rllmuk
strawdonkey

Splatoon 2

Have dabbled in single player it seems alright but multi is where most my time has been.

300 plus hours which for me is insane. Can't get on with the joy cons at all on any shooter first or third person. Table top /TV mode with the pro controller is how I play . The battery charge on the pro controller is ridiculous seems to last forever.

With Xmas coming up see if you can get one under your tree . I know they are expensive but so worth it 

And yeah, I started it off playing a couple of games of Splatoon 2 after the fireworks finished!

Inky New Year, everyone!

• Upvote 1

An awful lot of Fam v Fam battles in Frosty Fest. I did not see that coming, especially with Marina representing friends. Fun nonetheless. By the end it almost felt like this team was family. Qu33n needs to work on her choreography, though.

1 hour ago, DC Lemon said:

@pozestbyalemon

Fuck! I didn't realise that was you, I've been beating your Ridge Racer vita ghosts and admiring the excellent zest pun.

On topic, I've only had one Fam mirror but am having a lot of team members who seem to have no idea how to play. Glad it's a two day fest because it gives a bit of time to mess about with the team synergy after maxing out.

• Upvote 1

We kinda like it in here...

I still miss a couple of weapons and stages from the first game on the WiiU, but the balancing they've done on this is a marvel. Any weapon type is useful in the right hands and nothing's completely OP; it's a case of finding the combination of weapon and gear that suits your play style and going for it. And working out how to counter or avoid bad guys with weapons you have trouble with...

Haven't seen the SplatFest results - was away at the weekend, although I had time to get to Queen on Friday night. I expected Fam to win the voting judging by the lack of Friend v Friend matches and the number of 100x matches won by Fam teams. Only had one 10x match, which we won.

3 hours ago, Isaac said:

Just bought this in the sale, and played some online skirmishes to get to level 4.

It's pretty special, isn't it?

Yes! And just wait until you hit level 10 and the real stuff opens up....

I'm still plugging away at this also. Very slow going, I seem to be playing about 2 matches a fortnight on average. Up to level 4 now. 

Here's some regrets:

- spending as long as I did on the single player

- trying to play in handheld mode

Those 2 things alone put me off the game and I therefore didn't play it as much. 

However since playing online I've seen the light. 

Splatoon 2 is also the only reason I've got the switch dock set up (granted it's not in the lounge which is one of the reasons I don't play that much).

Looking forward to getting a few more levels under my belt and checking out some new gear. 

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Yuujiin said:

Just remember in Clam Blitz you can super jump when you have the ball .

Yeah. It's not Rainmaker, chumps! Although don't super-jump back to your base if you do have the ball.

If you hear someone spamming 'This way!' after your target re-sets, they're probably camping the opponent's target, just waiting for you...

• Upvote 1

The rewards you get can be cool - you'll earn a lot of money from it and it's the best way to get food and drink tickets. Realistically though if you don't enjoy it as much as the other modes you can get by without it.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, strawdonkey said:

The rewards you get can be cool - you'll earn a lot of money from it and it's the best way to get food and drink tickets. Realistically though if you don't enjoy it as much as the other modes you can get by without it.

Ah, my kid absolutely loves it. Much more than the actual online battles. But he doesn't seem to be bothered that he can't level up if he just sticks to that mode. Lower levels mean missing out the cool gear though.

It's useful if you're serious about upgrading/levelling up in the main game.

You get drinks and meal tickets for Crusty Sean - drinks ticket boost the rate at which your gear levels up, and I like to have several lined up for a Splatfest; under the new rules, the Splatfest Tees keep coining ability chunks while you play, so drinks keep 'em coming quicker.

Food tickets can dramatically boost the rate you either gain experience points or coins at. So if you mix in the odd Salmon Run with your main game, you can always be boosting either levelling up or gaining coins or your gear.

Also, you can win gear - the gear you get has a random main ability, so if you're short of a specific type of ability, you can keep playing to get the same gear again, until you get the main you're after.

Other than that, it's a fun mode - and it forces you to get familiar with weapons that you don't otherwise play in other modes. And the Grizzco weapons can be a blast to play with.

• Upvote 2

I haven’t played much Salmon Run in recent months but I’m playing some tonight and this mystery weapons rotation on Ruins of Ark Polaris is more fun than the Splatfest. I’ve only played on this stage once before. The superbonus being ability chunks helps and I also noticed for the first time that there’s a reset rank option for Salmon Run. It’s very tempting!

2 hours ago, strawdonkey said:

I have to paint a ceiling tonight and all I want to do is defend pancakes. Curse you, adulthood.

There's something paradoxal about not wanting to paint but wanting to play Splatoon instead.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Keyboard Koala said:

There's something paradoxal about not wanting to paint but wanting to play Splatoon instead.

It's more the timing than the activity, but...

Today I strutted confidently towards the lobby like it would be my last day of S+9 Splat Zones salt, disappointments and bottlejobs.

I can retire now!

DzJqY2kXcAAKiKX.jpg

• Upvote 7

started the octo expansion the other day, i'm finding it ace and frustrating in equal measure, some levels i'm not sure i'll ever do, like one where you have to defend a balloon from bots, the bots kill me pretty quick let alone defending the thing. probably easy for splatoon pros but i haven't played in a while and was rubbish then anyway. also don't like the way you have to pay to replay the missions, 300 isn't too bad but some cost 3000, i'll be out of money in no time! that may sound negative but i can't wait to get back to it tomorrow :)

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Stanshall said:

Respect. I'd love to be just not shite at this. I really love it. But I am shite. 

Yeah, respect, man. Despite playing this for years, I've not made it past +4; I tend to average +2, but this can dip on a bad streak to +0 or even S.

If I'd have known, I'd have paid more respect when @DC Lemon came a-visiting randomly to my plaza (was a while back, I'm 29* now):

642112605_DC_Lvisits.thumb.jpg.f7ad769d453336217acb1b1b0340c585.jpg

While I have the microSD out, here's probably the best SplatFest victory I've ever had - wasn't this recent one; was a Shifty Station a couple of Splatfests ago:

BestSplatFest.thumb.jpg.215e3ec4efde5070949f6b074a2459e8.jpg

They got something like 6.9%. I'm not counting the time it was four against 1 on Walleye Warehouse for some poor sap - give him his due, he waited out the game and tried to escape his spawn point...

• Upvote 1