Destiny 2: Season of Plunder! Arrrrrc 3.0. Lightfall out 28/02/23

Uncle Mike

Just now, Kevvy Metal said:

How do you identify a Heroic public event over a normal one? 

Asking for a friend.

There are a set of specific circumstances that need to happen to evolve a normal PE to a heroic PE. For instance, the Fallen Walker one requires you to use the little arc orbs that the walker drops when injured, to open the force bubbles protecting the cannons inside. If you open them all before the walker is killed, a second one will drop down and make the event heroic.

Even though I know how the burning bubble one becomes heroic, I don't think I've ever seen it happen. Feels like the DPS required needs 2 people and most aren't that interested. With glimmer drill, walker and witches circles, you can do it solo easily enough.

3 minutes ago, Hexx said:

The Cabal Infiltraitor one seems the hardest by far

How do you Heroic the Blight one? I think I've got all the others figured out.

When a blight opens (NOT the big white orb hanging in the sky) step into it and step out again. You'll have a buff for four seconds (called Blight receding) which allows you to damage the white, hanging orb.  Rinse, repeat and use loads of heavy and eventually it'll vanish and some giant Blightwalker or something will pop out.

I would say the hardest one to solo to heroic is the servitor, purely because if you don't get the mini ones down quickly that's it and you could have been swarmed by adds or teleported before you can do anything.

Here's how to trigger Heroic mode on all public events :

Spoiler

Glimmer extraction 

Destroy the little generators at each of the three sites

Servitor 

Destroy all the little servitors when they appear 

Cabal injection

Destroy all the yellow vents on the machine (this one is really hard without a big group)

Witch ritual

Once you've killed the two witches, step into the green circles again and then shoot the crystal high up on either side of the portal

Vex construction 

Capture the three portals before 10 Vex sacrifice themselves 

Taken blight

Destroy all the mini blight portals - stepping in them gives you a debuff that allows you to harm them

Cabal mining excavation 

Shoot down the ship that flies past

Walkers

Use the arc ball things the Walker drops to lower the Shields surrounding the cannons. Each shield takes two balls  to lower. 

On 15/09/2017 at 13:14, tnman said:

The main PS4 clan is full.

You're very welcome to join the Xbox clan; you could struggle to find a game with clan members but we do have a couple PS4 members.

There are two other PS4 splinter clans here and here.

Whats the limit for clan members? We really need a proper second one instead of a few with fifteen people in each.

Can anyone else who has it please talk to me about the Wardcliff Coil please?

It looks absolutely hideous, has the worst recoil of any weapon I have ever used and I have no idea how many of the rockets it fires actually hit enemies or fly into the distance. But.... I love it. It almost feels like it belongs in a different game with its crazy, organic design but its so much fun filling the screen with fireworks when you use it. At times it seems to hit nothing then others it can wipe out every enemy coming at me, which is part of its charm because it's like rolling a dice on how effective it is going to be. 

Do the mini rockets auto-lock onto enemies? Is it better to treat its range like a shotgun and maximise the target size so none of the rockets miss? These questions are all part of a little personal side quest I have to figure out exactly what you are supposed to do with this ridiculous weapon :D

5 minutes ago, MardiganX said:

Can anyone else who has it please talk to me about the Wardcliff Coil please?

It looks absolutely hideous, has the worst recoil of any weapon I have ever used and I have no idea how many of the rockets it fires actually hit enemies or fly into the distance. But.... I love it. It almost feels like it belongs in a different game with its crazy, organic design but its so much fun filling the screen with fireworks when you use it. At times it seems to hit nothing then others it can wipe out every enemy coming at me, which is part of its charm because it's like rolling a dice on how effective it is going to be. 

Do the mini rockets auto-lock onto enemies? Is it better to treat its range like a shotgun and maximise the target size so none of the rockets miss? These questions are all part of a little personal side quest I have to figure out exactly what you are supposed to do with this ridiculous weapon :D

Here you go:

Wish I had it, it seems really fun for patrols.

3 hours ago, Broker said:

Whats the limit for clan members? We really need a proper second one instead of a few with fifteen people in each.

100 Destiny accounts.

If I do say so myself the Xbox One clan has been a great community since launch. I often see MUKO's grouped up. We welcome PS4 players but I am always conscious they may be better placed in a dedicated PS4 clan. Is that what you mean by 'proper'? A dedicated console approach?

Saw that rocket launcher for the first time today doing public events, a guy storms through blowing shit up and I was like what is that?!

Also I had a bunch of engrams to decode at the cryptarch and one of them was blue.

Thats not supposed to happen, is it?

Finished the campaign last night (with a couple of ‘mukkers, no less), and loved it to bits. Now I’m level 20 and the whole thing seems to have opened up considerably, with lots to work through. Is there is a decent guide to what I can do now? There’s engrams, legendary weapons, raids and all kinds of other stuff, and I feel like I’m spoilt for choice. I don’t want to regret dismantling something I might want later either!

11 minutes ago, Paulando said:

Finished the campaign last night (with a couple of ‘mukkers, no less), and loved it to bits. Now I’m level 20 and the whole thing seems to have opened up considerably, with lots to work through. Is there is a decent guide to what I can do now? There’s engrams, legendary weapons, raids and all kinds of other stuff, and I feel like I’m spoilt for choice. I don’t want to regret dismantling something I might want later either!

Keep all purple and yellow drops for now, until you work out what you want. 

Basically just keep playing the game, but I'd avoid doing any of the blue world quests that open up after the campaign for now. And try not to open the 'powerful gear' luminous engrams you get from vendors, as they'll give you a big bump. The other activities in the world will get you to 265 or so by just playing the game as it comes to you. After that you need to be a bit more selective if you want to be efficient about it. But for now, just play the thing how you want to, saving the most valuable activities and rewards for later on. 

33 minutes ago, Paulando said:

If you highlight a weapon/armour/whatever and click the right stick you'll "lock" it and this will prevent you dismantling something and regretting it later. I've done it with some of my stuff. Alternatively, just throw stuff in the vault rather than getting rid of it!

So is the Wardcliff Coil extremely rare? I did have a random guy message me the other night and I quote 'Where the fuck did you get that weapon?!' Hahaha. I am juggling my exotic weapon between that and the Graviton Lance but the Coil is a ridiculous beast of a weapon!