Jump to content
rllmuk
strawdonkey

Splatoon 2 - Mayo v Ketchup Splatfest reprised in late May 2020

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Doctor Shark said:

There needs to be an invulnerability window just after you land from a super jump to avoid the situation whereby you land and get instantly splatted. 

 

That's the risk vs reward of using the super jump. It would negatively affect the ebb and flow of the territory battle if you had even a small window of invulnerability. 

  • Upvote 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Doctor Shark said:

There needs to be an invulnerability window just after you land from a super jump to avoid the situation whereby you land and get instantly splatted. 

There are two gear abilities that csn help, one that makes you jump slower but hides the landing marker, and one that lets you roll out of the way on landing.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got it for ~£40 from the South Africa eShop if that helps.  My UK debit card worked fine.

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No problem.

 

As an aside, the card payment shows as Nintendo of Europe, some I'm guessing SA falls under the EU umbrella as far as the eShop is concerned.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, ann coulter said:

I may have found a weapon to rival the Aerospray MG. Anyone tried the Octobrush? Dunno if it was in the first game but you're basically flailing a massive paintbrush around in front of you. Has the Inkjet special and an autobomb sub - better extras than the Aerospray MG.

I could never get on with the brushes, to much hard work on my trigger finger. That may have been down to the size of the Wii U pad though, maybe I should give them a go again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It seems that on a couple of the Turf War maps in yesterday's rotations, there was actually no way over to the opponent's base at all. Is that right? Too high to jump, with no walls that hold onto ink.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I recommended this to a friend as he's looking for something new to play.

He checked the Metascore and replied "Nah, it only has 84 on Meta so it's not for me" :blink:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Shimmyhill said:

 

Time to upgrade your 56k chum!  My tethered mobile did it in under 2 hours in some wafty 2 bar 3G :o

I downloaded it tethered yesterday on 4G in about 20 minutes after finding myself with a ridiculous connection... After saying I wasn't going to buy it as Zelda and ARMS were taking up enough of my time :P

 

Glad I did though, played for an hour last night losing my first 4 or 5 games before things clicked - once I figured that getting deeper into enemy territory was more important than covering every last inch in ink I managed to come top in quite a few matches (changing to the 2nd weapon helped as well, the starting gun is balls and using the test range helped me get my head around the secondary weapons a bit better). 

 

Looking forward to the odd game on my commute. Might need to focus on single player unless I can squeeze in a game before the train arrives though... 

 

:D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Adrock said:

 

That's the risk vs reward of using the super jump. It would negatively affect the ebb and flow of the territory battle if you had even a small window of invulnerability. 

 

Also, if you see the jump target indicator on you, you can hang around to protect the incoming inkling.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I presume your final score is dependent on how much of your ink is left at the end of the game, not what you painted?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Eighthours said:

It seems that on a couple of the Turf War maps in yesterday's rotations, there was actually no way over to the opponent's base at all. Is that right? Too high to jump, with no walls that hold onto ink.

 

I know that in the original you could get close in all of them, but in most that the actual spawn point was raised. Where it wasn't, there was a force field around it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Never played the firs one and am new to this but enjoying it so far. 

 

Is salmon run available all the time? I heard someone say it wasn't. Just doing the training for it at the moment. 

 

Any tips on close quarters combat? I'm shit at FPS's. I have a roller and I can paint a lot but as soon as I come up against an enemy I tend to panic and get splatted. I guess it's just practice. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3k possible?

 

3UaXK84.jpg


 

57 minutes ago, scoobysi said:

I presume your final score is dependent on how much of your ink is left at the end of the game, not what you painted?


No, it's how much of the horizontal surface you've painted (painting walls will not grant score or build meter). You can track your score in the top right of the screen besides the special meter. You'll get an additional 1,000 points for a win stacked on top of your total at the end.

 

21 minutes ago, Yiggy said:

Any tips on close quarters combat? I'm shit at FPS's. I have a roller and I can paint a lot but as soon as I come up against an enemy I tend to panic and get splatted. I guess it's just practice. 


Just spam the fire button. Maybe try one of the brushes as they are super powerful and fast up close and have quite a bit of splat range too. The roller is slightly trickier to kill people with - to get the most out of the range you have to jump and swing as it will send a narrow line further.

 

 

2 hours ago, Rayn said:

So I recommended this to a friend as he's looking for something new to play.

He checked the Metascore and replied "Nah, it only has 84 on Meta so it's not for me" :blink:

 

Tell him to stop being a twat and list all the Switch games by user score. He'll find that it's sat at #1.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So many different currencies.

 

abiluty chunks: you can only get them by scrubbing gear, right? So effectively you'd have to buy more gear/clothes and scrub them to have more, right?

 

and that costs cash.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A nice tip I find for any beginners...

 

Constantly have your finger on swim, no need to release it unless you're going to run over some grating. Shooting brings you out of squid phase and releasing the fire trigger will put you back into it.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lost a game by about 40% yesterday. When it got to the player scores, two people on my team had 0 but managed about 15 kills between them. How is that even possible? Were they just sticking to an already painted area?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Fallows said:

No, it's how much of the horizontal surface you've painted (painting walls will not grant score or build meter). You can track your score in the top right of the screen besides the special meter. You'll get an additional 1,000 points for a win stacked on top of your total at the end.

 

Good to know, I've been painting sides of containers etc. too which I guess is a waste of time unles you want to climb.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm having a great time with this, but one thing to be aware of.

 

When playing in handheld mode be careful not to let your Switch go into sleep mode as you're waiting to join a game. It happened to me just as the "Battle Time" came up and disconnected me. It then gave me the Disconnect message. This also explains why sometimes I often start a game with only 3 people as something similar could be happening to them.

 

I've switched the sleep mode timer to 3mins (from 1min) because of this.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've just unlocked league mode, and that definitely looks like it's going to be the mode to play from what I've read of its rules. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Pupponvesh 2 said:

I'm having a great time with this, but one thing to be aware of.

 

When playing in handheld mode be careful not to let your Switch go into sleep mode as you're waiting to join a game. It happened to me just as the "Battle Time" came up and disconnected me. It then gave me the Disconnect message. This also explains why sometimes I often start a game with only 3 people as something similar could be happening to them.

 

I've switched the sleep mode timer to 3mins (from 1min) because of this.

 

 

Surely you are too busy twiddling the sticks to change the music at this point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, spork said:

Lost a game by about 40% yesterday. When it got to the player scores, two people on my team had 0 but managed about 15 kills between them. How is that even possible? Were they just sticking to an already painted area?

 

I'm guessing they disconnected prior to the results or at some other point. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mine just arrived. Stepped into the multiplayer and its fab. Not connecting the connection errors i've had so far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, spork said:

Surely you are too busy twiddling the sticks to change the music at this point.

And pressing buttons to make it go "wubbalubbadubdub"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.