strawdonkey

Splatoon 2

My five yeart old son made me choose invisibility. His reasoning was that flying is basically just a better way of getting around, and he can already get around okay. Whereas invisibility is something completely new.

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, neoELITE said:

I just played a Tower game on the new map and got 38 kills - we won. It was mental, triple kills, double kills, assists galore. Sometimes, I seem to get into a purple patch and just can't lose. 38 is ridiculous but for the entire game (it went to the end), I was a machine :) I only died twice.

38 is damned good - I've had one game of Splat Zones where everyone had near 30 kills, no exceptions; just carnage in the splat zone, with everyone piling in with no letup.

Those crazy games are the most fun - can't be doing with sterile standoffs with one side cruising like sharks around a sea of their own colour.

2 minutes ago, Scribblor said:

My five yeart old son made me choose invisibility. His reasoning was that flying is basically just a better way of getting around, and he can already get around okay. Whereas invisibility is something completely new.

Smart kid.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Scribblor said:

19 minutes ago, smac said:

Smart kid.

That kid is a pervert. When is he joining rllmuk? If you could switch invisibility on and off, I'd be in but being invisible would be rubbish in the winter as you'd have to go about in the nude. I'd definitely have fun at a Premier League match though being invisible or I'd follow Boris Johnson around and fart a lot.

• Upvote 1

See my issue with flight is there is nothing to suggest you would be able to travel any faster than you already do. There is no super speed or anything so you'd just have a bunch of fat dudes floating around and waddle speed and that would just annoying....however I very much agree with punching seagulls....made me actually lol

I went with invisibility, assuming that the power would extend a few millimetres from my body, similar to superman's strength projecting onto his ordinary costume and making it bullet proof. 

Who are the G&K people? There seem to be a few of them in unranked battles. I assume they're some sort of team? 

I also assume they're practicing something specific, because they never seem to do all that well in terms of individual score.

4 minutes ago, Scribblor said:

Who are the G&K people? There seem to be a few of them in unranked battles. I assume they're some sort of team? 

I also assume they're practicing something specific, because they never seem to do all that well in terms of individual score.

Fans of a YouTube channel that nobody outside of France cares about.

So. Random observations.

The view behind Pearl and Marina in the updates? That's actually your own plaza - if you see an inkling through the window behind them, when they finish, that inkling will be ahead of you, looking in their window and taking pics.

Unlike the first game, the shoulder buttons don't run through the shops in the order they appear in the mall. Minor irritation if you're trying to avoid Sheldon's updates.

Hmmm. The skill fragment cost appears to be related to the number of slots on the item of gear; so it can cost 10, 20 or 30 fragments to get a specific slot to the position you want. Not quite worked out the rules - whether it's based on number of full slots or not.

5 minutes ago, Scribblor said:

I wondered if some of them were throwing games to give their guy on the opposing team a boost. They seem to play nice on some teams; dick around on others.

On 30/08/2017 at 21:13, smac said:

Hmmm. The skill fragment cost appears to be related to the number of slots on the item of gear; so it can cost 10, 20 or 30 fragments to get a specific slot to the position you want. Not quite worked out the rules - whether it's based on number of full slots or not.

It's based on the number of times you already have that ability on the piece of gear. If you're trying to add Special Charge Up to something that doesn't have a sub of it it'll cost 10 chunks regardless of star rating, number of slots filled with other abilities, etc; if you already have one Special Charge Up sub it'll cost 20 chunks regardless of whatever else is on the gear; something where both other sub slots are both Special Charge Up will cost 30 chunks to add a third sub of it.

• Upvote 2

Believe it or not, I just found that out and came in here to post the same thing!

Good way to do it - encourages mixing abilities across different gear sets.

10 hours ago, strawdonkey said:

It's based on the number of times you already have that ability on the piece of gear. If you're trying to add Special Charge Up to something that doesn't have a sub of it it'll cost 10 chunks regardless of star rating, number of slots filled with other abilities, etc; if you already have one Special Charge Up sub it'll cost 20 chunks regardless of whatever else is on the gear; something where both other sub slots are both Special Charge Up will cost 30 chunks to add a third sub of it.

That means you'd be best to split the abilities up then - instead of say 3 swim up all on one gear (which would be 60 chunks), do 3 swim up 1 on each piece of gear (which would then be 30) - is that right? So decide what you want overall, and then spread it over three pieces of gear.

55 minutes ago, StumpyJohn said:

When using a drink to boost my chances of a particular ability I've got really lucky and managed to get ink saver main in all 3 sub-slots on my grizzco helmet

Thats not pure luck, the drink will boost the chances of getting the gears common gear ability, you can equip gear + drink to get a high chance of a particular bit. 

Ive only managed 2 out of 3 so you did have a bit of luck!

3 hours ago, rgraves said:

That means you'd be best to split the abilities up then - instead of say 3 swim up all on one gear (which would be 60 chunks), do 3 swim up 1 on each piece of gear (which would then be 30) - is that right? So decide what you want overall, and then spread it over three pieces of gear.

Yup. Also encourages a bit of mixing and matching - I like to have a full Ink resistance plus 1 sub; and then fill out with two sub-special charge ups. So I can probably tailor that way better this way over several different combinations of primary slots, than ending up with just 1 piece of kit that meets that pattern.

I love the thinking behind the design choices, here; they learned a lot from the first game.

Huh, that was weird.

Started a game of Rainmaker, and only two figures rose out of the ink on the spawn; me and a paintbrush wielder.

Against four of the other guys, we proceeded to lose - but we put up a fight; it's all good practice.

But in the results, three people on our team were shown with a splat score - someone with a Brolly had 6 splats and 0 specials. I only saw the two of us throughout the game (we didn't get too far from the spawn point after the first 30 seconds of the game).

2 hours ago, Strafe said:

The new gun is a bit shit. All the volume and range of a 90 year old trying his luck at Bukkake 

It's not brilliant for coverage, but it easily outranges your Aerosprays and whatnot and has decent stopping power. The Bubble Blower is simultaneously the best and worst special - depending on the quality of your teammates, or your ability to shoot the bubbles yourself. On one game, a teammate with a charger shot one bubble at just the right time and it exploded over two opponents. I shot another which splatted the other two, so for a few seconds it was 4v0.

I couldn't blow up a teammates bubbles for the life of me. They were like rainmakers!

Agreed on the splatpower of the gun. I came up against the business end of an opponents with an aerospray and felt the impact through the screen :(

As team flight, I've been in winning teams three out of four games so it's going rather well. We did lose one game - me level 36, two other both on level 4 and someone called Elizabeth who was level 1. That was brutal.

On 01/09/2017 at 09:31, StumpyJohn said:

When using a drink to boost my chances of a particular ability I've got really lucky and managed to get ink saver main in all 3 sub-slots on my grizzco helmet

Thats not luck, the drink will boost the chances of getting the gears common gear ability

11 hours ago, Strafe said:

The new gun is a bit shit. All the volume and range of a 90 year old trying his luck at Bukkake 

You kidding me? I guess it's not top choice for turf wars, but it hits hard, has great range, and finally has a bomb secondary in this release. Splattershot Pro was one of my go-to guns in the first, but not with a point sensor.

Special I wasn't sure about until I took out two opponents with one bubble just now. Basically, mini Rainmaker shields!