rllmuk
Gorf King

Destiny 2: Season of Opulence. No raid spoilers please.

Pre order GET! Went for the bog standard base edition in the end as I should be starting a new job and moving in with the missus around September so I doubt I'll be able to devote huge amounts of time to it... in the beginning :D

I've bought the Digital Fuckwit Edition of maybe four or five different games before, and I've always regretted it afterwards. Always. Bar once.

You can probably guess what the exception was.

Spoiler

Clue: It wasn't The Division.

Digital Fuckwit Edition ordered.

• Upvote 2

I've been on holiday and not properly reading everything. Which Digital Fuckwit Edition do I actually want? There's a normal one for normal money, one with a Season Pass, and one with a fuckwit emote, sword and emblem? So there's no gameplay reason to pay the extra tenner? (Who am I kidding. At least I'm not buying the fucking bag, rope and blanket.)

21 minutes ago, Broker said:

What's the least I have to pay to get the beta access?

3 minutes ago, ashmatuk said:

Preorder on amazon and then cancel after the beta?

That's what I did ;)

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Uncle Mike said:

At least I'm not buying the fucking bag, rope and blanket.)

But if you did, at least you have the rope for when you're overcome by shame for paying over 200 quid for the ugliest bag in the world and also a handy rug to protect the carpet for when all your muscles relax.

• Upvote 3

Via reddit, Bungie's communication to GameStop managers:

Spoiler

MyViL2H.jpg

qbFqleL.jpg

Key info:

When is the Destiny 2 release date?

Releases September 8th, 2017.

What platforms is Destiny 2 available on?

Available on PS4, Xbox One & PC both physically and digitally.

Why should I pre-order Destiny 2?

Pre-order Destiny 2 and you will have early access to our upcoming Beta* prior to it being open to the public. The full beta schedule, including early access prior and open beta dates will be announced at a later time. At GameStop you can also receive a Limited edition Cayde-6 Figurine*, while supplies last.

Do I need to own the original Destiny or any of its expansions?

No. Destiny 2 is a standalone game that doesn't require any prior content or knowledge of Destiny to play.

What happens to our current Guardians?

• What will carry forward?
    • When you log into Destiny 2 for the first time you will see that your character personalisation - class, race, gender, face, hair, and marking selections - for all characters that have achieved Level 20 and completed the Black Garden story mission will carry forward. Additionally, we plan to award veteran accounts with honours that reflect your Destiny 1 accomplishments.
  • What won't carry forward?
    • While your Destiny 2 era power, possessions, and Eververse-related items and currency will not carry forward, they will remain accessible to you in Destiny 1.

What is the Expansion Pass?

The Destiny 2 Expansion Pass includes reservations for both EXPANSION I and EXPANSION II, which will be released in Winter 2017 and Spring 2018, respectively. The Expansions offer brand new story missions, co-operative activities, competitive multiplayer, and a wealth of new weapons, armour, and gear.

[my emphasis]

Plus bonus blurb:

Spoiler

Hello again, GameStop!

In 2014, we launched Destiny on its voyage through our solar system. What began was a brand new adventure into a brave new world for Bungie has evolved to become a global phenomenon. For our first steps in the Cosmodrome to an age of triumph and remembrance, you have been our finest ally.

Now, we stand at the threshold of an entirely new journey. This year, we'll be introducing player to Destiny 2. Our goal is to take one of the biggest new video game franchise launches in the history of our industry and follow up it with a sequel worthy of the world we created. We're gearing up to make this the largest entertainment launch of this year. To achieve success, we'll need your help.

Destiny 2 is a new beginning. Everything about the game that has been entertained million of players will be bigger and better. Returning players will find a world that leads them faster into the action and equips with new awesome rewards. New players will have an easier time discovering the fun that has made Destiny a legendary game and making the friends that will keep them rooted in the finest community in gaming. More than ever, this will be a game where friendships are made.

We're telling a new story about the Guardians and their battle to defend their home. Favourite characters are set to return, and players will meet new heroes on their next voyage. The action will explode across a cinematic campaign that will lead players to new worlds and back home again.

All year long, we'll be revealing new threats, new places to explore, and new ways for Guardians to fight. Our first destination will be our own event dedicated to Destiny, where we'll unveil our bold plans for the future. We can't wait to share the details with our community and begin a conversation that will welcome new players to join them.

As always, players who pre-order Destiny will be rewarded. A figurine of Cayde-6, everyone's favourite Hunter, will stand proudly on the shelves of our players. A pre-order of Destiny 2 will also grant players early access to a Beta* to be held later on this year.

It's an exciting time for us. We hope you're excited too. We'll see you soon as we travel the world to talk about Destiny 2.

Love, Bungie.

• Upvote 8

Has to be digital only, I have put over 500 hours into the 1st game CBA to insert a game disc everytime I want/need to play.

1 hour ago, gospvg said:

Has to be digital only, I have put over 500 hours into the 1st game CBA to insert a game disc everytime I want/need to play.

Just do what I did and never take it out.

• Upvote 2

58 minutes ago, Weavus said:

Just do what I did and never take it out.

Kids, Minecraft, Lego Worlds, Disney Infinity etc etc, digital it is then ;)

On 03/04/2017 at 10:45, Shimmyhill said:

Any comment on cross play, I know its unlikely and while PVE together would be cool we obv don't want dirty PC players in PVP!?

I thought you'd be happy to have your ginger hair turned white when you actually have to fight people with a bit of skill in crucible ;)

8 minutes ago, Scruff said:

I thought you'd be happy to have your ginger hair turned white when you actually have to fight people with a bit of skill in crucible ;)

'Skill'

Mouse and keyboard isn't skill m88888888

16 minutes ago, clippa said:

I pretty much can't be arsed with online vs these days. It's too much pressure :lol:

Had a good session with my sons yesterday on Control, they have the lightning fast reactions to get 2.0 K/D ratio or above where I get way below 1.0 every match but I was happy running around capturing the zones & always finished the match with the most zones captured. PvP is good fun in a fireteam, you can play to each other strengths.

Absolutely no way they'll cross the streams in PVP, they're not that daft.

@clippa You can hit the level cap while only playing PVE, yeah. In Destiny 1, anyway. There are regular PVP events that offer theoretically faster routes to the max, but if you're not interested you don't need them at all. I barely played PVP at all for most of year one, and always had at least one character at the cap. In year two I played a bunch of crucible, and had all three chars at max. It's quicker and easier (and fun, mostly!) but you don't need it at all.

Looking forward to the game reveal on Thursday. I'm done with the first game now unless they add-in any more content to sign it off.

Got to believe that Bungie have learnt from the first game & this game will knock it out of the park.

Either way I'm paid up for a digital pre-order.

Just now, gospvg said:

Got to believe that Bungie have learnt from the first game & this game will knock it out if the park.

Either way I'm paid up for a digital pre-order.

I've never been more frightened of what a game reveal might mean for my personal life. I think they will nail it. and it will ruin my marriage. :(

• Upvote 1

It's the games I won't play that I feel sorry for, there are going to be some casualties because of this addiction. Shadow of Mordor 2 any other time I would buy on release but mere days before Destiny 2 no chance it is not going to happen.

I'm hoping to blitz through Horizon Zero Dawn, Persona 5, FFXV & XCom2 before Destiny 2 is released. Anything I don't will get left behind.

I also hoping RDR2 is delayed until 2018.