rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Jonny5

Formula One - 2017 Season

Yeah, I think the guys owning Sauber are still hanging on hoping Ferrari decide that they need a Toro Rosso-esque F1 team for their young drivers and decide to buy them and rebadge it as Alfa Romeo.

The rumour was Honda in 2018 last I heard.

5 hours ago, wev said:

There's a few more stickers on there but it's not the Petronas days sadly

I count 4.  and 2 of those are "Marcus Ericsson".

I wonder how much it costs to get your logo on that shitty black strip running on the bottom edge of the car? you know, just beneath that vast empty white space that has a fistfull of logo's you can't quite see...

I seem to remember reading somewhere a few years back that £15k would get you the cheapest advertising spot on a Manor. Not sure if that was for one race or the whole season!

Hopefully Liberty can do something about the lack of sponsorship on most of the cars,even Mercedes seemed to have a car with only a few sponsors last season

23 hours ago, marsh said:

I wonder how much it costs to get your logo on that shitty black strip running on the bottom edge of the car? you know, just beneath that vast empty white space that has a fistfull of logo's you can't quite see...

Most of the time they tend to be suppliers and technical partnerships.

Going by McLaren's teasing I expect to see some orange on the new car. I reckon they will bottle having it fully orange though. Their promos have a sort of neon outline to them all so I'm gonna say it will be mostly black with orange highlights.

Some 2017 helmets:

Grosjaen

C36QgGGWcAALT0m.jpg

Vandoorne

C5L2dMnWEAEiLfa.jpg

Red Bull Helmet 1 (Ricciardo)

C5RMdJzWQAEurvY.jpg

Red Bull Helmet 2 (Max)

C5Me9mfWMAAzTEa.png

Ocon and Perez

C5RrBLjWAAA56xy.jpg

Wehrlein

C5RxxTUWMAAfQ43.jpg

Hamilton

3d4d6c1ae16144688406763fcdc644c8.png

Can't say any really stand out, lots of busy messes, I'd quite like to see what Ricciardo has under the branding, I do like a white helmet and WTF Wehrlein?!

To be fair to Sauber, that is a two year old Ferrari engine in the back of it.

Check out the schlong on the force india. Interesting Red Bull type ridge above the shocks too....

I take it back about the FI dong, it's got a whiff of Williams tusk about it, the shaft of the dong appears to be joined to form wings.

Still not as good as last years effort.

4 cars in and nobody has sold the space on the new centre sail/wing for sponsorship? I get the distinct impression the money has long since sodded off to other formula?