Gorf King

Destiny 2: Forsaken. No raid spoilers please.

3 hours ago, pinholestar said:

...but if you’re not one of those assholes who’s relying on the crutch of Sleeper to invade...

@Thor

unFLKoAV3TkXe.gif

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, Nate Dogg III said:

I want ace of spades, but a) I have an outlaw Better Devils and the warlock exotic that does explosions on precision kills, and b) I will be lucky to get 25 hand cannon headshots in crucible before the heat death of the universe. 

It is the most outstanding gun I've used in crucible. I think it is more than worth the effort. Equip high impact and smell teammate farts. You'll be there before you know it. 

8 minutes ago, lewismistreated said:

Using Crimson helped me a bunch too - aka, I Can't Believe It's Not a Pulse Rifle.

I would say highest impact possible to minimise assist. Also crimson is almost certainly the hardest handcannon to get heatshot kills in crucible on account of the upward recoil and burst shots. But ultimately you need something you are used to using which is probably why you did so well with this. 

I used Trust for the Crucible part. Found it much more reliable for getting precision kills than Better Devils or Crimson because I found it to have a consistent recoil pattern & it's rate of fire seems well suited to my boss-eyed aim but just go with whatever feels best for you. Most of the kills will probably be steals on opponents that have been hurt by a teammate already. As Oz says, it's definitely worth suffering through it to get the Ace of Spades. Fantastic gun.

10 minutes ago, Oz said:

I would say highest impact possible to minimise assist. Also crimson is almost certainly the hardest handcannon to get heatshot kills in crucible on account of the upward recoil and burst shots. But ultimately you need something you are used to using which is probably why you did so well with this. 

I think Crimson just negates a lot of the issues I generally have with using hand cannons in Crucible, the most pressing being that I can't hit shit for shit. My 2nd or 3rd 'true' HC shot might be a crit, but by that point i've already missed enough for them to turn around and murder me. Crimson just made it a lot more forgiving to get at least a few body shots in first, increasing the odds of me geting that last crit in by luck if nothing else.

But yeah. Do whatever feels right.

Are the dailies for personal clan XP from what’s-her-face supposed to rotate? I’m perpetually getting the same one for public events and two for crucible. 

1 hour ago, lewismistreated said:

Using Crimson helped me a bunch too - aka, I Can't Believe It's Not a Pulse Rifle.

Used this, with the masterwork, on both my Hunter and Titan (why not do it twice if it drops high power?), and have finished the Gambit portion of it with relative ease, considering I've not played Gambit as much as, say @Scruff

4 hours ago, lewismistreated said:

I dunno why they didn't just put Red Death in the game. They could at least give us an ornament to make it look like it.

Yeah, we had a look at least. In other news, I went from needing two Invader kills this morning, to having Ace of Spades tonight. :D

Oh dear:

Yep, you can get duplicate quest exotics as drops. They will be higher power, but its still pretty shit when you want that new exotic you havent got.

They should be so lucky. I've not had a single Y2 exotic drop yet. If this doesn't change by next week I'm telling my mum on Bungie. I hope they realise the gravity of the situation and sort it out post-haste.

6 hours ago, Lyrical Donut said:

They should be so lucky. I've not had a single Y2 exotic drop yet. If this doesn't change by next week I'm telling my mum on Bungie. I hope they realise the gravity of the situation and sort it out post-haste.

@Karthirian has taken all your drops. He says thanks.

• Upvote 1

Help please mighty hive mind. 

Dipped back into D2 and had an absolute blast it’s such a brilliant game again!, but now on light level 505 on my hunter and not really sure how to raise it. 

There only seems to be one bounty spider offers with Powerful Gear reward (I cleared a load of the non-power ones and jut for 500 capped gear). And I think I’m too low level for Dreaming City bounties. 

So not entirely sure how to progress. Annoyingly I can only ever dip in and out and random times because of a chaotic work pattern, but would like when I do hop on to be able to do stuff that might benefit me if you see what I mean. 

Any thoughts hugely appreciated. 

Between 500 and 520 any activity with a powerful engram reward should be up to +5 over your overall maximum power level. So that's both the dailies and the weeklies. Check both bounties with vendors (Zavala, Shaxx, Hawthorne, etc) and challenges on the director. Once you've done all those there's basically the new daily each day, and also just playing to kill yellow and orange bars as much as possible until your prime attunement runs out - while that's still active you have the random chance of a powerful engram drop from each challenging enemy, though it might take a while to get one (or, for some people, several). Also, try to follow the quest lines, such as doing a strike with a full set of Vanguard armour. The exotic quests, too, drop at a high level (e.g. Cayde's Will).

Once you've done all the weeklies and quests, you're basically left with the new daily each day, the prime attunement refresh at reset, and the chance of exotic drops.

NB You're not too low for the Dreaming City; thing will be harder but not impossible. Handing in three weekly bounties there will complete the weekly challenge, and that will in itself give you two powerful engrams.

• Upvote 2

So, regarding the Dreaming City changes that the raid completion brought about:

Spoiler

Were the Taken there originally or were they unleashed after the raid? 

And another thing - is your rank in things like Vanguard activities, Crucible, Gambit etc, account-wide or just per character? Might go do the weekly crucible with my two other ones if it all.contributes. I think tokens used to be shared across your account back in the vanilla game. 

9 minutes ago, Parksey said:

So, regarding the Dreaming City changes that the raid completion brought about:

They were there. 

But there seems to be more of them now. And more Taken Orbs etc floating about the place

They’ve really gone all-out on the grenade launchers in Forsaken, haven’t they? I’ve had three different legendaries drop (with a couple of dozen dupes), and checking on the collections tab, there’s another three new ones that haven’t dropped yet. Six grenade launchers! Against all the odds, this is actually good news, as grenade launcher are bone-shatteringly powerful against bosses and are actually pretty fun to use, but this is still extremely unexpected.

25 minutes ago, K said:

They’ve really gone all-out on the grenade launchers in Forsaken, haven’t they? I’ve had three different legendaries drop (with a couple of dozen dupes), and checking on the collections tab, there’s another three new ones that haven’t dropped yet. Six grenade launchers! Against all the odds, this is actually good news, as grenade launcher are bone-shatteringly powerful against bosses and are actually pretty fun to use, but this is still extremely unexpected.

Yeah virtually every power weapon I've had drop has been a grenade launcher. I've had the same rocked launcher drop twice and the crucible sword once, but other than that it's grenade launchers for days. Barely used them in D2 pre-Forsaken but I'm kinda forced into it now thanks to the daft infusion economy.

9 minutes ago, Mafro said:

Yeah virtually every power weapon I've had drop has been a grenade launcher. I've had the same rocked launcher drop twice and the crucible sword once, but other than that it's grenade launchers for days. Barely used them in D2 pre-Forsaken but I'm kinda forced into it now thanks to the daft infusion economy.

I honestly don't think I've had anything but grenade launchers, heavy weapon-wise.