IGNORED

Destiny 2: Bungie 30th Anniversary events start 7 December - dungeon, 6-player activity, Gjallarhorn quest etc.

Gorf King

Just in time before the season ends, Positivity Club squeaks in a completion on Last Wish.  Taken ages to finally get around to sorting a time and a night out, but we managed it.  Did a five man on Kali to start us off, but if you want to see the run from the second encounter I’ve put the video below.

8 hours ago, Mr Ben said:

New pinnacle weapons (obtained from 3 account wide quests from tomorrow) in action:

I for one am looking forward to the new triple grenade launcher meta!

@Nate Dogg III I think you'll need to wait until next week for Black Armoury for those. But the Black Armoury vidoc's due out today anyway, so you'll know then. With it being effectively a ten quid DLC, my expectations are set suitably low, but it'll be interesting to see how they implement the new expansion model. If they manage to squirrel away some hidden quests and/or a dungeon on top of the raid lair thing that'd be more than enough, in addition to the extra grinds for the new gear. Though, if they're clever with the narrative, they do have the opportunity to create events and quests that mirror and enhance what's slowly developing with the existing Mara/Truth to Power tri-weekly reveals.

Probably not though.

8 minutes ago, Gorf King said:

Aye, that is also important.

As is the fact that they've stopped calling the raid lair a raid lair and are now calling it a raid. And the fact that's it's out on Friday, December 7.

Spoiler

Datto just inspected an exotic sparrow in the collections that says it's found in the "Scourge of the Past" raid lair though so it still might not be a massive full fat raid..

Aye, it might just be semantics. In fact, let's face it, it is semantics. But I'd be happy with something the size of Crota - I'd call that a raid. And I reckon it might be that. I mean, the size of Crota's End, not the size of Crota. That'd be silly, you wouldn't even get six in.

Anyway,

W E E K L Y   R E S E T

Strikes etc: Void singe (daily for today: Grounded, Heavyweight)

Nightfalls:

Warden of Nothing

The Hollowed Lair

Savathûn's Song

Flashpoint: Titan

It's high corruption week, so also available are:

Audience with the Queen > Truth to Power #3 (Medusa)

The Shattered Throne

I actually want an exotic pulse thats not that shitty Osiris one (thats only good for pvp really anyway).

And they'll have to rip the Ikelos shotty from my cold dead hands. Nerf be damned, its still good, but I wish they'd bugger off with listening to Reddit/streamers all the damn time when it comes to weapon balance. Make the other guns as good, then we'd have better choices with weapons.

Yeah, Drifter looks lighter on PvE content than the others - no raid, for example - but is it a coincidence that Anthem's due out not that long beforehand? If any of the drops was going to be light on PvE, that's the one I'd prefer to be. I'm sure a fair few Destiny players will be taking some time to play and evaluate that game in Feb and March.

No new strikes either...still...

Also - there's a leaked (datamined? no idea) cutscene from Black Armory going about. (Theme spoiler, not content)

Ongoing story continues! DLC isn't completed disconnected from base like CoO/WM

On 28/11/2018 at 11:26, Gorf King said:

Yeah, Drifter looks lighter on PvE content than the others - no raid, for example - but is it a coincidence that Anthem's due out not that long beforehand? If any of the drops was going to be light on PvE, that's the one I'd prefer to be. I'm sure a fair few Destiny players will be taking some time to play and evaluate that game in Feb and March.

If it reviews well I'd love to take a look. I think there was going to be a demo, but that might just be for pre-orders?

There's a demo for EA/Origin Access subscribers (so Xbox and PC only), and also one for pre-orderers, which is the PS4 mob and other non-Access players. The EA site isn't very well worded - it says the demo starts 1 February but also says there's a 'VIP demo' starting 25 January.

We’ve rolled out a ton of news about Anthem™, but there’s one question we keep hearing that we haven’t been able to answer: when is the demo?! Well, friends, now we can answer that question. The VIP demo will start on January 25.

How Can I Play the Anthem Demo?

Simple – pre-order now* or join Origin Access or EA Access.**

If you’ve already pre-ordered or joined, you’re all set. Just set your calendars for February 1, clear out your schedule, and prepare to discover the world of Anthem.

One important note: if your Origin Access or EA Access membership is not active at the time of the demo, you won’t be able to play the demo. So make sure your membership is current when we get close to the start of the demo.

But then it has this, with no mention of Jan 25:

anthem-waystoplay-ranger-1920x1080.jpg.a

So yeah, dunno. Prob Feb 1. I can't see me laying down money that early just for the demo anyway. I doubt it'll be extensive, or good/bad, enough to make my mind up, so unless something amazing happens I'll probably just buy the game and see what it's like at release. Usually takes quite a while to discover if a title like this has any legs, long after the initial levelling stuff is over.

Yep. Off-putting, all these early access/VIP/microsystem within a walled garden variations. The PS exclusive content in Destiny is a problem as well, and benefits no player - we'd all be better off if everyone had it without exclusivity. But this exclusive early access stuff is just so unfriendly and confusing that even a lengthy explanation with a Q&A section and a chart on the EA site doesn't entirely clarify it, and only serves to put you off engaging with the game (or even being quite sure how and when you'll be able to). Almost the opposite of what a demo should be trying to achieve.

I don't think there's anything other than a 'VIP' demo, btw - no non-VIP demo, the VIP being an entirely redundant marketing prefix. So I'm guessing the only demo date is Feb 1, and I've absolutely no idea where EA have got the Jan 25 date from or what it represents. 

• Gorf King changed the title to Destiny 2: Bungie 30th Anniversary events start 7 December - dungeon, 6-player activity, Gjallarhorn quest etc.