rllmuk
Jonny5

Formula One - 2017 Season

36 minutes ago, marsh said:

Just me or did you think the cheating German was looking to roll that car into someone while he ambled along the track backwards? I thought he was looking to get that race red flagged before even he figured it probably wasn't a wise move.

Just you then. 

23 hours ago, wev said:

Guy Martin joining Williams' pit crew at Spa is on Channel 4 right now

Actually saw some stuff I hadn't noticed in pit stops before - the two men "bracing" the car to keep it level, particularly.

Ironic too that

Spoiler

They ended up doing a "stack" stop for the two cars, the most stressful it can get for a pit crew. That slow first stop was definitely the strategist's fault though, switching what he wanted less than 30 seconds before the stop.

• Upvote 1

On 9/18/2017 at 09:33, marsh said:

I think he was too close to the racing line, he could quite easily have been closer to the wall.

But yeah, just me then...

"Quite easily" at 50mph+ going backwards with cars and debris everywhere, no rear visibility, negative downforce, fluid pouring under the tyres and possibly wheel/tyre/suspension damage? :)

The commentators do keep banging bom about how they're the best drivers in the world! :P

Although seriously, head on collisions are supposedly the one sort of crash they're not designed for - anything else you'll almost definitely walk away from, one of those has a high risk of getting a front wing in the face at 150mph - so he was probably very reluctant to try moving from that straight line parallel to the wall!

I take it back, having watched it a few times there was no intent there.

He still should have parked it while it vomited it's guts out onto an already greasy track......but yeah. Not up to the usual standards of cheating ;)

One interest point I saw.

Kvyat is one transgression away from a race ban.  If he gets anything in Japan he'd miss the US GP.

The US GP is the one remaining GP this season Gasly couldn't do.

So in that respect it's partially protectionist.

Lady Luck finally shows Lewis some love.

pole & Seb at the back of the grid. After last week that’s awesome for his championship chances, gonna enjoy seeing Seb battle through tomorrow though for sure. Sure he’ll end up with a chunk of points.