Sign in to follow this  
JohnC

Shaft (2019)

35 minutes ago, Wickedkitten said:

They need to go ahead and make a Ride Along/Jump Street/Bad Boys crossover

I'd rather they did a Jump Street/Central Intelligence crossover. You could have Hart eyeballing Cube and Channing eyeballing Dwayne like they recognise each other from their other buddy movies, and Jonah all like "no-one knows me :(".

1 minute ago, Tetchy said:

I'd rather they did a Jump Street/Central Intelligence crossover. You could have Hart eyeballing Cube and Channing eyeballing Dwayne like they recognise each other from their other buddy movies, and Jonah all like "no-one knows me :(".

add that in too, Kevin Hart can be a double agent

Starts shooting next month. Alexandra Shipp is joining Samuel L. Jackson and Richard Roundtree.

Working for the FBI, estranged from his father and determined not to be anything like him, John Shaft Jr. reluctantly enlists his father’s help to find out who killed his best friend Karim and bring down a drug-trafficking/money-laundering operation in NYC.

Netflix are financing more than half of it and will stream it internationally after New Line gives it a theatrical run in the US.

Omg

I’m a big fan of the Jackson ‘Shaft’ film from  - 2000? 2001? - but this almost looks like they decided to ‘21 Jump St’ the premise. 

I will, of course, watch it. 

I'm torn. On one hand I love Samuel and want to watch every movie hes in, on the other I hate remakes that are made just to generator more money for rich shareholders. This movie is going to be so predictable I'm probably not going to watch it. This movie is made for millenials, not fans of shaft 1971

Edit: reboot obviously, not remake. 

Edited by Stevie

This follows on from the 2000 movie and the original series (i.e. no reboot) right? Looks good. I liked the 2000 movie, got it on DVD still. Christian Bale as the racist rich white bloke - worked for me!

2 hours ago, MechE said:

Everyone should watch that trailer whilst repeating "Samuel L Jackson is 70 years old".

Well, there's a stunning fact- I thought he was early fifties, tops. Amazing to think that he was nearly fifty around the time Pulp Fiction was released.

Looks like outside of the US this is going to be released on Netflix two weeks after the US cinema release. Saves me a trip to the cinema I suppose. 

19 hours ago, SeanR said:

He was THIRTY NINE when he did Coming to America.

And he had his breakthrough in The Long Kiss Good Night, didnt he? He was great in that film. 

On 08/02/2019 at 13:19, DeciderVT said:

Well, there's a stunning fact- I thought he was early fifties, tops. Amazing to think that he was nearly fifty around the time Pulp Fiction was released.

i had to double check that. That's crazy.

36 minutes ago, John Edward Gammell said:

No, it was Pulp Fiction two years beforehand. 

Wow. For some reason I thought PF came years later.