Gorf King

Destiny 2 - Mysterious Handcannon Quest 29 January

2 hours ago, Gorf King said:

then the boss drops 10 of those drops, and you can usually just skip to the boss second time for the full 20.

Is that guaranteed?  I'm sick of loading into Leviathan all the time.

I just do some Gambit.

"Don't worry guys I'll handle the orange/yellow bar Blockers! I'm a team player! There's nothing in this for me at all! Self sacrificing hero, that's me"

• Upvote 1
  • Empathy 1

Our couple of hours last night didn't clear the raid -- we didn't even finish first encounter (we got tactics I think, just need to practice. No hints please)

It's so much better than Leviathan

• Upvote 2

Good stuff. It is immensely better than Leviathan, and well worth persisting with blind if you can manage to stay that way. Lots of challenging stuff, and much frustration, lie ahead. Don't forget to go exploring when you get a chance.

Meanwhile, almost four days into the infamous symbols puzzle, still no-one's broken the seventh seal. Get ready for a massive facepalm at whatever the answer turns out to be.

Gonna be a really sweet emblem for the lucky winner tho.

5 minutes ago, Gorf King said:

Meanwhile, almost four days into the infamous symbols puzzle, still no-one's broken the seventh seal. Get ready for a massive facepalm at whatever the answer turns out to be.

Gonna be a really sweet emblem for the lucky winner tho.

So, you're saying you want a run at it tonight eh? Hey, with just the last seal to work out, forget about it.

Perhaps irrationally, but I am much more interested in all of the Destiny 2 DLC now than I was before this split.

Fuck me. I happened to tune into Gladd for one last try a few minutes ago, just out of curiosity, and they just this second cracked the seventh lock. Jesus. 

Emblem earned, lads. (Though arguably it should go equally to the Destiny raid secrets subreddit as they came up with the solution.)

Exotic ghost as well.

Right I want that, so we're doing it Sunday :lol:

Edit: TWAB's up.

This week at Bungie, the fourth forge was unlocked.  

But not in the way we intended. Sometimes at Bungie we try new things. On many occasions in the past, we have enjoyed watching as the community worked together to solve puzzles. That was the idea behind Niobe Labs. As the puzzle hunt started to drag on for too long, Guardians watched from the sidelines, eager to forge some new weapons. The feedback was clear: Puzzles are fun, but not when they gate content you were expecting to play. We’re flexible enough to change a plan when it’s not playing out as we had hoped, so we decided to give Annual Pass owners access to the Bergusia Forge. The final forge is open now!

Niobe Labs is still waiting to be solved (TWAB was put out before Gladd did it). Some of the clues in the Niobe Labs puzzle are not as clear as we intended. Our designers are looking into this and will have a clarifying update at 6pm PST. If you are still interested in helping solve it, keep an eye on our forum. We’ll share the link from @Bungie as well. 

We will be applying what we learned from this activity to experiences we’re creating for future releases.

Thanks for playing.

Class changes (supers mostly) - this is long! Coming on January 29:

Hunter

Gunslinger

Changes:

Golden Gun

Six-Shooter kills return a bullet

Practice Makes Perfect Super regen increased

Blade Barrage 

The damage is now heavily weighted on the delayed explosion instead of the knife impact

Now deals self-damage if the knives explode too close

Fixed a bug where the knives would track allies

Notes:

This Golden Gun change brings increased uptime with your Super. For the Way of the Outlaw, this means a skill-based mechanic to extend it. For Way of the Sharpshooter, it’s the ability to earn your Super more quickly. 

Nightstalker

Changes

Moebius Quiver

Entire damage bonus is applied on the first hit instead of stacking and multiplying

Increased tether radius and lifetime

Made it easier to fire successive tethers

Spectral Blades

Damage resistance in stealth decreased

Duration of Super while invisible slightly decreased

Notes:

This is step one for Shadowshot, and we intend to keep improving the way it works. For this pass, we focused on Moebius Quiver quality of life. 

Arcstrider

Changes:

Super damage is now more heavily weighted toward the heavy palm strike attack

No attack damage was reduced, but much of the added damage for this Super went into the heavy attack

Lethal Current bonus damage increased

Titan

Sunbreaker

Changes:

Sunspots

Doubled the damage of the burn on enemies

Sun Warrior

Buff length increased from 3 seconds to 5 seconds

Now increases ALL outgoing damage

Burning Maul

Slam radius increased

Slam fire tornado improved homing

Sentinel

Changes:

Super damage is more heavily weighted on the heavy shield charge attack.

No attack damage was reduced, but much of the added damage for this Super went into the heavy attack

Striker

Changes:

Terminal Velocity
There are now three tiers of hang time

The amount of hang time for each tier has been reworked

Each tier of hang time now causes four damaging shocks instead of three

The damage for the hang time bonuses has been increased significantly

Trample

The light shoulder attack Super cost has been reduced by ~85%

Trample can now trigger every 0.5 seconds, up from every 1 second

Notes:

For Code of the Earthshaker, the change to Terminal Velocity should make it more engaging. The first tier is now easier to achieve. For the second tier, you’ll probably want some high ground, but if all you have is flat land, a directional slam near the peak of your lift can proc it. Finally, there’s a new third tier that will require some serious height to activate. On top of that, you’ll not only need to land your hang time slams, but also do it quickly enough to get in all four possible to maximize damage.

With Code of the Juggernaut, if you play it right, you can extend your Super for minutes (in PvE). I know this sounds crazy, but it takes foresight and strategic choices. The light shoulder attack is almost a movement mode with the new cheaper cost. With the increased mobility, you should be able to lay some shoulder on bigger targets and then go on a run for little guys to rebuild your Super energy.

Warlock

Dawnblade

Changes:

Super duration increased

Voidwalker

Changes:

Cataclysm

Increased detonation radius

Cluster damage increased

Improved cluster bomb homing to make it more consistent against single targets

Cluster bombs no longer detonate one another

Vortex

Linger damage increased significantly

Nova Warp

Slower movement while charging

Charging costs more energy and overall duration is reduced

Damage resistance reduced very slightly

PvP damage reduction

Charged detonation will no longer be able to one shot another player in their Super, provided it has damage resistance

Notes:

Summed up: “Nova Bomb, now not just for large groups.”

The Nova Warp changes above are all small, but we think together they will help bring it down into a good place—a place similar to the Supers that we're raising up. 

Stormcaller

Changes:

Stormtrance

Increased number of targets for chain lightning by 1

This is the current plan, but things could change in the next few weeks. The official patch notes will ship with the update which is currently slated for January 29. 

Competitive Matchmaking change:

Next week, we will adjust matchmaking settings in Competitive. This change is scheduled to take effect on January 15 at 10 AM PST. The World Systems Team has been gathering feedback and using it in conjunction with player data to make the next change for how we match opponents in the Competitive playlist. 

We will be changing the matchmaking parameters so that opponents you find in Competitive matchmaking will be closer to your Glory rank. While the imbalanced match can still happen, we believe this change will reduce the number of occurrences dramatically. Players may experience longer matchmaking times as we will try to ensure a good Glory rank match before opening up the search criteria. Thank you so much for your feedback, and please keep it coming. We’re always improving the game and your feedback helps steer the conversation.

Iron Banner and Valor Bonus

Begins: January 15, 2019

Ends: January 22, 2019

Gladd just listened to a clip of himself going nuts (swearing and such while doing the Niobe Labs puzzle) that someone posted on Deej's twitter.

He's asking the guy to take it down, and now he's stunned its on the front page of reddit as well :lol:

• Upvote 1

Desperately trying to get the IKELOS Shotgun this week but it’s not going well.

I’ve completed the EP a couple times before and got different loot but I’m never quite sure of the requirements.  Previously I’ve joined EP at level 3 and managed to get loot from the final boss whereas a run I did earlier today (starting at lvl1) got me a shader.

Do I need to do something with encrypted/decrypting keys as I go through it?

The weapon is a random drop from the final (wave 7) boss.

Repeated killings of the final boss increases your odds of getting the weapon to drop, and you can now resume at wave 6 which makes farming the drop rather easier than it used to be! 

Battled through Shattered Throne last night with WishEnder trying to find eggs and trying to complete that damned Black Armoury Box quest.

Just the Pyrmaflappion to do and it should be complete. A lot of our clan has fallen away so it's been tough waiting for a few people to come on to complete stuff.

On 14/01/2019 at 03:56, Phelan said:

Just the Pyrmaflappion to do and it should be complete. A lot of our clan has fallen away so it's been tough waiting for a few people to come on to complete stuff.

2 chums did this last night (3rd clan mate couldn't do it with us as all fireteam members had to unlocked...hopefully it stays "unlocked" after you've gone past it for that purposes. People needing to be at the same stage of chain would be horrible)

We assumed we'd walk it/that it was meant to be solo-ed like the 3rd forgo one.

Nope. Hard as balls. Definitely hidden Match Game in the modifiers. 

We got to the boss and did so much damage his head popped off...then he went behind barrier. Then adds/plates spawned. Then before we could react he teleported/started running around area shooting everything....while still immune (the barrier/plates were still active). We quickly died as no way to deal with adds/plates/him on the fly and got kicked back to orbit and went away grumpy.

Got malfeasance  though last night. Ooooooooo that's nice. 

The Pyramidion glitch when you semi-melt him and he charges round immune was absolutely hilarious the first time it happened to me. I guess less so if you're on Extinguish.

• Upvote 1

If that's better than normal, what's it usually like? Do you get kidney stones just from reading it?

• Upvote 5

36 minutes ago, K said:

If that's better than normal, what's it usually like? Do you get kidney stones just from reading it?

Oh man. It's normally completely and utterly without any redeeming qualities.

Sheesh, Extinguish on a modified strike with no matchmaking is a bit much just to unlock a forge isn’t it? Died with the boss at about a third health. Guess Bungie doesn’t care that all my friends have abandoned me. Sniff. 

(If anyone can help with this at some point please shout, I want the pulse rifle)

5 hours ago, Nate Dogg III said:

Thanks Mike (and Gorf, who kindly offered his services over PM). A public shaming appears to have brought one of the clan out of hiding and we just knocked it out no probs. 

Sass Dogg III.

• Upvote 1