Gorf King

Destiny 2 - Mysterious Handcannon Quest 29 January

If you're just wanting to play each story/campaign, then go straight to the next one, there will likely be little gaps of power between them. Because just playing the campaign isn't going to take you to what was max power level at the time that DLC was current. So I'd say you're going to have to play content other than just the campaigns - strikes, all the other stuff that comes in the milestones/challenges/bounties etc. It shouldn't take too long to get to level for Forsaken though, given that anyone under PL 600 (?) gets far more generous powerful drops and prime engrams.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Mogster said:

I've been thinking about giving this another shot, seeing as I already own Forsaken, but I'm a bit lost at the moment. I finished the Osiris campaign a while ago and was going to jump straight into Warmind, but it turned out that I was massively under-levelled and under-powered. I started a few runs into the Infinite Forest and slowly started to creep up, but I got bored after a while and started playing something else.

Is there some quick way to progress in between the two expansions that I've missed, or do you just have to grind your way there?

You should have got a 'spark of light' with your copy of Forsaken. Go to the character select screen and hover over your character (see useless red circle below). You should be able to press square to skip all the Warmind stuff and it will take you to the beginning of the Forsaken campaign and level you to 500. All the various Warmind quests will be available from the Tower and you get some free engrams from Tess with various Warmind ships and armour and stuff.

Obviously if you WANT to do the Warmind campaign then you'll need to do the weekly stuff to level up but honestly, you're not missing much with the Warmind campaign. It lasts about an hour and you'll likely do all the missions and strikes as part of the powerful engram challenges anyway. Forsaken campaign is significantly more fun, I'd just go straight to that.

image.thumb.png.015bf0a8bcfcaf84c0e78f07de5f6d29.png

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, KartoffelKopf said:

You should have got a 'spark of light' with your copy of Forsaken. Go to the character select screen and hover over your character (see useless red circle below). You should be able to press square to skip all the Warmind stuff and it will take you to the beginning of the Forsaken campaign and level you to 500. All the various Warmind quests will be available from the Tower and you get some free engrams from Tess with various Warmind ships and armour and stuff.

Obviously if you WANT to do the Warmind campaign then you'll need to do the weekly stuff to level up but honestly, you're not missing much with the Warmind campaign. It lasts about an hour and you'll likely do all the missions and strikes as part of the powerful engram challenges anyway. Forsaken campaign is significantly more fun, I'd just go straight to that.

image.thumb.png.015bf0a8bcfcaf84c0e78f07de5f6d29.png

I thought the Spark of Light stopped you from playing the Vaillian, CoO, and Warmind campaigns (effectively flagging you as having "completed" them )

You're not missing much in either campaign though

Although you can still replay when they're the daily heroic story etc

Yeah, sorry, I wasn't clear there. it skips all campaign missions before Forsaken and marks them as complete.  You'll be lvl 30, Power 500 and ready to jump in to Forsaken.

When I say 'quests', I mean the post-campaign exotic quests from Warmind like Sleeper, Polaris, etc and the Braytech stuff. Basically you won't miss out on any 'gear' from Warmind so don't worry.

• Upvote 2

I should use my Spark of Light on an alt to get the Nascent Dawn 1/5

I only need one of the weapons for Wayfarer and it might break me :(

So none of my team can do the super hard version of the Pyrmidion (spe) because none of them have completed the next step of the mysterious box.

I did the Shattered Throne section but I can't continue until they catch up. I've tried it five time on my own and just can't beat the end guy and you get booted the moment you die.

It's shit and I've pretty much stopped playing Destiny because of it. Subnautica is fun. May go and complete Spiderman finally.