rllmuk
Goose

Terminator 6: Dark Fate - Cameron to oversee - November 2019

So every film since Terminator 3 was supposed to be the start of a new trilogy?

Kind of ironic that they’re now a trilogy of shit Terminator sequels.

• Upvote 5

Just out of seeing this, thought it was enjoyable enough,  bolstered by a strong performance from Mackenzie Davis.  It certainly could have been better in a few places though.  Even some of the stuff it did right had a few issues.  The biggest one being that Miller doesn’t appear to be able to direct things to really keep track of where everything is.  The opening action scene I really liked - it’s exciting, well paced, and structured in a way that flows sensibly and people react to things in ways you’d expect, or they try to get the upper hand by doing things that make sense.  That said, there’s a number of times in the cars where it’s real easy to lose track of where everyone is and where the vehicles are in relation to each other.  It’s not the end of the world, but it makes them harder to follow at times.

Its also fair to say it outstays it’s welcome a bit and does that thing where the end action sequence is probably the least interesting but gets stretched out into several sections rather than shortening it.

I’d probably give it 6 thumbs up while being lowered into molten metal out of 10.

• Upvote 2

Just watched this. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Was not expecting to, but there you go. 

• Upvote 3

Watched this tonight and thought it was a right stinker. The thing they do at the start was really interesting and then in just descents into 2 hours of chaos and bullshit.

It's done now, Hollywood just fuck this franchise off please and let's all just enjoy the 2 masterpieces it gave us.

• Upvote 3

There is ONE way to fix all of this, a reboot of the original presented as a horror film starring Dwayne Johnson 

image.png.7d17e8d90a9f92e742e42804f9b6dc4d.png

• Upvote 2
  • Empathy 1

NO!!!

No more fucking reboots. No fucking soft reboot sequels just regurgitating the original with stupid fan satisfying references to the original.

Just come up with a new fucking idea! 

• Upvote 7

Saw a pretty good yaaarrrr version yesterday and I enjoyed it. Dumb yes but sometimes you need that after a shit day at work.

Hamilton is great as is Arnie.

It’s better than the last one anyway 

(I know, worst praise ever) 

I thought it was quite entertaining.

The only thing that I didn't like was the young Mexican girl. When two of her relatives died she didn't even scream or cry, and was helping rob a chemists within 5 minutes. The future version was laughable.

Arnie though, was fucking incredible. Completeley stole the show as Carl. His acting and timing was on another level to everyone else in the film.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, gone fishin' said:

NO!!!

No more fucking reboots. No fucking soft reboot sequels just regurgitating the original with stupid fan satisfying references to the original.

A-FUCKING-MEN

13 hours ago, gone fishin' said:

NO!!!

The Regurgitator!!!!

Feels no pity or remorse and absolutely will not stop until it has shat all over the remnants of a once mighty franchise.

This being said I did actually think this latest one was a marked improvement on the last few.

One of the main problems is that robots aren't scary any more. Back when the original Terminator came out it was playing to the whole "where does it end?" fears of a generation staring down the barrel of an automation gun.

In 2020, we know where it ends.

image.png.449529fc74aa79dcbc8bc2e67c8a04c7.png

Make a modern day horror film about, I dunno, an Amazon Prime delivery driver who gets lost, delaying the heroes delivery or something. Much more relevant these days.

I tend to agree that Terminator should just be Terminated.

But, if they have to carry on (they don't) then they should at least re-examine the premise and make something relevant to what we know about the future, automation and AI algorithms.

An intelligence from the future wouldn't hunt an American person down with a gun robot, it would exploit our surveillance capitalism to set the increasingly militarised police after them. A film where the hero gets SWATted and police brutalitied, where he's framed for terrorism and the populace are chasing him down while filming it on their iPhones and so on.

• Upvote 3

I enjoyed this. The new Terminator was done superbly; his absolute singular focus on getting his target was chilling. Some properly tense sequences as well.

Couple of shit bits. The entire humvee section was trash, but there you go. Dani was hopelessly miscast.

But everyone else made up for them. Third best Terminator movie made. 

On 23/01/2020 at 16:56, Uncle Mike said:

I tend to agree that Terminator should just be Terminated.

But, if they have to carry on (they don't) then they should at least re-examine the premise and make something relevant to what we know about the future, automation and AI algorithms.

An intelligence from the future wouldn't hunt an American person down with a gun robot, it would exploit our surveillance capitalism to set the increasingly militarised police after them. A film where the hero gets SWATted and police brutalitied, where he's framed for terrorism and the populace are chasing him down while filming it on their iPhones and so on.

that's a different film \ franchise.  Viewers want to see a gun robot when they go and see a terminator film.

Just watched.  Enjoyed it.  The CGI was a bit poor in places...the terminators in the opening sequence were particularly bad...and the action sequences a bit ott but more good than bad.