rllmuk
Gorf King

Destiny 2: Season of Opulence. No raid spoilers please.

Same here, I got a bit further to the giddy and massively annoying heights of forever 29, never 30, and gave up after a while.

Digital deluxe pre-order confirmed then. ;)

• Upvote 1

I am so getting this, but question for those in the know.

I got the US digital version last time, cos it was cheaper and I'm tight.  If I go UK for 2, I should still be able to carry my base character over, right? It's not really going to affect anything.

Basically, I didn't consider the country dumb enough to fuck the pound three years ago. Live and learn I guess.

When this is released I want to go through the rubble at the Tower to find my baby, the IceBreaker.

Just now, Wishdokta said:

Cayde figure looks to be Game exclusive for UK.

Will pick it up on fleabay, convience of digital wins out.

1 minute ago, BruceBruce said:

Oh wow it's getting a PC release, nice.

Wonder if they have any intention of bringing the first one to PC, for those who never got to play it?

Doubt it.

6 minutes ago, HarryBizzle said:

Are people just preordering because of the £10 cash back (fair enough) or is there some other reason to preorder it this far in advance?

I'll probably wait until they show more of it.

There is a PS4 beta in June.

On 30/03/2017 at 20:20, HarryBizzle said:

Are people just preordering because of the £10 cash back (fair enough) or is there some other reason to preorder it this far in advance?

I'll probably wait until they show more of it.

The £10 back is part of it. The possible further crash in the pound is another. But another big part is that for people who've really been into Destiny for the past 2.5 years (I'm still playing it right now in fact) it's pretty much a day one purchase certainty. Two factors there are that a beta is likely to show nothing much of the game that we love if Destiny 1 is anything to go by (it was all about the end game content - the raids and some of the end game in expansions). So waiting for the beta likely won't confirm or deny whether it'll be worth 2.5 years of gameplay. The early-game stuff is likely to be far less compelling.

The other is, you miss day one, you miss getting into the game when it's vital. Waiting for reviews is not really an option if you want to get the full buzz of, say, a new raid that you have to solve yourself for the first time when it's fresh. Coming in later, you just miss out on the best part of it.

So yeah, for many people this is a confirmed purchase regardless of when you do it, so you might as well do it now. The early beta access and £10 cash back are just nice bonuses.

• Upvote 7

Apologies if it's been asked before but is this a worldwide release date or do we get stiffed by 2 or 3 days as usual? If so, it may swing my purchase to PC where it can be VPN'd.

2 minutes ago, Scruff said:

Apologies if it's been asked before but is this a worldwide release date or do we get stiffed by 2 or 3 days as usual? If so, it may swing my purchase to PC where it can be VPN'd.

PC it!

7 minutes ago, Scruff said:

It'll be worldwide release.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Captain LeChuck said:

And amazing Destiny community. All 12 of them. :facepalm:  

Have you ever played Destiny on Xbox? ;)

I've never had a problem with the community. I've had great times playing it with Spike, Slicker, Moose, and others; and great times playing with randoms.

Years of having Xbox as my primary platform has given me a preference for the controller, especially as the 360 controller was so good and the SIXAXIS/DS3 so shite.

The Xbox One's standard pad may not be as great as the 360 pad, but I still prefer it to the DS4 for its layout and its weight and feel. Plus, as I have an Elite pad, there's no way I'd want to use anything else for a shooter.

I can wait for the timed exclusive stuff...

Aww man I'm really torn on if I should get it on PS4 or PC. My PC is pretty beefy as I spent a shit load on it for my Oculus but I'd really miss all the PS4 players from D1. I'll most likely get it on PS4 for the rllmukers community but I really wish it was a cloud save which could transfer between platforms... but the chances of that are near zero :(

21 minutes ago, Spacehost said:

I thought I'd preorder the Destiny 2 super edition but apparently it's 220 MOTHERFUCKING POUNDS. I could buy Destiny 2 and AN ACTUAL GJALLARHORN for that.

You certainly can. $149.99 gets you this beauty:

Photo-Feb-17-12-18-16-PM.thumb.jpg.4bd4fc7623c0858bd484a090e7c210d9.jpg.2ddbf91f63f704289e2118b76893eaaa.jpg

• Upvote 3