Destiny 2: 1337 Häkkes

Yeah it loads a lot quicker even on the older consoles. It feels snappier in menus too. 

I've read that they've tweaked enemy A.I. and behaviours, which is why it feels a little harder. Don't know how true that is, though. 

I think the new seasonal stuff doesn't really start until the 17th, so at the moment it's just the artifact maybe? 

Weirdly, going to the Cosmodrome vender saw me picking up an exotic quest, "A Blast from the Past" which says it rewards you with.. The Chaperone. But I already have The Chaperone, so I'm not sure what that's all about. 

Edit - Also an exotic cypher drops from one of the archivist triumphs in the New Light Gear section of the triumph screen. 

4 hours ago, pinholestar said:

The notes of caution I’d sound though are that unless there’s some big gear dump to come later on it looks as if there’s going to be something of a paucity of new loot...

Yeah, this is a worry given that the longevity of the game is built around the chase for good loot and that they have sunset so much stuff. I have no problem with sunsetting at all, I'm all for getting new stuff but as an example, according to https://www.light.gg/, there is only 1 legendary heavy machine gun this season and that's it. It's solar as well so how are we going to go up against arc or void enemies from a distance? There has to be more coming.

Also, as you say, getting old weapons dropping at the old LL cap from the end of campaign missions? That's sunset loot that can't even be infused! That has got to be a bug otherwise that's just lazy. Also, what is the point of weapon parts now?

Still really enjoyed what I played and it's early doors so I don't want to start the whining just yet....I'll give it a couple of weeks :D 

4 minutes ago, KartoffelKopf said:

Yeah, this is a worry given that the longevity of the game is built around the chase for good loot and that they have sunset so much stuff. I have no problem with sunsetting at all, I'm all for getting new stuff but as an example, according to https://www.light.gg/, there is only 1 legendary heavy machine gun this season and that's it. It's solar as well so how are we going to go up against arc or void enemies from a distance? There has to be more coming.

Also, as you say, getting old weapons dropping at the old LL cap from the end of campaign missions? That's sunset loot that can't even be infused! That has got to be a bug otherwise that's just lazy. Also, what is the point of weapon parts now?

Still really enjoyed what I played and it's early doors so I don't want to start the whining just yet....I'll give it a couple of weeks :D 

Maybe Linear Fusion Rifles will start being relevant again?

2 hours ago, Parksey said:

I've read that they've tweaked enemy A.I. and behaviours, which is why it feels a little harder. Don't know how true that is, though. 

Yeah I think that’s true as I was seeing super aggressive swarming behaviour from enemies that I hadn’t seen before. That’s what made that boss fight tricky.

Luke Smith has mentioned that he thinks Destiny can be a bit too easy so if bumping the difficulty up for this expansion is a thing then I’m all for it. That and some of the tough new enemies they’ve introduced were really keeping me on my toes.

In a few weeks when we’re all geared up again no doubt we’ll be murdering everything in sight like always but it’s good fun for now anyway.

2 hours ago, moosegrinder said:

Yeah I had one one me so I bough Truth. I find it moderately hilarious that, given enough materials and money, I can get the now irrelevant weapons from all the pain in the arse quests from the last 3 years.

I was grinding out Randy’s Throwing Knife and Revoker a few months ago when I just gave up as it was so tedious, so even though sunsetting has rendered them obsolete I was pretty happy to see all those weapons available in that kiosk for completion’s sake. 

I never did get Anarchy in the end before Scourge was vaulted, so that’ll be my first purchase I think.

1 hour ago, KartoffelKopf said:

Just to clarify: end of quest rewards have been new Europa weapons and gear at a high power level for me, it’s just the random world drops that sometimes pop out of regular enemies that are old things like the Bad Omens rocket launcher with a Season of Arrivals symbol on them.

Wasn’t expecting a whole new refresh comparable to the vanilla game but it does feel a little lean on the new loot front and as you say that’s a bit of a problem for a loot-based game... Hopefully their plan is to provide a higher cadence of new loot with each new season across the coming year and spread it out that way.

Don’t want to be a negative Nancy though as what I played last night was really good fun. :)

What I find amazing about Destiny is that they spend hours writing grimoire cards for minute lore, but there’s just no effort whatsoever to justify where we can go. Zavala says the vaulted planets have “disappeared”, which is fine I guess. But what I find genuinely insane is that the cosmodrome is just back. We lost half the planets from D1 because of the Cabal I guess? But then in D2 we can go to Mars, just not to the bit of Mars we used to go to. Suddenly the moon is there again. Now we just go to Europa, like it’s always been there. 

It feels like it would be really, really easy to write some basic story justifications for this stuff, but they just don’t. The cosmodrome just wasn’t there but now it is, the farm was there but now it’s gone, Europa is just somewhere we can go, but we can’t go to Venus anymore because. 

Starting this on Xbox for the first time was fine and it unlocking every achievement I'd already obtained on PS at once.

Wondering if I have a bug of just usual Destiny uncertainty. I played the intro mission on PC where I just have the free version.  It then said buy Beyond Light to continue on that quest line. I loaded up Xbox the next day where I have it included with Game Pass. I went to the tower and got the artifact from the office, but now I don't have any quests to pick up. What am I missing?

47 minutes ago, pledge said:

Starting this on Xbox for the first time was fine and it unlocking every achievement I'd already obtained on PS at once.

Wondering if I have a bug of just usual Destiny uncertainty. I played the intro mission on PC where I just have the free version.  It then said buy Beyond Light to continue on that quest line. I loaded up Xbox the next day where I have it included with Game Pass. I went to the tower and got the artifact from the office, but now I don't have any quests to pick up. What am I missing?

Have you added Beyond Light on GamePass? It’s an additional 10MB download once you’ve downloaded the main Destiny 2 file. If you have it you should either automatically start the first quest on Europa and/or have a quest directing you to do so on the Destinations screen.

1 minute ago, pinholestar said:

Have you added Beyond Light on GamePass? It’s an additional 10MB download once you’ve downloaded the main Destiny 2 file. If you have it you should either automatically start the first quest on Europa and/or have a quest directing you to do so on the Destinations screen.

No... Thanks :blush:

50 minutes ago, pinholestar said:

:D

(The same also applies to Forsaken and Shadowkeep as well I believe, if you want the related content for those).

I thought it was still broken, but I had to go and speak to Variks on Europa to start the quest line. It was probably supposed to be telling me that but maybe got confused between me completing the intro mission on PC (or maybe I just didn't read somewhere to go speak to him. There was nothing in director)

I fired this up on the Series X and did the first mission of the new content, having had a day of 4K 60 sexiness it’s bloody hard work playing this :( 

Such a shame the patch is a month away as you get left behind very quickly in this game as we know!

Having had a whinge it does load nice and fast and the transfer from PS4 has been seamless! 

+1

It's actually hard coming from the Stadia version which runs at 60fps to the current Series X version (althought the static 4k image is incredible). Will have to just get through this month. First world problems eh?

On 10/11/2020 at 01:58, Mercury said:

Managed to complete the final power capped NF just before we got disconnected for the midnight update and then spotted we still had to do Warden of Nothing. Luckily managed to get it done between disconnects so now have Truth. Always find the Exotic quests rewarding. Of course, knowing my luck, Xur will probably be giving it away next weekend.

Bloody Exotic Archive 

34 minutes ago, pinholestar said:

The main campaign missions in this expansion are absolutely superb. 

Yes they're great! The structure's quite reminiscent of Forsaken. Loving the Fallen lore too.

I've had to farm public events for better gear between every couple of missions to beat the next one, it feels like just the right sort of difficulty.

Yeah of the two main bosses I’ve fought so far they’ve both fucked me up good and proper. Real heart-pounding encounters and the feeling of triumph when I bested them finally was immense. Really glad they’ve bumped the difficulty up this time as it makes it a much more satisfying experience and forces you to use all the tricks in your arsenal rather than just blitzing them with Falling Guillotine or whatever.

Completely forgot that the Cosmodrome was available again too. Haven’t even been there yet so that’s going to be a major nostalgia trip when I do. Must have spent hundreds and hundreds of hours in that place back in the day. Hope they’ve done something cool with the loot cave...

Two campaigns?

I'm finding Warlock stasis pretty underwelming and the "commune" activity worse that the light tree (so long)

In general though the QOL improvements are amazing and the missions seem better than Shadowkeep (although the basic structure is basically Forsaken)

1 hour ago, moosegrinder said:

It's kicking my arse an all. Maybe I need to do some patrols and shit first.

1 hour ago, PK said:

I've had to farm public events for better gear between every couple of missions to beat the next one, it feels like just the right sort of difficulty.

1 hour ago, Broker said:

Yeah I’ve only done 2 or 3 but they were tough and fun. I went and did some public events in the Cosmodrome :) 

Thank God... I finished the main Beyond Light campaign just now - obviously there are still a bunch of huge post-game quests - and all the time I was wondering if I didn't spend enough time levelling up pre-release, because a lot of things were absolutely wrecking me. Often I went in a little below the recommended level, but rather than start grinding I opted to try and play smarter and avoid rushing in, and it made things much more satisfying.

I only ever use one character, a Titan, and when I saw the Stasis trailer I thought that my skills were some of the least interesting, but the barricades actually seem pretty neat, and chaining together kills by charging from one thing to another is the best.

• Gorf King changed the title to Destiny 2: 1337 Häkkes