rllmuk
Goose

Terminator 6: Dark Fate - Cameron to oversee - November 2019

T2 is still my favourite movie,  even if looks a little dated in some scenes .

If they gonna have John back , if it isn't John then get someone who at least looks like him. I think Daryl from walking dead could play the part well but even then I'd prefer the original John.

That’s definitely a little bit exciting.

My view is, they can’t fuck up the series even more. If my man JC is involved, Linda is signed up, and they bin off T3/T4/T5, I’m interested in seeing what they have cooking up. I’m sure James Cameron always had some ideas for where he’d take the series after T2, and I’m sure we’ll be seeing some of that here.

I think the only way I'd be interested in another Terminator film is if they did a massive about-turn, ditched the overblown and increasingly stupid action and made a small-scale, nightmarish sci fi horror - like the first film. But then, it'd be a kind of remake of the first film, which would be utterly superfluous. So, what would be the point? Paradoxically, I'd not be interested.

• Upvote 3

I'm willing to give this the benefit of the doubt. Getting linda Hamilton and James Cameron back is great and the fact this will be a true terminator 3...

Can t be any worse than genesys surely.

Cameron rarely lets me down. Even Avatar was a wonderful spectacle at the time, in spite of the hokey story. I’m definitely interested to revisit Terminator with him heavily involved. Plus Hamilton looks fucking fantastic in those photos, she rocks that hair style and body armour.

• Upvote 2

18 hours ago, SpagMasterSwift said:

I just hope its got some of the brilliance of the original rather than following on from the cheesy as fuck second one.

Everyone just keep swimming!! ;)

On 21/06/2018 at 17:38, Darhkwing said:

I'm willing to give this the benefit of the doubt. Getting linda Hamilton and James Cameron back is great and the fact this will be a true terminator 3...

Can t be any worse than genesys surely.

Everyone always uses Genesys as the example but at least that film was entertainingly shit.

Salvation, now that's a truly awful boring slog of a film. 

• Upvote 2

I think I need to go outside and shake myself as I liked both...... and the Matrix sequels...... and Prometheus & Covenant.

Was probs dropped on my head as a baby or summat.

• Upvote 1
  • Empathy 1

5 hours ago, Gambit said:

Everyone always uses Genesys as the example but at least that film was entertainingly shit.

Salvation, now that's a truly awful boring slog of a film. 

I agree, I could watch Genesys again but I have no desire to ever see Salvation one more time.

They're both shit, I have no desire to see either ever again.

My biggest worry, even is if Cameron is involved was that he said Genesys was great, so how the fuck can you trust him?

Why can't any of these studios revive Aliens/Terminator/Robocop/Predator in the same respectful manner as something like Paddington when it was brought back in 2015?

Or at least do an Aliens vs Paddington crossover.

• Upvote 5