rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
gospvg

Monthly Release Dates - February 2017 - What are you buying?

Just now, HarryBizzle said:

Possibly Horizon but I'll wait for reviews. Will probably wait and get that and Nier when they're both reduced in price. 

I had to do a quick check to see if I had missed that off the list, it's out 10th March.

Horizon looks nice but considering the inability to make a decent story on any of the Killzone games I'll hold off for an opinion or 2, I also worry it'll only run well on a PS Pro and I'm not intending on upgrading any time soon.

I would probably have bought Horizon if it had good reviews, but with Zelda and the Switch out on March 3rd there's no point me getting halfway through Horizon and then ditching it for Zelda. And there's no doubt I would ditch it for Zelda in a heartbeat. So I'll probably end up getting Horizon once it's reduced, pending reviews. Not really interested in anything else there, March is when it all starts kicking off.

1 minute ago, Mortis said:

Horizon looks nice but considering the inability to make a decent story on any of the Killzone games I'll hold off for an opinion or 2, I also worry it'll only run well on a PS Pro and I'm not intending on upgrading any time soon.

This is my worry with the majority of the big PS4 titles coming this year that they will only really play well on the Pro. They need to get more stock of PS4 Pro to retail ideally a bundle deal with Mass Effect will do me nicely.

Still addicted to Yakuza 0 so not too worried about buying any of those right now to be honest.  If I crack though it'll be for Sniper Elite 4, it's a series I like a lot.

Nioh and Horizon Zero Dawn will defo be getting bought but not this month as I'm concentrating on RE7 and may Yakuza Zero before the impending release of Zelda. 

Zelda is gonna get caned so hard. 

February will be all about Nioh for me.

Incredibly sceptical about Horizon so will be waiting for the Forum verdict before picking that up.

NIOH and Ys Origin are both on my "to buy after a pricedrop or when I actually have time to play them" list.

RPGs are coming thick and fast this year:

Jan: Yakuza, Berseria, Kingdom Hearts

Feb: NIOH, Ys

March: Persona 5, Zelda

• Upvote 1

Cautiously optimistic about Horizon. The story will be ghastly - I feel pretty confident in saying that much from the story trailers we've seen and going by Guerilla's past output - but I'm hopeful the combat will hold up, and that the world will be small, contained and interesting, and not a big bloated open-world with a million fetch quests and collectibles.

Nioh almost certainly, unless the reviews are savage. I always miss the Souls games at launch, as they have a habit of releasing when I'm away, so it'll be nice to go through one of these games at the same time as everyone else.

At a push Nioh. Will wait to hear some feedback from in here first. Will probably wait until it's cheap, so most likely nothing. I'll try and clear some of the backlog before Nier Automata in March.

@gospvgOut of interest is Ys Origin actually getting a UK release this month? I can't find it up for pre-order anywhere?

4 minutes ago, gossi the dog said:

At a push Nioh. Will wait to hear some feedback from in here first. Will probably wait until it's cheap, so most likely nothing. I'll try and clear some of the backlog before Nier Automata in March.

@gospvgOut of interest is Ys Origin actually getting a UK release this month? I can't find it up for pre-order anywhere?

I can't see it on any retail store so it must be a digital only release?

http://www.mcvuk.com/press-releases/read/ys-origin-is-coming-to-playstation-reg-4-and-playstation-reg-vita-on-february-21-with-exclusive-new-languages-and-features/0176255

14th February

For Honor (PS4, XB1, & PC)

Sniper Elite 4 (PS4, XB1 & PC

Nothing says romance like a skull cleaving broadsword or a bullet to the temple. 

• Upvote 3

I've got R6 Siege on pre order.

I think the beta has convinced me to buy For Honor

I think Zero Dawn will be a check reviews

I think Nioh will be too rock hard for me.

Bear in mind we should also get Dirt Rally VR in Feb.

Nioh loved the beta and I've book a day off work for the occasion so when I saw 9th of Feb at the top of the tread I started to get a bit sweaty! Comes out on the eighth;)

• Upvote 3

Nioh for sure and I'm still curious about Halo Wars 2 and Horizon. I'm not convinced I'll pay full price for either though, especially with Zelda coming out just a few days later. 

20 minutes ago, MrEPotato said:

Nioh loved the beta and I've book a day off work for the occasion so when I saw 9th of Feb at the top of the tread I started to get a bit sweaty! Comes out on the eighth;)

Sorry that is my fault for using US sites for release day info.

I've now edited them out & replaced them.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, U-1 said:

Incredibly sceptical about Horizon so will be waiting for the Forum verdict before picking that up.

First hour - Its amazing, GOTY material

Fourth hour - Completed it already, 4/10

• Upvote 2