IGNORED

Destiny 2: Season of Plunder! Arrrrrc 3.0. Lightfall out 28/02/23

Uncle Mike

Got to admit, I'm not that fussed. I've got my name down for a review code (the notion of reviewing something like a Destiny expansion is hilarious) but if I don't get that I'm not sure I'll go in on it. I'll have to see how the FOMO is nearer the time.

hey just coming back to this after a couple of years and a bit surprised about how much things have changed. it will take me a while to get back up to speed and make sense of everything. for example, I noticed a bunch of women now work for bungie and one of them is "senior" designer? luckily everyone's still white. 

7 minutes ago, Doctor Shark said:

I have Destiny 2 Dying Light on PC. If I want to play on Xbox now, do I have to buy everything again? Start everything from scratch? 

Yes and No.

You do not have to start everything from scratch. You need to buy any expansions you want to play in each platform, but your characters can be used on both if you turn on cross save. Season pass also is cross platform.

7 hours ago, Hexx said:

Quick Q - they've not added any new final missions from season/story have they?

Last I did it was months ago and we'd found all the Techueyns "ready" to try to remove the worm

Nothing up to now. That could change tonight but I'm expecting a cutscene rather than a story mission. I think they've left it too late for the latter.

11 hours ago, Scruff said:

Nothing up to now. That could change tonight but I'm expecting a cutscene rather than a story mission. I think they've left it too late for the latter.

Wrong 😆

Nice little mission to end the season. I'm still missing the final radio message though.

5 hours ago, pledge said:

Wrong 😆

Nice little mission to end the season. I'm still missing the final radio message though.

There's no prompt or indicator that it's available, you just have to go activate the terminal for it in the HELM (and wait for ages for the triumph to pop, in my case).

Was the final mission buggy for anyone else? First attempt, one of the tomb ships got stuck in a rock, softlocking it. Second attempt, the quest step didn't progress after the in final cutscene played in full. Third attempt joined me to one which was just starting the bit after the Blind Well, I skipped the cutscene (which TIL skipped it for everyone), we revived back into the final room for about half a second, then the quest step popped.

4 hours ago, Nobuo's Organ said:

There's no prompt or indicator that it's available, you just have to go activate the terminal for it in the HELM (and wait for ages for the triumph to pop, in my case).

Was the final mission buggy for anyone else? First attempt, one of the tomb ships got stuck in a rock, softlocking it. Second attempt, the quest step didn't progress after the in final cutscene played in full. Third attempt joined me to one which was just starting the bit after the Blind Well, I skipped the cutscene (which TIL skipped it for everyone), we revived back into the final room for about half a second, then the quest step popped.

I think my problem is that I did the mission, but the quest didn't actually progress - even though I got the triumph. I tried loading into HELM multiple times before I realised it still said I'm on step 1.

I quite like where the story and setting is going for the next expansion and the like, but man Savathun isn't really all that cunning. I know they've sort of undercut this themselves by telling us all what was going to happen in Witch Queen, but still. It's not all that impressive.

• Uncle Mike changed the title to Destiny 2: Season of Plunder! Arrrrrc 3.0. Lightfall out 28/02/23