gospvg

Elder Scrolls Online - Morrowind

From EG

It's due 6th June on all platforms and introduces: a new zone, Vvardenfell, and a 30-hour story; a new player class, the Warden, and his War Bear pet; and a new 4v4v4 PvP arena mode, Battlegrounds. 

Vvardenfell is apparently the same size as in The Elder Scrolls 3: Morrowind - occupies "the same geographic footprint" according to the press release. All the landmarks from TES3: Morrowind should be there, albeit set 700 years earlier.

I've I've just started playing ESO, so this is a nice surprise & looking forward to it.

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, Mgear said:

Great trailer.

I do think it's a clever play to use the Morrowind name as it will appeal to some fans nostalgia for the series. 

Yep I think because of that name they will get more players interested. I have not played Morrowind so looking forward to visiting the locations.

21 minutes ago, Scruff said:

I wish more people played this on PC :(

I actually think the game is more enjoyable played on your own because I get more taken-in by the quests & plots. On multi-player everyone is just running around trying to complete various quests & collect loot. 

True, but it means dungeons and stuff is out the window. I much prefer doing stuff like that with people I know, rather than some idiots who yell at you in caps or something if one tiny thing goes wrong (and being a healer, lots usually does go wrong :D)

I'm still a noob only started playing a month ago with friends, don't think we've done any dungeons yet.

I really really tried with ESO but it just makes me want to play Skyrim. If I try this new update, i'll probably find myself back playing morrowind. 

9 minutes ago, Floyd said:

I really really tried with ESO but it just makes me want to play Skyrim. If I try this new update, i'll probably find myself back playing morrowind. 

It does remind me a lot of skyrim which is not a bad thing, because it makes the game a bit familiar to play. I do get a bit confused by all the various quests & MMO type systems in play but I think you can enjoy the single player quest content before you get to tackle these dungeons which I assume is the end game content.

7 minutes ago, dr_manhattan^ said:

Could not give a shit about this, and I love The Elder Scrolls.

Please just concentrate on single player stuff Bethesda!

Zenimax doesnt make the normal Elder Scrolls games though.

Playing ESO on PS4 at present. Still got loads of content to do, and there's loads of stuff to do in the game solo, let alone in groups. Will probably get this expansion at some stage, as I dont see the point of subscribing personally.

• Upvote 1

For the base game with expansions? Its definitely more than worth that price. I got the base game with the main expansions for £25 a month or two ago, and I'm still playing it. Lots and lots of content, and with more to come in the way of player housing, Morrowind (which is supposed to be the largest zone ever in the game) and the addition of 4v4v4 pvp, and more to come.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, dr_manhattan^ said:

Could not give a shit about this, and I love The Elder Scrolls.

Please just concentrate on single player stuff Bethesda!

There is tons of single player content in this.

Well I've bought a copy from CDKeys, going to fire it up this weekend and see how it goes. For that price it'd be silly not to :D I also like the idea that I can be a loner and do my own stuff without worrying about other people.

I've been having a great time with this, @Lorfarius I've just been playing a Khajit Nightblade (rogue type) solo and the story and interesting quests have been pretty interesting, I like the amount of dialogue and backstory available a lot.
I've actually not been doing much combat, just stealthing around and assassinating my targets when I need to.
Not tried any professions or anything at all yet, I'm not really one for crafting although if I want to afford a mount it seems I'd better be.
Playing on PS4 and am around level 10

Just now, mechamonkey said:

I've been having a great time with this, @Lorfarius I've just been playing a Khajit Nightblade (rogue type) solo and the story and interesting quests have been pretty interesting, I like the amount of dialogue and backstory available a lot.
I've actually not been doing much combat, just stealthing around and assassinating my targets when I need to.
Not tried any professions or anything at all yet, I'm not really one for crafting although if I want to afford a mount it seems I'd better be.
Playing on PS4 and am around level 10

I tried for a few hours but thought it was terrible, so gave up :lol: The tutorial was a disaster.

The tutorial is especially bad. It sounds like you gave it a bash after that, but if not I'd definitely recommend giving it another few hours. It opens up a lot after that. 

• Upvote 1

Saw the word Morrowind and immediately wanted to play the original game again. the cynic in me does feel they're trading on the name to drum up interest.

I mentioned in the other TESO thread but I also recently purchased this when Zenimax did a 50% sale for valentines. Generally enjoying it (lvl 19, Altmer Sorcerer - everything in Magika). Some of it is standard MMO fare but it's standing out enough. I particularly think the PVE questing is very well done, and the organic grouping of players is about the best I have ever seen.

I did think the business model was very well done at first but have since realised that the 'gamble crates' basically contain the best looking cosmetics in the game and that has annoyed me a bit. Although the game can be cheap if you ignore this and the optional sub.

When people say the tutorial are you referring to the 'Coldharbour' bit at the start, or the first area? The Coldharbour bit was over very quickly.

18 minutes ago, Vimster said:

Saw the word Morrowind and immediately wanted to play the original game again. the cynic in me does feel they're trading on the name to drum up interest.

Of course they are. Quite clever because it will work for them. I suspect it also means that if there is another Elder Scrolls project in the works from Bethesda (I'm sure there is) it absolutely means it isn't a remake or anything to do with that area. Otherwise Bethesda wouldn't have allowed it. 

I received an email last night from Humble Bundle with a few weekend deals; Humble Bundle Store link.

So discounts on all three current versions (non-Steam direct versions) however what caught my eye is that the pre-order price for the Morrowind upgrades are £10 cheaper. So you can get it for £29.99 or £39.99. I think I'm going to take advantage of this deal to get the Morrowind Collector's upgrade. I know the game can be purchased from CD Key sites but this seems the cheapest, official way to get the upcoming expansion on PC (again not the Steam version).

Thought I would post it, in case anyone was interested.

Logged in today (PC) to be greeted with a 7.5GB update. It turns out that Morrowind is now open to those with early access...

This had passed me by as although I received an email on the 24 April confirming I was in the Morrowind early access I hadn't really looked into the details (also not sure how I qualified for the early access). Anyway tonight I've checked my Humble Bundle purchase page and despite being told the code to redeem Morrowind wouldn't be available until the 6th June, it was also there! So I've been able to upgrade to Morrowind and all my digital goodies are unlocked and available. It looks like the early access is open to any PC/Mac customers who purchase the digital upgrade. Woot! :D

Unfortunately my level 26 Altmer Sorcerer is still trying to get through Grahtwood and I would like to finish the main questline and that before venturing anywhere. But still a nice surprise, and posting to let anyone know in case it's of interest.

I've been playing the last few days and am thoroughly impressed.

Vvardenfell feels better designed than the base game areas, quests are much more quality over quantity. For each region you're doing 2 or 3 lengthy, interesting quests rather than 10 forgettable ones. One particular quest in Balmora took nearly 2 hours and had a really satisfying conclusion.

I started the new class too, the warden and so far so good, it has a dps, healer and tank skill line. I've opted for tank so I can join some dungeons without needing to queue for ages, the skills look great and it seems perfectly viable (although it is early days).

If this is the approach the game is going for with its additional content then i'm going to keep coming back. I find it to be an incredibly rewarding single player experience as well as great for teaming up with pals.

Screenshot_20170526_180253.thumb.png.2ffcca3d4d29a13575eb3b67e466c57a.png

• Upvote 1

Maybe I'll try it again one day. I was enjoying it on the Xbox, but hit dead ends everywhere with missions I couldn't handle on my own and it being too difficult to find others to team up with (cos no one uses the voice chat). Haven't been near it since Fallout 4 was released though!

I love the questing and the way it organically groups players in public dungeons/delves etc. Also looks to have a relevant solo PVE endgame which will be nice once I get there. So really good to hear positive things about the new area and the quality of quests.

My lvl 27 Sorcerer below (not the best screenshot - sorry). My big problem is that I keep getting distracted by other games. Only yesterday I started trying Path of Exile (due to the Twitch Prime loot this month) and ended up losing 5 hours to that :unsure:

Screenshot_20170529_111558_zpswdqi1ium.p