without it on and missed all the new tunes :facepalm: . Enjoying them all now on 2nd run through.

Glaive is so fun to use it feels like it levels itself (level 33 :ph34r:), I've just done my first Psi-ops thing and I'm going to have to say it again: Space Magic Vermintide

What are people crafting? I only just made my second weapon as I'd maxed out the resource you get from dismantling guns. The Likely Suspect fusion from the throne world feels like another Cartesian Co-ordinate. Pair it with the artifact mod which makes void ammo volatile when you pick up a void elemental well and it's boom time for 16 seconds at a time.

Finally got the campaign done on legendary thanks to one or two pointers from my old clan. :hat:

Great campaign though, now for the grind to level up! Also loving the void warlock. Contraverse Hold still reigns supreme, easily my favourite exotic armour in Destiny 2.

@mikeyl Sorry for ignoring your invite, I'm just off to bed after a long evening on this.

22 hours ago, pledge said:

Even though I love the music in D2, and have all the soundtracks, at some point after months and months ago I must have turned it off during some grind and then completely forgotten the game even has music. So I've just completed the new campaign without it on and missed all the new tunes :facepalm: . Enjoying them all now on 2nd run through.

:wub:

Anyone for Nightfall or new Exotic mission this weekeend?

• Uncle Mike changed the title to Destiny 2: Season of Plunder! Arrrrrc 3.0. Lightfall out 28/02/23