rllmuk
Jonny5

Formula One - 2017 Season

36 minutes ago, Wallace said:

The deal ensures parity with the works team and Red Bull.

Is that the same parity the Merc teams are supposed to get? in a 'you will get a new engine but we've only been able to build two for this weekend....'

3 minutes ago, marsh said:

Is that the same parity the Merc teams are supposed to get? in a 'you will get a new engine but we've only been able to build two for this weekend....'

I guess it's the same parity that Red Bull currently have with Renault? 

10 hours ago, kiroquai said:

I dunno, really. A lot of focus is put on the Honda engine, but I am not convinced that McLaren are making particularly good chassis to house them in either. They'll have nothing to hide behind next year now, so will be interesting to see where they end up.

As someone who grew up watching F1 in the late 80's and 90's, 'McLaren Renault' sounds really weird.

I read an article recently (think it was on the BBC Sport website) that said the McLaren chassis is competitive right now, it's the lack of horsepower letting it down.

23 hours ago, marsh said:

They're all going to look like shit with the Halo nailed to the front of them, regardless of what's pushing them forward I'll not take more than a passing glance at it.

Anyway, expect a power struggle as to who's getting what next year, those upgraded power units will be going in the back of their own cars first, the TAG units to Redbull and the crumbs to Mclolren.

:lol:

Sad but true.

Ricciardo and Verstappen to Ferrari and Mercedes in 2019 then I guess, I'll take Ricciardo at Ferrari please.

I bet after all the shit they got from RBR despite the great success they helped with, Renault enjoyed saying you can sod off to Honda as well.

• Upvote 1

On 13/09/2017 at 08:25, kiroquai said:

I dunno, really. A lot of focus is put on the Honda engine, but I am not convinced that McLaren are making particularly good chassis to house them in either. They'll have nothing to hide behind next year now, so will be interesting to see where they end up.

After all they were pretty shit for a while before Honda weren't they? Pretty much from the moment Hamilton left.

So, Alonso to Williams or Kubica?

I don't think McLaren have anything to lose now, the engine regs change in four years, I can only see the engines finding their way into the back of the Redbull a bit quicker if they turn it around at some point.

Updated my predictions last night for the first time in at least three races. Hoping to pick up a few more points now I've no longer got Grosjean down in both 7th and 10th :huh:

• Upvote 1

Horner was interviewed by Brundle earlier and pretty much stated there was more to come from their tie up. Seeing as Aston make their own engines in Germany, I think it's a shoe in when the regs change. No wonder Renault have told them to poke it.

Brittney just became a dad.

taking the "getting away from F1" thing waaaaay to seriously. Hey, you'd think F1 will have come far enough in 18-20 years that his daughter could win a world championship?

• Upvote 3

The F1 doesn't get broadcast in Japan any more, and usually I am able to find somewhere to watch it online a day or two after the event, but there has been nothing at all since Spa. Did the powers that be crack down on piracy? I haven't heard anything, but there's usually four or five different sources so it's kind of weird that nobody at all uploaded any sessions from Monza or Singapore.