gospvg

Elder Scrolls Online - Morrowind

Cheers for that. Really appreciate your post.

I ended up rolling a warden first and have only done the tutorial quest so really have no idea yet. But yeah it’s weird I can wear all kinds of armour and use any weapons - interesting you could have a healing priest type with a massive sword and heavy armour. :D

Looking forward to exploring more.

how do you switch from first to third person? 

1 hour ago, disperse and recoagulate said:

I just use the mouse wheel to zoom in and out (I'm on PC) and this includes going into first person view.  There is a key (V I believe) to also do the same thing. On console (or controller) I believe it's Dpad down to switch.

That said I do find first person mode a bit weird feeling in TESO. Probably due to the slowing turning/mouse speed. I don't personally like the view as much as the main series of Elder Scrolls games. 

6 hours ago, disperse and recoagulate said:

Looking forward to exploring more.

@disperse and recoagulate

Yea it's a good game and definitely a bit of a slow burner with LOADS of content to experience, areas to explore and game mechanics to get your head around.

On consoles TAP dpad down to change from 1st to 3rd person and HOLD dpad down and adjust camera zoom view with the right stick.

The game is a lot more fun to play with friends who can join you on most quests as back up or to quest together. 

Give it a while and you'll probably get really into it.

Add me as a friend if on euro xbox servers and I can help you out with a few things early doors if you want? :hat:

Played a bit now and after initial confusion I ended up getting straight on a boat and going to what I assume was one of the original starter towns. So I did a few quests: killed a few pirates, helped a lad kill his own dad under the instruction of the mother/wife (strange), destroyed some rats nests, fed some treacle drinks to some injured seamen, just a standard day at the office really. Turns out the play I probably started was vv-something and after being annoyed at running everywhere I googled if I should have a mount. Turns out not (?) but I did learn that I had a mailbox and there I discovered the version I bought was the discovery pack so I was given a quest to return to where I started an outfit I didn’t like to took straight off, and a non-combat pet dog. Seen a few players running about with a Bear, which I guess comes with the animal line of spec, so I’ll look boss milling about with a dog and a Bear soon. Oh but anyway I ended up at mistral and got ANOTHER quest to return to vv-starting zone, so when I next go on i’ll Probably get back on the boat and go home and start the line of quests there. Had fun this afternoon though, seems a good game. I like how other players are just wandering about doing the same quests, but don’t get in the way. I’m happy solo for now but it’s good to know the possibility of teaming up is there. My mate use to play so might get him to roll a new character and we can join forces eventually, but for now my hero warden ‘Baz Baz’ shall continue his quest alone, with his dog, and possibly a Bear.

Also coming from WoW (albeit many years ago) it’s very strange being a mage with a bow. At least I put a robe on to keep up some appearances. :P

Level 50 at last!

After what seems like ages I finally levelled my first character to max level. Started off immediately getting 10 Champion Points (which I assume is normal) but they seem to be gained very quickly to begin with. Lots still to do like completing my faction and main storyline, exploring other faction zones, trying DLC, Morrowind etc. Also most of my skills that need to be maxed.

Apart from a bit of Destiny 2 this has been something I've had difficulty putting down of late, even when I've got loads of other games to catch up on. 

a3SmDOf.png

I've bought the tamriel unlimited game from cdkeys for about 5 euro because my friend got this as part of the humble monthly and I have to say I'm enjoying it a lot. It's a lot more like the single player games than I thought it would be, it definitely has the same 'I wonder what would be inside this cave' exploration. 

I even ordered morrowind from Amazon now (on cdkeys it's quite expensive for some reason). Just wondering now if I should continue playing in the main game zones before going into morrowind. Or I guess I could make a new character for that. Choices... 

Apologies a bit late, but ZOS are doing another free crate weekend for their new upcoming season (probably going to be the norm now): https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-gb/news/post/26249?Introducing-the-Flame-Atronach-Crown-Crates-&-Giveaway-Weekend

In short login today, tomorrow and Sunday and kill an enemy to earn a free crate (up to 3 for each day) from the new season.

I dunno if anyone is still playing this but if you're on PC you might want to take a look at this

http://massivelyop.com/2018/06/01/players-try-to-figure-out-how-to-opt-out-of-elder-scrolls-onlines-new-spyware/

Well, Elder Scrolls Online players aren’t too pleased at the discovery that ZeniMax is using a program called Red Shell to track where its players live and what they are doing as part of the game’s marketing effort. There’s a concerted effort on the forums to find the best way to either block or opt out of the spyware software for privacy reasons. The program also raises issues concerning Europe’s new GDPR laws, as players are not given the explicit option to opt in or out of the program, though that might be covered by the game’s privacy policy.

• Upvote 1

Oh dear. Cheers for the heads up @Flub. If I read that correctly it looks like they added the tracking software just before GDPR went live. But it appears there's a workaround to block it, and an email address to opt-out of this data collection. That said I guess really ZOS are going to have to address the allegations at some point.

I've recently returned to the game, partly due to seeing some streamers playing it. Nowhere near the new content but my Magicka Sorc is CP 72 and have completed the main Aldmeri Dominion storyline and working through their final original zone. After this only 2 Chapters (levels) left for the main storyline. Hopefully then can venture into some of the DLC and expansion(s) content at last.

I'd like to play more but I really can't decide on a platform to settle on. I have all three versions. I might give the XBox X version a try at some point.

Indeed. Warframe is a another example I'd like to play on console. For me my MMO's (and Warframe) are still something I need a PC for.