Square Enix The Avengers Project

BitterToad

5 minutes ago, Mr Cochese said:

Probably Final Fantasy with Avengers in it.

Crazy! It's clearly Tomb Raider Reboot with Avengers in it. Press X to perform action sequence. Hold forward to perform chase sequence. Endless cutscene acted by idiots. Repeat.

Just now, Broker said:

Crazy! It's clearly Tomb Raider Reboot with Avengers in it. Press X to perform action sequence. Hold forward to perform chase sequence. Endless cutscene acted by idiots. Repeat.

I forgot that Square is just a regular publisher now. Yeah, probably that.

1 minute ago, Broker said:

I wouldn't be surprised if it's like the tomb raider reboot but your points are mute...  The tomb raider games are pretty great.  

Just now, Wiper said:

Oh good, let's see what the I Can't Believe It's Not Uncharted studio can do with the Avengers. I imagine it'll be not-Uncharted again.

Rise of the Tomb Raider is a better game than any of the Uncharteds. Maybe not in terms of story but certainly in terms of gameplay.

13 minutes ago, Mr Cochese said:

Probably Final Fantasy with Avengers in it.

6 minutes ago, Broker said:

Crazy! It's clearly Tomb Raider Reboot with Avengers in it.

It's Densha de Go with Avengers in it. Take the heroes on an epic train journey, making stops at Asgard, Stark Tower, SHIELD HQ etc.

Just now, Darhkwing said:

I wouldn't be surprised if it's like the tomb raider reboot but your points are mute...  The tomb raider games are pretty great.  

They're the kind of idiot proof, sparsely interactive crap that that there's just no need to call a game. Cut the insulting QTE sections and just present it as the shit film it is.

Don't worry guys, we'll find out some more info soon.

A game based on beloved Marvel heroes, The Avengers project is being crafted by Crystal Dynamics – longtime developers of the award winning Tomb Raider series – in collaboration with lauded Deus Ex developer Eidos-Montréal.

The Avengers project is being designed for gamers worldwide and will be packed with all the characters, environments, and iconic moments that have thrilled longtime fans of the franchise. Featuring a completely original story, it will introduce a universe gamers can play in for years to come. More details on The Avengers project and other games will be announced in 2018. 

Oh.

2 minutes ago, Vemsie said:

Them and the Deus Ex Is Now Probably Dead studio.

Ah, if only it were being presented as being developed by Eidos Montreal in collaboration with Crystal Dynamics rather than the other way around I'd be a lot more interested. Assuming it's that Eidos Montreal that's involved of course, and not the Thief-destroying team. 

16 minutes ago, Broker said:

They're the kind of idiot proof, sparsely interactive crap that that there's just no need to call a game. Cut the insulting QTE sections and just present it as the shit film it is.

Another with an axe to find with Telltale.

I feel you bro.

22 minutes ago, RubberJohnny said:

Remember Broker giving the first one "9/10, better than Uncharted" and then instantly turning on the series and calling it "bargain bin crap" the moment it became exclusive?

Whats funniest about you is how you invent this crap and then just start saying it without any evidence. If you really want to succeed in your desperate bid to be a shit version of CGMF you need to put the work in and find quotes.

You're also a moron if you think "better than uncharted" is a compliment from me, that series is the most overrated shit in the world. Obviously that doesn't fit with the narrative you've invented though.

The only one pathetically obsessed round here is you. You're so desperate to prove what a clever grownup you are in comparison to everyone else that you jump on anything you can screaming "fanboy". Find something better to do with your time than concocting conspiracy theories and desperately looking for evidence of them and you might not come off like such a creepy stalker.

Edit: Oh look, he's noticed he's being an inaccurate twat and deleted it.

29 minutes ago, Broker said:

Whilst I agree the first has an issue with qte and the sequel has a crap story - they are still fun games.

Sure,  its unlikely you would get stuck on easier difficulties but maybe try upping the difficulty for a proper challenge? 

56 minutes ago, RubberJohnny said:

Jeez people have the knives out.

Yeah, I was just disappointed as seeing Squeenix's name attached I'd thought that maybe we might be in for an interesting game - as generic as the Avengers/superheroes in general are, in the right hands you could do fun things with a superhero theme (see the near misses with whichever Spiderman game it was that absolutely nailed the fun of swinging around a city, but fell over when it came to everything else), so coming in and finding out they'd stuck their most boring studio on the job was a bit of a shame.

Still, who knows, maybe they won't be making a cut-scene-heavy, limited-set-piece-oriented action adventure (with nods to an open-world and crafting) this time! I mean, go back before the Tomb Raider reboot and CD did actually put out some decent puzzley action adventures with their earlier Tomb Raiders and the Legacy of Kain games, so maybe they can reimagine themselves again.

So clearly both the last Deus Ex and Tomb Raider games were amazing financial successes for SquareSoft to have to pay Disney-Marvel to obtain a popular license to justify keeping both of these studios in work instead of solely concentrating on their own pillars, that press release mentions multiple projects.

Well a quick visit to the fount of all knowledge cleared that thought up, apparently Eidos Montreal and Crystal Dynamics are both working on possibly separate Tomb Raider sequels/spin-offs while also doing this Marvel project together and another one too for the Canadians:

So Eidos Montreal is on Shadow of the Tomb Raider and multiple Marvel projects (Avengers and another). Not much room for another series...

6 minutes ago, Wiper said:

Yeah, I was just disappointed as seeing Squeenix's name attached I'd thought that maybe we might be in for an interesting game - as generic as the Avengers/superheroes in general are, in the right hands you could do fun things with a superhero theme (see the near misses with whichever Spiderman game it was that absolutely nailed the fun of swinging around a city, but fell over when it came to everything else), so coming in and finding out they'd stuck their most boring studio on the job was a bit of a shame.

Calling back to PS2 Spiderman strikes me as a bit bizarre, we have the Batman Arkham games which are well liked (and not considered generic).