Destiny 2: 1337 Häkkes

Guys, I am stuck on a quest on the Moon. Shadowkeep "The Nightmare Cometh" It says defeat the three Nightmare bosses to collect their essences, fear, isolation, pride. At the bottom it says "Dreambane amour pieces created 0/3". The thing is, I have two in my inventory, Dreambane Strides, and Dreambane Cloak. There doesn't appear to be any quests to make anymore armour, just to get weapons, any idea what I am meant to do?

23 minutes ago, Sumire said:

Guys, I am stuck on a quest on the Moon. Shadowkeep "The Nightmare Cometh" It says defeat the three Nightmare bosses to collect their essences, fear, isolation, pride. At the bottom it says "Dreambane amour pieces created 0/3". The thing is, I have two in my inventory, Dreambane Strides, and Dreambane Cloak. There doesn't appear to be any quests to make anymore armour, just to get weapons, any idea what I am meant to do?

There's a red shield icon just to the right of the Anchor of Light I think. I missed it for ages as well. It'll be on there somewhere. If not take a screenie of you moon map and post it up.

5 hours ago, Jigsaw Monkey said:

To be fair, at the end of the Wendigo grind I was a crack shot with Fighting Lion.

That's a known bug, the Fighting Lion is labelled as a grenade launcher when it's actually an across-the-fucking-map sniper rifle with big, slow, explodey bullets.

1 hour ago, Triple A said:

Clear the Cleanse essence quests, get them from that weird altar thing near Eris morn

I presume I already did two of them as I have two bits of the Dreambane armour already, and the only other quests from that alter are for weapons.

10 hours ago, moosegrinder said:

Just tried to two man the Shattered Throne for the Wish Ender quest and got all the way to Vorgeth and he absolutely spannered us. So annoyed.

you’re in the discord aren’t you? I did exactly the same thing shortly before Shadowkeep and @Scruff joined to one-shot the boss with Nighthawk for me. 

Is there a guide anywhere to how Black Armoury works in Shadowkeep? I’ve only got one forge available but I don’t seem to have the quests guides think I should have to unlock the others, and the one I’ve got first isn’t the one it says I’m supposed to have. 

8 hours ago, moosegrinder said:

No, I should get in there really. For the Discord illiterate how do I do this?

Isn't discord for the pc folk? 

Do you have the destiny 2 app? You can send messages there to the rest of the clan or use the online thread here. 

I'll be using on of those to try and organise a raid next week if you're interested.

Worked fine for me last night. It's nice to have the Haunted Forest back. The game seems to have a lot of these matchmade PvE activities now but this feels like one of the better ones - there's plenty of variety in enemies, the changing map keeps it interesting, and the difficulty ramps up at about the right speed. The event grind seems nicely achievable as well, which is encouraging in sharp contrast to the Ariana's Vow catalyst which I kind of want because I can see how it would be useful, but man, i really can't be arsed doing 100 Strikes or Crucible matches with it, or fifty Gambit Prime matches.

35 minutes ago, K said:

Worked fine for me last night. It's nice to have the Haunted Forest back. The game seems to have a lot of these matchmade PvE activities now but this feels like one of the better ones - there's plenty of variety in enemies, the changing map keeps it interesting, and the difficulty ramps up at about the right speed. The event grind seems nicely achievable as well, which is encouraging in sharp contrast to the Ariana's Vow catalyst which I kind of want because I can see how it would be useful, but man, i really can't be arsed doing 100 Strikes or Crucible matches with it, or fifty Gambit Prime matches.

I've taken to equipping it in Crucible while I'm grinding other weapon objectives like the scout headshots. It's way too much of a grind still.

Yeah. It's annoying because the base version feels really compromised (small clip, glacial reloads), so it's a fucking pain in the arse to use. The catalysed version doesn't have those drawbacks, but getting there is such a pain because it uses up your exotic slot. The grind should be half as long as it is, at most. That said, it absolutely batters bosses if you can get repeated precision shots.

I've started playing this on PC as well as PS4 now, but tis a lonely place at the moment.  Is there a list of forumites out there I can add to my Steam Friends that might be interested in teaming up for some of the larger endgame stuff?  

41 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

I've noticed Polaris Lance use going up in Crucible. What's that about?

Crucible is scout rifle city at the moment due to the Randy's Throwing Knife quest which needs 450 scout kills in PvP. Its a horrendous grind and you're so fucking sick of using scout rifles by the time you get it that you never want to see one ever again. 

• Gorf King changed the title to Destiny 2: 1337 Häkkes