Destiny 2: 1337 Häkkes

Quick question on bounties then!

I have to go to edz (?) to find 3 bounties but the locations they mention are not shown on the map

how do I know where to go , or do I just go on patrol ?

3 minutes ago, sid said:

Quick question on bounties then!

I have to go to edz (?) to find 3 bounties but the locations they mention are not shown on the map

how do I know where to go , or do I just go on patrol ?

Are they the Lost Sector bounties from Spider?

Is there something up with the HDR on this? There seem to be loads of really, really dark shadowed areas. Like, totally black. I've tried messing with the two brightness options but overall the default seems to work best.

Guys can I have a bit of advice please?

I played Destiny 2 a lot on XBO a few years ago, I’m sure I paid for a couple of DLCs at the time, I now have a Series X and can see it’s on GamePass with only one DLC available Beyond Light.....Does the GamePass version include all of the DLC up to the newest? Also I’ve logged in to my Series X with my same GanerTag as my XBO, will I be able to carry on from where I left off or will I have to start over? Thanks 

1 hour ago, CovisGod said:

I played Destiny 2 a lot on XBO a few years ago, I’m sure I paid for a couple of DLCs at the time, I now have a Series X and can see it’s on GamePass with only one DLC available Beyond Light.....Does the GamePass version include all of the DLC up to the newest? Also I’ve logged in to my Series X with my same GanerTag as my XBO, will I be able to carry on from where I left off or will I have to start over? Thanks 

Yes and yes, you'll have you characters.

3 hours ago, Pob said:

Is there something up with the HDR on this? There seem to be loads of really, really dark shadowed areas. Like, totally black. I've tried messing with the two brightness options but overall the default seems to work best.

Yeah, it's always been a little crushed in the darker blacks but a lot of it is a stylistic choice. It's got much better since Beyond Light as they adjusted the lighting engine but its still a little severe.

If you're on Xbox I believe the non-HDR brightness slider effects the HDR. Turn off HDR at system level, boot the game, push the brightness slider up one notch, close the game, turn HDR back on in the XB dash and then go back in to the game. You should see an improvement. This doesn't work on PS.

4 hours ago, CovisGod said:

You'll need to manually activate Shadowkeep and Forsaken. They are small 10Mb downloads (basically an authentication) and also included in GP

7 minutes ago, Hawklord said:

You'll need to manually activate Shadowkeep and Forsaken. They are small 10Mb downloads (basically an authentication) and also included in GP

I watched a video recently which pretty much suggested much of the content of the past is no longer in the game. It's it still worth installing them?

4 minutes ago, Timmo said:

I watched a video recently which pretty much suggested much of the content of the past is no longer in the game. It's it still worth installing them?

All the Shadowkeep and Forsaken content remains in the game.

It’s the original Destiny 2 campaign and the first year DLCs that were removed when Beyond Light launched.

Forsaken is arguably the best content in the game 

I can’t remember what the hell I’m meant to be doing, all my gear is level 1050 but I remember not being able to get better gear before I stopped playing years ago, I’m assuming that’s no longer the case. I went to a planet at random, both my weapons were immune when shooting the first enemy and everything is one shot killing me :lol:

Ive still got some exotic gear, is that still the best? Any tips for someone picking it back up after a few years away?

28 minutes ago, CovisGod said:

I can’t remember what the hell I’m meant to be doing, all my gear is level 1050 but I remember not being able to get better gear before I stopped playing years ago, I’m assuming that’s no longer the case. I went to a planet at random, both my weapons were immune when shooting the first enemy and everything is one shot killing me :lol:

Ive still got some exotic gear, is that still the best? Any tips for someone picking it back up after a few years away?

The director will tell you where the story leads you, which should be the Moon with Osiris, but if you want to dick around and grind some gear go to the tower, talk to Banshee for weapon bounties,  then go to somewhere like the EDZ and pick up Devrims bounties and then just hit the lost sectors. Roam and do patrol's. It shits loot at you so just kill shit>get loot. Wear whatever is highest kevel, even if it's blue. Don't waste mats and money feeding shit until you get to like 1230 or whatever.

Also look for the planets with circular yellow icons by them and hover over the activities there for any "challenges" - these are how you get "Powerful" gear etc, so they're very useful for improving your equipment.

6 hours ago, Pob said:

Yeah. It's fucked. There's one map crucible that makes it go all neon.

1 hour ago, CovisGod said:

1 hour ago, moosegrinder said:

The director will tell you where the story leads you, which should be the Moon with Osiris, but if you want to dick around and grind some gear go to the tower, talk to Banshee for weapon bounties,  then go to somewhere like the EDZ and pick up Devrims bounties and then just hit the lost sectors. Roam and do patrol's. It shits loot at you so just kill shit>get loot. Wear whatever is highest kevel, even if it's blue. Don't waste mats and money feeding shit until you get to like 1230 or whatever.

If you are returning with all your equipment at 1050, I’d recommend trying the reworked introduction New Light campaign in the Cosmodrome on Earth. Pick it up at the kiosk at the Tower. Eases you back in as it’s the on boarding for new players.

Its also quite good

How do I access the content prior to shadow keep and forsaken please ? I think I watched a vid whereby you could start it from the ship seller in the main hub but she doesn’t have anything.

4 minutes ago, sid said:

How do I access the content prior to shadow keep and forsaken please ? I think I watched a vid whereby you could start it from the ship seller in the main hub but she doesn’t have anything.

You can’t, it gone... vaulted along with most of the planets it took place on.

As a new player right now you can play the remixed New Light campaign, the Forsaken and Shadowkeep campaigns and the current Beyond Light campaign. Everything before has passed...literally

It seems to be taking me forever to get my guardian from 1200 light up to 1250, I'm currently at 1223. Any tips on how to quickly level up? I've been mainly doing story stuff, I've finished the main Beyond Light campaign and done a couple of the missions Variks gives you afterwards. I've not finished the New Light campaign or done any of the Forsaken or Shadowkeep. I've done a bit of Gambit, and a little Crucible.

41 minutes ago, Rockboy said:

It seems to be taking me forever to get my guardian from 1200 light up to 1250, I'm currently at 1223. Any tips on how to quickly level up? I've been mainly doing story stuff, I've finished the main Beyond Light campaign and done a couple of the missions Variks gives you afterwards. I've not finished the New Light campaign or done any of the Forsaken or Shadowkeep. I've done a bit of Gambit, and a little Crucible.

Each Monday at 5 everything resets. You can get advanced gear a number of ways which levels you up.

What I have been doing:

- Three strikes (using that week's chosen subclass)

- Two nightfall strikes on the second difficulty

- Three crucible matches (any mode except survival)

- 7 rounds won in Survival

If you do all the above you get a powerful piece of gear for each, usually 3-5 above what you're using.

On top of this, make sure you get bounties to complete as you're doing them, as completing a weekly set of bounties also unlocks powerful gear. Gunsmith bounties are great because they give you upgrade modules which lets you keep your favourite weapons and armour powered up.

It's a grind however you do it, but I find the above all fun to do. I'm not gonna grind for the sake of it.

20 hours ago, KartoffelKopf said:

Yeah, it's always been a little crushed in the darker blacks but a lot of it is a stylistic choice. It's got much better since Beyond Light as they adjusted the lighting engine but its still a little severe.

If you're on Xbox I believe the non-HDR brightness slider effects the HDR. Turn off HDR at system level, boot the game, push the brightness slider up one notch, close the game, turn HDR back on in the XB dash and then go back in to the game. You should see an improvement. This doesn't work on PS.

Thanks, I bumped it up two notches in SDR and it helped a lot. 

4 hours ago, Timmo said:

Each Monday at 5 everything resets. You can get advanced gear a number of ways which levels you up.

What I have been doing:

- Three strikes (using that week's chosen subclass)

- Two nightfall strikes on the second difficulty

- Three crucible matches (any mode except survival)

- 7 rounds won in Survival

If you do all the above you get a powerful piece of gear for each, usually 3-5 above what you're using.

On top of this, make sure you get bounties to complete as you're doing them, as completing a weekly set of bounties also unlocks powerful gear. Gunsmith bounties are great because they give you upgrade modules which lets you keep your favourite weapons and armour powered up.

It's a grind however you do it, but I find the above all fun to do. I'm not gonna grind for the sake of it.

Thanks @Timmo I'll give the Nightfall a try later, I'd forgotten you can do that on different difficulties, I've not done it since Destiny 1 days.

It shits loot at you. Do Crucible and Gambit and you get loot every rank, plus the chance of loot at the end of each match. Strikes give loot at the end in a chest. If you do 8 bounties a week from each of the vendor they'll give you another Powerful reward. The grind is very real but there'll come a point where you won't have space for all the shit it's lobbing at you.

Also reset is Tuesday, not Monday.

45 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

It shits loot at you. Do Crucible and Gambit and you get loot every rank, plus the chance of loot at the end of each match. Strikes give loot at the end in a chest. If you do 8 bounties a week from each of the vendor they'll give you another Powerful reward. The grind is very real but there'll come a point where you won't have space for all the shit it's lobbing at you.

Also reset is Tuesday, not Monday.

I might be wrong (and correct me if I am!), but although the loot you get for ranking up in competitive modes will be legendary, I'm not sure it'll be high enough light to increase your level. I think it might be only the activities which are marked as rewarding pinnacle gear or high level gear that will give you stuff above your light level (less the artifact boost). God this game is complicated.

1 minute ago, Timmo said:

I might be wrong (and correct me if I am!), but although the loot you get for ranking up in competitive modes will be legendary, I'm not sure it'll be high enough light to increase your level. I think it might be only the activities which are marked as rewarding pinnacle gear or high level gear that will give you stuff above your light level (less the artifact boost). God this game is complicated.

Yeah, I can't remember how it works. I thought the vendor package armour was in x range of your power level, but the dropped gear could be y. I'm not sure why I think that, so much shit just gets broken down immediately now for me. The Crucible/Gambit rewards from ranking up are powerful I think? Up to the soft cap?

6 hours ago, moosegrinder said:

Yeah, I can't remember how it works. I thought the vendor package armour was in x range of your power level, but the dropped gear could be y. I'm not sure why I think that, so much shit just gets broken down immediately now for me. The Crucible/Gambit rewards from ranking up are powerful I think? Up to the soft cap?

Everything levels you up to 1200 (soft cap)

Powerful engrams get you to 1250 (hard cap)

Pinnacle activities get you from 1250 to 1260

I think Crucible rank ups only get you to the soft cap

• Gorf King changed the title to Destiny 2: 1337 Häkkes