Gorf King

Destiny 2 - Mysterious Handcannon Quest 29 January

Xbox pre-orders up (limited edition $99.99): https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/p/Destiny-2-Digital-Deluxe/BP4XX4CKFN74

Description same as the rumoured text (but in better English):

Pre-order and be one of the first to play the game with Early Beta Access.*

Get the ultimate Destiny 2 experience with the Digital Deluxe Edition. Includes a copy of Destiny 2, premium digital content, and the Expansion Pass to continue your Guardian’s legend.

Premium digital content includes a Legendary Sword, Legendary Player Emote, and a Cabal Themed emblem. Expansion Pass: The Destiny 2 Expansion Pass grants access to both Expansion I and Expansion II, offering brand new story missions, cooperative activities, competitive multiplayer, and a wealth of new weapons, armor, and gear.

About the game: From the makers of the acclaimed hit game Destiny, comes the much-anticipated sequel. An action shooter that takes you on an epic journey across the solar system.

Humanity’s last safe city has fallen to an overwhelming invasion force, led by Ghaul, the imposing commander of the brutal Red Legion. He has stripped the city’s Guardians of their power, and forced the survivors to flee. You will venture to mysterious, unexplored worlds of our solar system to discover an arsenal of weapons and devastating new combat abilities. To defeat the Red Legion and confront Ghaul, you must reunite humanity’s scattered heroes, stand together, and fight back to reclaim our home.

*Beta launch date(s) TBD. See destinythegame.com/beta for details.

The writers meetings must have gone something like this...

"How can we inject a bit of personality into the series?"

"Lets turn Cayde into Poochie!"

He was already pretty much like that after TTK, to be fair.

Also pre-orderable now on PS4 (https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-gb/games/destiny-2-standard-edition/cid=EP0002-CUSA06172_00-DESTINY2PREORDER - standard, https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-gb/games/destiny-2-digital-deluxe-edition/cid=EP0002-CUSA06172_00-DESTINY2DELUXPRE LE).

PC release also confirmed.

Gameplay reveal on May 18.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Banjaxed said:

Will the spend £50 in March get £10 back in April work with this? Brings that digital price down nicely if it does. 

It says "IMMEDIATE PAYMENT REQUIRED", so it should.

• Upvote 1

Yup.

Also, the text of the physical Collector's Edition seems to reveal a new NPC:

The Destiny 2 – Collector’s Edition offers the ultimate collection of physical and digital items.

It Includes the Destiny 2 base game, a fully-wearable Destiny 2 – Frontier Bag, Expansion Pass, premium digital content, and a Cabal-themed Collector’s Box.

Born in the City, Hawthorne left as a teen to seek a life of freedom in the wilderness outside the safety of our walls. She has survived for years outside of Guardians’ protection, and has come to learn her true purpose: To provide shelter to humanity by helping them not only survive, but lead a better way of life. This is a frontier bag, as worn by Hawthorne. In it, you will find tools and a place to store the valuable equipment you uncover on your own adventures.

About the game:

From the makers of the acclaimed hit game Destiny, comes the much-anticipated sequel. An action shooter that takes you on an epic journey across the solar system. Humanity’s last safe city has fallen to an overwhelming invasion force, led by Ghaul, the imposing commander of the brutal Red Legion. He has stripped the city’s Guardians of their power, and forced the survivors to flee. You will venture to mysterious, unexplored worlds of our solar system to discover an arsenal of weapons and devastating new combat abilities.

To defeat the Red Legion and confront Ghaul, you must reunite humanity’s scattered heroes, stand together, and fight back to reclaim our home.

Includes:

- Destiny 2 base game

- Destiny 2 Expansion Pass: Get access to both Expansion I and Expansion II, offering brand new story missions, cooperative activities, competitive multiplayer, and a wealth of new weapons, armor, and gear.

- Premium digital content:

- Legendary Sword

- Legendary Player Emote

- Cabal Empire Themed Emblem

- Destiny 2 – Frontier Bag - Customizable bag that can be worn as a backpack or messenger bag - 15” Laptop/Tablet Sleeve with protective pocket slip

- Frontier Kit, featuring: - Solar panel USB charger with built-in light - Paracord - Solar blanket - Limited Edition Steelbook Case 

- Cabal-themed Collector’s Box, containing; - Booklet with secrets into the Cabal Empire - Cabal Schematic - Collectible Postcard Images - Cabal Military Pawns

9 minutes ago, Ferine said:

It says "IMMEDIATE PAYMENT REQUIRED", so it should.

As exorbitant though £54.99 might seem for a new game preorder, when Brexit's wrapped up, this minus £10.00 might one day seem a bargain. I am (unsurprisingly) in.

That bag looks absolutely fucking mad. It's like a blind person made a handbag, and the only materials to hand were the Sixth Doctor's coat and a soda stream.

• Upvote 7

I paid eighty quid for an expansion pack because it had a Real Strange Coin in it, but even I, the best at liking Destiny, would draw the line at that bag, depending on how much it costs.

• Upvote 2

Kinell, were you one of the Strange Coiners? 

I ain't getting that CE. No siree. Digital all the way.

(£89.99 edition. Aw c'mon - we all know the expansions will easily be worth £40. Right?)

7 minutes ago, Gorf King said:

Kinell, were you one of the Strange Coiners? 

I ain't getting that CE. No siree. Digital all the way.

(£89.99 edition. Aw c'mon - we all know the expansions will easily be worth £40. Right?)

No.

But we'll all buy them anyway so might as well get that edition.

3 hours ago, K said:

I don't know what a paracord is, but I assume your typical Dead Island de-limbed dead bikini-model statuess owner can use it to restrain one of their involuntary houseguests.

50 shades of Ikora Rey

• Upvote 1

I did, yes. I justified buying the original special edition of Destiny because it had the expansions, and they were £20 each; I justified buying the expansion because it had a strange coin in it. Maybe I should get the bag and put the strange coin in it - who knows what wonders would ensue? My partner leaving me, probably.

• Upvote 2

I think it's more comfort blanket than rug. So yeah - it's great! You'll need it.

Btw, in the PSN store on the PS4 itself there's a 'Game + expansion pass' edition that's £79.99 as opposed to the £89.99 for the Digital Deluxe preorder. Far as I can see, all you miss out on is an emblem and a legendary crap sword and legendary crap emote.

Too late for me, alas, as I've already pre-ordered the Exclusive Emote (Fuckwit) Edition. Still, I console myself with the fact that by using Man Maths, the cdkeys credit minus £10 not-cashback only comes to £68.83. Come on though - that emote's going to be pretty fucking cool, right? I'm sure it'll keep my spirits up when grinding through the lacklustre base game and the two mind-numbingly misguided expansions, a.k.a. Now Walk Through This Corridor Backwards I and II.

• Upvote 5

1 minute ago, Gorf King said:

Btw, in the PSN store on the PS4 itself there's a 'Game + expansion pass' edition that's £79.99 as opposed to the £89.99 for the Digital Deluxe preorder. Far as I can see, all you miss out on is an emblem and a legendary crap sword and legendary crap emote.

Thanks for that. I'd just made it past the CD Keys step, so you saved me just in time.

Having spent the last 15 minutes contorting the facts to convince myself that spending £90 was sensible, £80 feels like a bargain!

6 minutes ago, Gorf King said:

Too late for me, alas, as I've already pre-ordered the Exclusive Emote (Fuckwit) Edition. Still, I console myself with the fact that by using Man Maths, the cdkeys credit minus £10 not-cashback only comes to £68.83. Come on though - that emote's going to be pretty fucking cool, right? I'm sure it'll keep my spirits up when grinding through the lacklustre base game and the two mind-numbingly misguided expansions, a.k.a. Now Walk Through This Corridor Backwards I and II.

Don't forget lord knows how many books that don't take what you've already done for 2-3 years into consideration.

I'll probably get the Digital Deluxe edition. Because I'm too lazy to get the disc out of the box again.

And you've sold me on that emote.

54 minutes ago, K said:

Holy shit, the limited edition does actually come with a rug.

Damm those rumors were true !! :)

clickbait Pah!

• Upvote 1

I pre-ordered the Digital Deluxe Edition of the first game, got bored while on the Moon and then didn't come back to the game until The Taken King was released and everything was cheaper for new people :doh:

I'm right in there for the Destiny 2 Digital Deluxe pre-order 8-) 

I pre-ordered the Digital Deluxe Edition of the first game, got bored while on the Moon and then didn't come back to the game until The Taken King was released and everything was cheaper for new people :doh:

I'm right in there for the Destiny 2 Digital Deluxe pre-order 8-) 

You can't buy memories, Tez*. And what memories we (well, not you) have!

Spoiler

recall-main.jpg?itok=k-NXgYy5

• Upvote 3