rllmuk
strawdonkey

Splatoon 2

2 minutes ago, DC07 said:

11tTNkNy1SdXGg.gif

I hear ya, but at least we get Splatfests...

And, you do have to admire how flipping great some of those folks are - when they are not lagging barstewards that is :angry:

F: Chargers also allow you to move while holding the charge now.

HN: We’re calling this ability to maintain your charge the “Charge Keep” [note: subject to change in English]. If you turn into squid form while holding a full charge, you can maintain the charged state briefly while moving around. When you exit squid form, you’ll still have the charge ready. If you take too long, though, the charged state will end.

Ouch. One of the joys in Splatoon was hunting Chargers with a rapid-fire weapon in the open; face them, then zig-zag towards them, timing your dips into the ink with their firing, your path making with their charging time: cover, swim, pop-up, turn and repeat.

If the bastards can now move while keeping their charge, that's off the table.

So I want to get into this having done nothing more than run around a bit in the first one. 

What tips would veterans give to a noob jumping into to trying the testfire having not played before?

1 hour ago, Yiggy said:

So I want to get into this having done nothing more than run around a bit in the first one. 

What tips would veterans give to a noob jumping into to trying the testfire having not played before?

Two tips. 

1) Think of yourself as Rambo submersed in the mud, waiting for an enemy to pass by so you can murder them quickly and efficiently from behind. 

2) Paint as much of the floor area as you can with the lurid bright coloured ink. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Barnard said:

Two tips. 

1) Think of yourself as Rambo submersed in the mud, waiting for an enemy to pass by so you can murder them quickly and efficiently from behind. 

2) Paint as much of the floor area as you can with the lurid bright coloured ink. 

:lol:

Perfect!

3 hours ago, Yiggy said:

Don't switch off the gyro controls.

3 hours ago, Yiggy said:

Winning is all about covering the floor with your jizz rather than killing the other team. But you may need to kill them to control an area. Use gyro controls and keep a close eye on the map. It's dead simple. And utterly brilliant. I'll be playing on Saturday morning slot. 

5 hours ago, Yiggy said:

If you've ever played another FPS before, switch off the gyro controls. :P

17 minutes ago, sir shrew said:

If you've ever played another FPS before, switch off the gyro controls. :P

If you ever want to enjoy another FPS in the future. Switch them off. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, gooner4life said:

Wtf is that schedule all about? Why don't Nintendo just turn the servers on for the weekend instead of an hour here and there.

Because they want to know what happens when the players are condensed into an hour long matchmaking, server killing dropped connection extravaganza. 

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, gooner4life said:

Wtf is that schedule all about? Why don't Nintendo just turn the servers on for the weekend instead of an hour here and there.

Because that would be sensible. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Larsen B said:

The discussion on Testfire times was a good 8-10 pages in the main Switch thread. Hopefully we can beat that before 7pm.

Nice.  Much nicer than the 'oh ffs not this again' that sprung to my mind as I just arrived in this thread!

We need more "this is not a proper sequel" and "why not just buy a Wii U" here too now :P

Hoping I can make the 7pm one as it looks like I'm going to have family visiting all weekend.... and F1... 

39 minutes ago, DC07 said:

If I can successfully splat just one Japanese player and teabag them within the allotted hour and then capture a screenshot of the victorious moment to put on my wall, it will be worth it.

Never forget what's awaiting you in Splatoon.

http://kotaku.com/why-japanese-splatoon-players-are-feared-1728427132

Dear god... When did pasting a bunch of links to tweets into a page come to constitute an article? *Shakes fist at sky*

• Upvote 1

They've missed a trick if they don't include some sort of local 2D top-down 4-player version of the main game. Minigame-style. Sort of like Bomberman but with painting the background.

Or maybe thatd be shit idea, actually.

Edited by sir shrew
  • Upvote 1

Not for any stress test, it's not that difficult to comprehend, is it? :huh: 

Maybe you can't understand the difference between them wanting to test the network stuff & you wanting a demo weekend... not really the same thing, is it?

It's really funny how differently people react because it's Nintendo; when we got a stress test for Dark Souls 2, people were just happy they got a chance to play the game early & be part of something, hardly anyone moaned that it was in hour slots.

38 minutes to go! :D:P:D

11 minutes ago, sir shrew said:

Looking forward to get a full rundown of the differences from Splatoon vets!

I haven't played Splatoon 2 yet but I can tell you its better already because of the pro controller support..