Dauntless - F2P Monster Hunter clone from Phoenix Labs (ex Capcom, Blizzard, Bioware and Riot devs)

The spines time out and disapear after a while but by the time they have there's more out. The problem with leaving them alone is they end up scattered all over the place and they're sodding accurate. If you're not careful everyone is taking loads of damage from the orbs.

That's not the worst. On the harder difficulty versions of that one the spines sometimes get shields and you can only take down the shields by batting the orbs back at them.

The spines are also useful for powering up pikes with shots to twat him with. 

The real shitter is the end phase when he’s 100% aggroed. As soon as one or two people go down the fight is almost impossible. There doesn’t seem to be much of a tell that the spines have fires orbs so you just get battered from all directions whilst trying to dodge and hit the guy. It’s a bastard

First the bad news: I won't be on tonight (did I hear someone say "thank fuck for that"?) as Arsenal are playing 

The good news is I now have a Alarms Judgement +5 that has a standard of 300 power plus an additional 80 Terra (which I assume means it's good v Shock?)

8 minutes ago, wev said:

First the bad news: I won't be on tonight (did I hear someone say "thank fuck for that"?) as Arsenal are playing 

The good news is I now have a Alarms Judgement +5 that has a standard of 300 power plus an additional 80 Terra (which I assume means it's good v Shock?)

So what you're telling us, is that you could really help us down this bastard, but you're not going to because you want to watch football?

Thanks

:P

3 minutes ago, paulamagaula said:

So what you're telling us, is that you could really help us down this bastard, but you're not going to because you want to watch football?

Thanks

:P

Hey it's not often I watch Arsenal lose I Europe... Oh wait.

Do the Hunt Pass challenges reset tomorrow or Friday? In game it says 1 day but VG24/7 claim they update on Friday. I have two Terra Patrols and one "slay behemoth with frost weapon" to do 

I finally did the "Maelstrom Effect" quest - aka "gather materials from each of the behemoths". Happily, I also had a ton of rewards to pick up afterwards so I now have more blue mods on my loadout, and one purple! ("+3 Energized": +20% weapon charge rate.) Yay for new toys.

15 minutes ago, Qazimod said:

I finally did the "Maelstrom Effect" quest - aka "gather materials from each of the behemoths". Happily, I also had a ton of rewards to pick up afterwards so I now have more blue mods on my loadout, and one purple! ("+3 Energized": +20% weapon charge rate.) Yay for new toys.

Don't forget you can combine mods at the middleman to make higher ranked ones. Takes a while but there's no rush :)

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, wev said:

Do the Hunt Pass challenges reset tomorrow or Friday? In game it says 1 day but VG24/7 claim they update on Friday. I have two Terra Patrols and one "slay behemoth with frost weapon" to do 

Doesn't matter, managed to get two hunts in before the football.

So I took a break tonight and watched the first half of season 1 of the cartoon RWBY. The last big fight (Against essentially two behemoths) had me going "That was as Dauntless as fuck".

Would love to see a crossover bringing the RWBY weapons in. I mean Nora's grenade hammer is pretty much in anyway :)

I've been dipping in and out, Paula has been much more consistent bin her grinding. It's good. Not much else to say really. 

As for the Switch if it runs like dogshit on OG bone and PS4 Christ only knows what witchcraft they'll have to use to make it run well on switch.

• 1 month later...

Anyone still playing this? I decided to give it a go early this morning and I’ve been playing all day. Actually quite fun, I’m a bit surprised tbh. The cross platform support works a charm as well.

It's very good but by the Endgame there isn't much to do. The new season has started and I don't give a fuck. The grind is very very real once you get to rank 11 gear. It feels like the game is really well balanced in terms of grind right until the top end and they went "Er... Shit just make the upgrade amounts vast! Slow them down!"

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Is anyone still playing this - I have to say I'm having a lot of fun on Switch  - currently in level 7 gear and trying to farm stuff from that purple rat/dog that warps about a lot (bloody thing).

If anyone else is still playing, would be very happy to join a team/clan etc

1 hour ago, Blunted said:

I've downloaded it but not actually tried it yet, planning to give it a shot over the holidays. I take it that it plays ok on the Switch then?

Yeah, it runs OK - it's typically all over the shop in the 'Ramsgate' town hub with other folks jumping around everywhere, but when you're actually out on an isle hunting it's perfectly OK*.

* Caveat: yes it drops some frames here and there, but it plays just fine overall as far as I'm concerned and I'm enjoying it much more than I thought I would. I'm even considering picking up an 'Elite Pass'.

• Upvote 1